PDA

View Full Version : Co-op Wick

BIG A
29-May-08, 09:41
The CO OP in Angle Park Wick May be closed if the Bid for Sommerfield stores is Accepted ,Staff have been told that the CO OP will close and transfer to the old Sommerfield store at the Riverside and the Building in Angle park will be sold .
IF the deal Fails the CO OP are going to reduce the size of the store by closing off the section where all the Frezzers are and putting them in to main part of the shop.

silverfox57
29-May-08, 12:10
hope wick coop, dose not close as has been been very good store for that side of town,

MadPict
29-May-08, 14:48
Hmmm, as you seem to be keen on facts where have you got this information from?

Some link to substantiate this might help. Until then it is a rumour....

bekisman
29-May-08, 15:00
And this one too?: "Have been told B and Q are to be the tenant of the new store and Garden centre beside tesco".

MadPict
29-May-08, 16:14
Staff have been told that the CO OP will close...

Rumours like this can cause a lot of Stress.[disgust]

Shame you don't follow your own advice...

We write Fact not Fiction.

So just who is "We"?

BIG A
29-May-08, 16:25
Hmmm, as you seem to be keen on facts where have you got this information from?

Some link to substantiate this might help. Until then it is a rumour....
FROM A STAFF MEMBER then checked with COOP PR office .

MadPict
29-May-08, 17:00
Like most of the messages you post about businesses they lack any substantiation - I expect you are going to tell us you are "protecting your source".

If you checked with the Co-op Press office then how about publishing their response here with their contact number so it can be verified, rather than just post speculation after endless speculation...

hotrod4
29-May-08, 18:50
And this one too?: "Have been told B and Q are to be the tenant of the new store and Garden centre beside tesco".

I very much doubt that would ever happen.
Tesco bought Dobbies garden centre so if any garden centre would go there I would imagine it would be them.

hotrod4
29-May-08, 18:52
Like most of the messages you post about businesses they lack any substantiation - I expect you are going to tell us you are "protecting your source".

If you checked with the Co-op Press office then how about publishing their response here with their contact number so it can be verified, rather than just post speculation after endless speculation...

I too have noticed that Big A seems to know more about whats happening about business' in Wick than the business' themselves do!!!(fact or fiction) ;)

dirdyweeker
29-May-08, 20:35
The CO OP in Angle Park Wick May be closed if the Bid for Sommerfield stores is Accepted ,Staff have been told that the CO OP will close and transfer to the old Sommerfield store at the Riverside and the Building in Angle park will be sold .
IF the deal Fails the CO OP are going to reduce the size of the store by closing off the section where all the Frezzers are and putting them in to main part of the shop.

how interesting. When are we likely to know of the outcome of the bid by the Co op?

rfr10
29-May-08, 21:48

Apparently it's archives from dounreay that are going there now. Haven't heard a single thing about the retail park now.

Venture
29-May-08, 22:49
You're totally wrong on that one rfr10. At the recent Community Council it was announced that there will be six units next to Tesco and planning applications are expected soon. Only then will the names of the companies involved be released. The Dounreay Archive is in a different location as far as I can remember.

dirdyweeker
29-May-08, 23:43
have been doing a wee bit of research as I have a personal interest in any future of the Wick Co op. Seems it has past the point of buying out Somerfield. I have come up with this
http://www.thisismoney.co.uk/news/article.html?in_article_id=401762&in_page_id=2

emb123
30-May-08, 00:05
Thanks Dirdyweeker, very interesting article.

Shame ASDA aren't interested. It would've provided them with outlets at long last in the last few bastions of Tesco backhanders that they've otherways not been able to get into - places like Thurso (oops, too late!) and Wick.

Somerfield traditionally have stores in locations which are too small for the big supermarket chains to consider making the effort to move into.

I suppose that now the likelihood is that Tesco will get the Somerfield group at a knockdown price and they'll just become Tesco Expresses or charity shops for locations where there is already a Tesco.

great. :~(

-

Do check out Tesco vs Denmark on Youtube for a little light relief if you get a dull moment

Fran
30-May-08, 03:21

Very strange... especially after getting planning permission to put a cafe in the co-op store and this is why they are making more space. This was also in the local paper

Maybe you know why a house next to the co-op was purchased by an oil company for a large amount, mainly for the ground, not the house???.

rfr10
30-May-08, 08:30
You're totally wrong on that one rfr10. At the recent Community Council it was announced that there will be six units next to Tesco and planning applications are expected soon. Only then will the names of the companies involved be released. The Dounreay Archive is in a different location as far as I can remember.

Well then I'm not totally wrong. Maybe the community council should be keeping the community up-to-date aswell then. The Dounreay archives are to be situated near the airport, according to the Caithness Courier and so is the new retail development. Planning applications expected soon? It wasn't that long ago before we were told the applied and received planning permission.

Venture
30-May-08, 09:46
Apparently it's archives from dounreay that are going there now. Haven't heard a single thing about the retail park now.

You stated the archives were going next to Tesco Im merely saying to you that it is the six new units that are next to Tesco the archive is in a different part of the airport area. The planning permission already given was for the building of the units not the individual occupiers. Everything discussed at the Community Council is reported in the Groat or Courier.
http://www.johnogroat-journal.co.uk/news/fullstory.php/aid/3998/Wick_to_get_'world-class'_nuclear_archive.html

northener
30-May-08, 09:52
You stated the archives were going next to Tesco Im merely saying to you that it is the six new units that are next to Tesco the archive is in a different part of the airport area. The planning permission already given was for the building of the units not the individual occupiers. Everything discussed at the Community Council is reported in the Groat or Courier.

I believe that the Archive is to be somewhere off the main Airport road.

misty woman
30-May-08, 19:58
FROM A STAFF MEMBER then checked with COOP PR office .I think this "staff member"is talking rubbish,i work in the coop in wick and this is the first time i have heard this rumour,some how i think they would have told the staff if they were going to be closing the wick store.

telfordstar
30-May-08, 20:11
quite right misty woman you tell them :lol:

misty woman
30-May-08, 20:16
thankyou telford star

MadPict
30-May-08, 21:07
I think this "staff member"is talking rubbish,i work in the coop in wick and this is the first time i have heard this rumour,some how i think they would have told the staff if they were going to be closing the wick store.

Obviously you are not privy to the same information as the staff member who leaked the NEWS to BIG A......;)

BIG A
30-May-08, 21:56
I could name my source in the CO OP wick and in there HO but why should i so some of you can make PERSONAL attacks on the website