PDA

View Full Version : School Reunions

AfternoonDelight
29-May-08, 12:32
School Reunions

Good idea or not?

I've been thinking of organising one for the people I went to school with in 5th year.

Are they a chance to relive the days of youth or simply a means to realise that the only thing you shared with some people was that you attended the same educational establishment?

Do others go to them or actively avoid them? Is it nostalgia or curiosity (morbid in some cases) that draws people to them?

And what age do you think it is ok to have one?

Mister Squiggle
29-May-08, 17:40
I went to my 10 year reunion and ended up drunk and passed out in the corner, after an impromptu spot of pole dancing. It was the most arduous and grim night of my life - people I loathed at school telling me about how much their house had appreciated in value, the amount of money they spent on their ghastly wedding photos, how their job was the best paid, most fascinating job in the entire history of the entire world blah blah blah ... what else to do but paddle around the whisky vat for a few hours?
We're coming up for my class's 20 year reunion - I will be avoiding it like the plague. I'd rather poke needles in my eyes than see that lot again and, yes, before you all start, they probably feel the same about me.
Saying that, AfternoonDelight, I'm sure yours will be different and you'll have a great time. :D

Sandra_B
29-May-08, 18:50
Personally I have no desire to spend time with the people who made my teen years a misery.