PDA

View Full Version : Border Collie Stolen from Border Collie Rescue in Berkshire

colliewobbles
28-May-08, 23:04
http://i94.photobucket.com/albums/l93/jazzthedestroyer/laddrspca3.jpg

We are trying to find Ladd a short coated Border Collie, he was stolen from Border Collie Rescue in Berkshire last year, originally he was in the Ashtead area of Surrey, then he was moved to Leatherhead, then he was sold on. We have had some very good information, which the police in Thurso are also working on, along with the SSPCA, Ladd is believed to of been rehomed to someone living in Thurso, the information has come from someone who lives in Thurso, and knows the person in Ashtead who stole Ladd. There is a substantial cash reward for any information leading to Ladds safe return. If Ladd has been sold to someone who didnt realise he was stolen, and is happy in his new home, we would be prepared to let the people adopt him through the proper channels. We just want to do what is best for Ladd. Is someone keeping him near you, he would probably be kept outside, as he is not used to being in a house. This picture was taken by the RSPCA when he was tethered on a building site on the Dorking/Reigate Roundabout, he had been used as a guard dog.

carasmam
29-May-08, 19:42
What a distance for the poor dog to have come. Hope you get a good outcome to this situation.

binbob
29-May-08, 19:52
poor wee soul..he lookes really miserable.
i hope he is returned and if not then i hope he is safe and well.
god bless u ladd xx

Liz
30-May-08, 14:17
Oh poor Ladd.

He looks so miserable in the picture so well done for rescuing him from that awful place.
It is so sad that this has happened to him and I truly hope that he is with someone who cares for him now.

colliewobbles
30-May-08, 15:38
Ladd is in the local paper, next week, i hope !!!! If there is anyone that could print ladds picture and give to local postman, that would be great, the information we had was that Ladd was being used for Guard work on a farm, so we need someone who goes onto these isolated farms to be aware that ladd has been stolen, if you can help at all it would be greatly appreciated, thanks

Liz
30-May-08, 23:01
If you haven't done so already it would be worth making posters and putting them in shops.
Also the Vets surgeries especially in the Farmer's 'section'. Even the Vets themselves may have seen him if he is on a farm as you suspect.

How old is Ladd?

Margaret M.
30-May-08, 23:10
I just hope wherever he is that he is loved and is being treated well. Such a sad picture.

Liz
30-May-08, 23:18
I just hope wherever he is that he is loved and is being treated well. Such a sad picture.

Doesn't it break your heart looking into such sad eyes?:~(

I really, really hope he is happy now.

Unfortunately I don't have a printer but if you could send me some posters I would distribute them for you and take some to the post office as well so the posties can keep a look out.

carasmam
30-May-08, 23:36
Can someone in Thurso print off a picture to put to the delivery office? Please let me know if you have already. If I dont hear from anyone I'll send one up to the posties tomorrow.
Hopefully some of them come on the Org and know about Ladd already though.

Liz
30-May-08, 23:44
That would be great. Would you be able to put a photo to the Vets as well Carasmam?

carasmam
30-May-08, 23:53
Yes will do Liz, It would be great if someone from Thurso could help, if not it will be Monday now before they get them if I post it out.

Liz
31-May-08, 11:44
That's really good of you.

Would be good, as you say, if someone from Thurso could help though. Anyone?

colliewobbles
01-Jun-08, 13:22
I'd just like to thank everyone for there help, being so far away i feel useless, i have sent an email with ladds picture to the vet in thurso, i think there is only one, if anyone could possibly let Audrey from the SSPCA have one id really appreciate it, they dont have an email address for me to send one to, thanks again to everyone, hes supposed to be in next weeks paper, so hopefully we might get some new leads, PC Kerr is off sick so ive not been able to speak to him for a week or so, he was going to go back and see the person in Thurso who gave him the original information, so lets hope hes back on duty soon !!!

carasmam
01-Jun-08, 14:01
I'm sure one of the employees from the SSPCA comes on the org a lot so hopefully she will have seen this.
I put a poster through the vets letterbox in Wick, they were shut when I got up on Saturday. I have also posted a picture to the Royal Mail delivery office in Thurso.
Really hope you get some good news soon.

nannydip
01-Jun-08, 15:55
Sorry I couldn't help, don't have a printer. Ladd has quite distinctive markings, so hope there is a happy ending.

cuddlepop
01-Jun-08, 18:33
Oh I do hope so.
There's something about sad collies eyes that makes me want to weep.:~(

attidude9464
02-Jun-08, 10:46
Don't worry the SSPCA are fully aware of Ladd and are doing all they can to try to find this lovely boy.

colliewobbles
03-Jun-08, 17:09
Dose anyone know if he is in this weeks paper, they rang yesterday to say he was going in , but didnt know if they could put a photograph:( hope they managed too, not much point otherwise ??

evelyn
03-Jun-08, 19:06
Colliewobbles, our local paper comes out on Wednesdays and Fridays. We'll look out for him tomorrow.
evelyn

colliewobbles
04-Jun-08, 12:30
Oh ok many thanks evelyn

carasmam
04-Jun-08, 16:36
Has anyone seen the Courier yet, is Ladd's photo in it?

Moira
04-Jun-08, 18:04
No sign of Ladd's photo in the Caithness Courier. I did have a look to see if there was a report on his disappearance without a photo but I don't see that either. :(

Maybe, hopefully, it will be in the John o'Groat Journal on Friday.

Moira
06-Jun-08, 11:45
colliewobbles - Ladd's story and photo is on Page 4 of today's John o'Groat Journal.

It also appears in the online version here :-
http://www.johnogroat-journal.co.uk/news/fullstory.php/aid/4689/Reward_for_dog's_return.html

I hope this results in Ladd being found safe and well.

colliewobbles
06-Jun-08, 11:56
Ladd is in the John o groats newspaper with his photo, fingers crossed that we will get some leads as to his whereabouts, thanks again to everyone for their help, youve all been so kind

cuddlepop
06-Jun-08, 16:54
What i dont understand is why steal him in the first place?
If he was in a rescue centre why not just ask to rehome him?:confused

colliewobbles
06-Jun-08, 19:45
Hi Cuddlepop, its a long story,this is the very short version, this guy wanted ladd and he had been in a rescue in wales for four years so we didnt know if he would be suitable in a home environment, so we let this chap have him on a three month trial to see if he would get used to living in a house, his vet gave him a glowing reference, in the three mohth period we found out that ladd was chained up adjacent to a large roundabout, not at the property that had been checked, and the rspca had been out too him about five times, so we made arrangements to go and get him back, at this point he sold him, and would not tell us where he was, he was arrested for the theft of ladd, but not charged, and we have been searching for him ever since, we have had death threats from this person, he gets people to ring up and say they have shot Ladd, someone else rang and asked for the reward money, they said they had knocked Ladd down, and they needed the money to scrape him off their car, hes just sick.

colliewobbles
06-Jun-08, 20:47
We have had some more information today, and its still believed that ladd is on the outskirts of Thurso, hopefully sspca will be checking an address for us soon, will update asap, thanks

carasmam
06-Jun-08, 20:50
Paws and fingers crossed here :) Hope he is being well looked after wherever he is, it cant be worse than what he's been through. Some people make my blood boil [evil]

cuddlepop
07-Jun-08, 07:59
Hi Cuddlepop, its a long story,this is the very short version, this guy wanted ladd and he had been in a rescue in wales for four years so we didnt know if he would be suitable in a home environment, so we let this chap have him on a three month trial to see if he would get used to living in a house, his vet gave him a glowing reference, in the three mohth period we found out that ladd was chained up adjacent to a large roundabout, not at the property that had been checked, and the rspca had been out too him about five times, so we made arrangements to go and get him back, at this point he sold him, and would not tell us where he was, he was arrested for the theft of ladd, but not charged, and we have been searching for him ever since, we have had death threats from this person, he gets people to ring up and say they have shot Ladd, someone else rang and asked for the reward money, they said they had knocked Ladd down, and they needed the money to scrape him off their car, hes just sick.

Speachless.:eek:

evelyn
07-Jun-08, 10:59
Totally sickened. No wonder you are trying so desperately to trace him.
evelyn

Liz
07-Jun-08, 12:14
What a horrible piece of work! Would like to say something else but would get banned!:confused

Poor, poor Ladd. I hope, with all of my heart, that he is being treated kindly where he is now and that you find him soon.

teenybash
07-Jun-08, 13:00
I have just read this thread and saw the pics of Ladd...........my heart breaks for him............... there are some very sick people out there :mad: ...let's hope he is found soon....safe and well.

attidude9464
07-Jun-08, 21:46
It is with much sadness that I have to report that the SSPCA went to follow up the information allegedly about Ladds whereabouts but unfortunately it was not him. So sorry, but I am sure that the SSPCA will not give up looking for this poor boy.

cuddlepop
08-Jun-08, 09:59
It is with much sadness that I have to report that the SSPCA went to follow up the information allegedly about Ladds whereabouts but unfortunately it was not him. So sorry, but I am sure that the SSPCA will not give up looking for this poor boy.

That is so sad.
Everyone was hoping it was him.:~(

colliewobbles
09-Jun-08, 16:47
Many thanks, unfortunately as we now know this was not Ladd, although he was quite similar, we are gutted to say the least, but we will not give up looking for him, although we have run out of ideas now, we will just have to re-group and start again, i'd just like to say many thanks to the SSPCA who have been absolutely brilliant many thanks to them, we couldnt of managed without them, and of course to everyone on this forum who have offered help and well wishes, thanks to you all, xxxx

colliewobbles
10-Jun-08, 10:21
Had a phone call from a lady this morning to say that she has seen Ladd at Dunnet Woods, she tried to get a dog in the car that looked like him, but he got away and went back into the woods, if anyone is in that area could they please keep a look out for this dog to see if he matches ladds description, thanks

teenybash
10-Jun-08, 14:59
Hopefully the dog in Dunnet woods was Ladd and he has a safe return......

teenybash
22-Jun-08, 00:07
Any news on Ladd...............hope he has been found safe and well.:roll:

colliewobbles
24-Jun-08, 09:03
No sorry no news on Ladd at the moment.

Phoenix200416
25-Jun-08, 00:25
This is such a sad story :( I hope that Ladd is ok and turns up safe and well soon :) I have my fingers crossed for you in your search.

thejudd
18-Oct-08, 23:35
Hi everyone Thought I would bring this post up again. Has anyone got any updates on this story.