PDA

View Full Version : So Long Alec McLeish

golach
27-Nov-05, 17:03
Nae luck the Huns.......Hibs 2 Glesca Rangers 1 Eastcoasters Rule !!!!!!! :lol:

scotsboy
27-Nov-05, 17:31
I am certain that ref wasn't one of those Freemasons.

willowbankbear
28-Nov-05, 02:02
Enough is Enough Eck, the worst run in the History of Scotlands Biggest and most successful club.
Yer tenure must come to a permanent end, we just cant take anymore performances like today-Gutless No pride Crap, Do yerself a favour Eck & go Now.
The Rangers Football Club has never been so low,Eck is a great guy but its not working .
Goodbye Eck & Thanks for 1 fine day in May never to be forgotten. Cheers

Chillie
28-Nov-05, 02:10
Never know they might approach wick academy manager since they are now 5th in table

lassieinfife
28-Nov-05, 12:59
Why blame Alex he wasnt on the field............... 11 grown men ? and they couldnt win a match:p

scotsboy
28-Nov-05, 13:17
We only had 10 at the end. McLeish has a job to put a team on the field, the team need to be prepared, organized and motivated - this has not been happening.

weeboyagee
28-Nov-05, 14:51
Cheerio, cheerio, cheerio.....

The fact that both the old firm lost at the weekend and we grabbed a draw from the jaws of defeat caused me to have a wee bit of a cheering outburst in Witherspoons when the results came out about Celtic and Hearts on the Sky Sports vide-printer!

How I hoped that the boyz in Blue could gub the Hibees and keep them off our tail. But alas, what do you guyz have to do to win these dayz??? What's the point in keeping a manager who is not delivering? Get rid of him or send him to the back benches, buy a puppet - they work just as good.

On second thoughts - keep him where he is - he's doing a GREAT job! :D

The Pepsi Challenge
28-Nov-05, 16:35
Rangers might just get that ten-in-a-row after all. Ten games without a win, that is.

hereboy
28-Nov-05, 17:43
A mate of mine sent me an email which you may have seen.

At the last Rangers game at Pittodrie there was a big banner being flown by the Aberdeen fans which read -

"Agent McLeish - Mission Accomplished - Return Home"

even a blue nose could appreciate the humour in that...

scotsboy
29-Nov-05, 05:03
I am afraid your post is full of inaccuracies and mistakes hereboy. The game in question was at Ibrox, the banner in question was not at Ibrox, another banner was removed from Aberdeen fans for safety reasons. The wording is a direct copy of a banner unfurled at Parkhead by Rangers fans except the person highlighted was Kenny Dalglish during the time of the Keltic Dream Team (sic). So in short nothing happened and if it did it would not have been original……..Aberdeen fans should stick to what they are good at i.e. singing about the Ibrox disaster and how the greatest achievement ever completed by an Aberdeen player was to ruin the footballing career of one of Scotland’s brightest talents.

hereboy
29-Nov-05, 06:00
Apologies for the inaccuracies... it was from memory, I had deleted the email but did remember what the quote was. The email came from a third party so again Pittodrie/Ibrox - who knows, I wasn't there. Maybe the whole thing was made up as a joke.

The fact it was first made up by Rangers fans also explains why it is both funny and clever though.

PS. I met Durrant in a chip shop in Largs in 91-92ish - nice enough lad, wee bit excitable and not Nobel prize material - still its a crime what happened to him on the "killing fields" of Pittodrie.

scotsboy
29-Nov-05, 08:14
I will probably be having a beer with Ian Durrant next week.

Dons_Lad
29-Nov-05, 13:56
Aberdeen fans should stick to what they are good at i.e. singing about the Ibrox disaster and how the greatest achievement ever completed by an Aberdeen player was to ruin the footballing career of one of Scotland’s brightest talents.

I agree, it's brilliant when 50,000+ Rangers fans don't sing anything back bar Rule Britannia, tremendous response I must say. Bar the obvious Rangers songs, what other ones do you indeed have? There isn't many, least we non-Rangers fans have the brains and mental capacity to make up new songs. While Rangers are still greeting about Neil Simpson's "shocking" tackle on Iain Durrant. Boo hoo, here's your rattle back!

loganbiffy
29-Nov-05, 14:04
I agree, it's brilliant when 50,000+ Rangers fans don't sing anything back bar Rule Britannia, tremendous response I must say. Bar the obvious Rangers songs, what other ones do you indeed have? There isn't many, least we non-Rangers fans have the brains and mental capacity to make up new songs. While Rangers are still greeting about Neil Simpson's "shocking" tackle on Iain Durrant. Boo hoo, here's your rattle back!

Yes we rangers fans only have one song, that is true(chuckle).
what exactly have aberdeen done in the past 10-15 years?
it would be different had it been ian durrant on neil simpson though, it wasnt just cos he played for rangers but he was a great talent and could have made a difference for our country had he not been mangled.

hereboy
29-Nov-05, 14:38
I will probably be having a beer with Ian Durrant next week.

Maybe you can confirm or otherwise a story for me then.

When Ian Durrant and Ian Ferguson both were at Rangers, Ian had just brought a brand new house that had been built in a new development somewhere on the outskirts of Glasgow. He had arranged for Durrant to come round and pick him up at his new House a couple of weeks after he had moved on so the two of them could go out on the tear. So Durranty pulls up at this new house on this barely finished estate and goes up to the door. Ferguson is not ready so he opens the upstairs window and shouts down to his pal to let himself in as Ferguson is just throwing on his gladrags.

Durrant goes in - has a wee look around downstairs and goes through the living room where he is completely taken back when he opens a door into the dining room and sees that the dining room table is set for 8 people, glasses, candles, plates the lot. This confuses Durrant, as he thought they were going out on the tear, just the two of them. Now he panics thinking he must have got mixed up and maybe he was supposed to be coming round to Fergusons for a house warming - but who else was invited?

2 minutes later Ferguson appears in the living room dressed to the nines and sees the puzzled look on Durrants face and asks him whats up.

Durrant asks him who is coming round for dinner and now its Fergusons turn to look puzzled. "What do you mean?" Asks the last true blue. "The dining room" replies Durrant, pointing to the diningroom door, "who is coming round for dinner? I thought we were going out on the lash?" Still puzzled, Ferguson goes over the the dining room door and opens it, he walks in with Durrant behind him.

"Oh that", exclaims Ferguson eyeing the set table- "it must have been like that when I moved in."

The story goes that Ferguson had bought the showhome "as was" and had not even looked in all the rooms after having had the place for a couple of weeks. The dining room table was still set up the same way as it had been for prospective buyers to see.

Another Nobel prize winner.

So Scotsboy - Fact or Ficton - let us know what Durrant says.

krieve
29-Nov-05, 14:57
Why blame Alex he wasnt on the field............... 11 grown men ? and they couldnt win a match:p
I agree why blame alex he aint the one on the pitch its always the manager that get the blame when teams play crap . Try getting rid of some of the players after all the are the ones that are playing the game and losing the whole time.

pedromcgrory
29-Nov-05, 15:12
i reckon they should not be paid unless they win only small fees for training etc,to much money in it nowadays

scotsboy
29-Nov-05, 16:12
Without even asking Durrant I can tell you that story is nonsense - because Ian Ferguson does not drink, he is tee-total.

Dons Lad I think you will find that there are more songs about The Rangers than any other football team. That is a fact.

golach
29-Nov-05, 16:13
A seven-year-old boy was at the centre of a Glasgow courtroom drama last week when he challenged a court ruling over who should have custody of him. The boy has a history of being beaten by his parents and the judge initially awarded custody to his aunt, in keeping with child custody law and regulations requiring that family unity be maintained to the degree possible.
The boy surprised the court when he proclaimed that his aunt beat him
more than his parents and he adamantly refused to live with her.
When the judge then suggested that he live with his grandparents, the
boy cried out that they also beat him.
After considering the remainder of the immediate family and learning
that domestic violence was apparently a way of life among them, the judge
took the unprecedented step of allowing the boy to propose who should
have custody of him.

After two recesses to check legal references and confer with child welfare officials, the judge granted temporary custody to.
Glasgow Rangers Football Club whom the boy firmly believes are incapable of
beating anyone.

hereboy
29-Nov-05, 17:52
Without even asking Durrant I can tell you that story is nonsense - because Ian Ferguson does not drink, he is tee-total.

OK - so lets say they were out on the pull then, or was he celibate too?

scorrie
29-Nov-05, 19:17
OK - was he celibate too?

The current mob aren't very good at scoring, that's for sure!!

As for the Nobel Prize stakes, I can't recall which Rangers player it was, but allegedly on a trip abroad he was served a drink by the air hostess and told that if he wanted another drink he should press the button overhead (indicating the buzzer that summoned the cabin crew) When his drammie was done, the player involved reached up and held his glass under the panel, pushed the button and was puzzled when no liquid was dispensed!! Obviously not carrying any "excess baggage" up top!!