PDA

View Full Version : Anyone got a HP Compaq laptop?

Thursoman
27-May-08, 17:04
Hi there, this is a desperate call I know, but I wonder if anyone could help me out here? :confused
I own a HP Compaq nx6110 laptop that died on me a few days ago. The problem is the mains power side of the motherboard. I'd like to try a fully charged battery on it just to see if it will power up so I can transfer some files I need.
Does anyone here own a nx6110 Laptop? (It will say "compaq nx6110" on the right hand of your screen)
If so would it be possible to charge my dead battery or something?

Any help or advice would be much appreciated indeed!

Thanks

ywindythesecond
27-May-08, 19:14
Hi there, this is a desperate call I know, but I wonder if anyone could help me out here? :confused
I own a HP Compaq nx6110 laptop that died on me a few days ago. The problem is the mains power side of the motherboard. I'd like to try a fully charged battery on it just to see if it will power up so I can transfer some files I need.
Does anyone here own a nx6110 Laptop? (It will say "compaq nx6110" on the right hand of your screen)
If so would it be possible to charge my dead battery or something?

Any help or advice would be much appreciated indeed!

Thanks
Best advice I can give is phone Robin at Rom-Art after 10 tomorrow morning. 01847 896879.
I have a Compaq EVO N1015v. If the battery is compatible, you are welcome to use it.

Geo
27-May-08, 23:18
Another option would be to remove the hard drive and put it in another laptop if you have access to one. Then back up the files to CD/DVD.

NickInTheNorth
28-May-08, 09:14
I'd buy an external USB 2.5 inch hard drive caddy / enclosure and then stick the hard drive in that. That way you have a permanent backup solution too!

Dynamic Sounds
28-May-08, 13:25
Not to be the bearer of bad news but....
...my dad had a compaq laptop and it dies on him on the mains side. Seems that there is a common fault (not aknowledged by compaq/hp) that a small board inside the laptop goes, and it costs a fortune to fix....

have a look on ebay, you'll prob find loads of HP/Compaq laptops with this problem for sale.

Thursoman
28-May-08, 21:16
Many thanks to you all for your support and offers to help but a special thanks to "gollach " who saved the day by kindly charging my battery at his work. :D

THANK YOU!!!!