PDA

View Full Version : Compost Bins!

KCI
28-May-08, 13:03
Just a question - has anyone tried to order one of the discount compost bins from the WRAP Home Composting website?

The Highland Council were putting out leaflets with info regarding recycling etc, and stated that you could order discount compost bins. I ordered and paid for mine in March, and still haven't received it!

When I contacted them, they said that the compost bin had apparently been delivered, but it looked like it had been delivered to the wrong address, or someone had taken it! They apologised, and said they would send another one out, but that was weeks ago, and it's still not here! Tried to contact them again, but they won't reply!

Just wondered if anyone else has had a problem, or am I just a jinx?

I wouldn't really mind, but I thought it was something else that would keep hubby busy in the garden, so I get some peace! :lol:

dragonfly
28-May-08, 13:36
I ordered one after getting a leaflet earlier this month and it was delivered last week. I'd contact them again to find out where they are going :confused

scorrie
28-May-08, 14:50
The first time we ordered one it took months to arrive. The one we ordered recently arrived quite quickly though (less than two weeks). However, our neighbour ordered one at the same time we did and has not received hers yet. The guy who delivered ours had a van full with compost bins and no other type of product, so I suspect they probably wait till there are enough orders in the area to warrant a delivery run. We had to sign for our bin, so they should be able to trace if it went astray.

porshiepoo
28-May-08, 15:24
I bought and paid for one of the smaller ones last year. It didn't come for months so I complained and they set me the largest one at no extra cost. :). Good job I have enough to put in it.

KCI
28-May-08, 17:46
Thanks guys.

I've contacted them again, so we'll see what happens!
Wish I hadn't ordered it now!:roll:

Tighsonas4
28-May-08, 21:42
COMPOST BINS
we ordered one of the smaller ones and had word back that it would be about six weeks heres hoping [lol] tony

boreray
28-May-08, 22:21
We ordered two of the large ones and they were delivered within 10 days. Although 1 has the lid missing which should be delivered this week. Fingers crossed.