PDA

View Full Version : Help

egregory
27-May-08, 16:04
My Jeep radiator has sprung a leak, does anybody know where I can get it repaired??

unicorn
27-May-08, 16:44
you get stuff called radweld I think?? But dunno where not a lot of use me lol

tilly
27-May-08, 19:25
Hi we sell radweld and another similar product called ce-lit at Thrumster garage.

DRM
27-May-08, 21:17
A quick cheap alternative is 2 teaspoons of curry powder or similar and run engine up to temp - works every time just have to put up with the smell tho I am afraid

TBH
27-May-08, 21:47
Believe it or not, egg whites will stop most pinhole radiator leaks. If you happen to have some eggs with you, you can separate the yolks from the whites and add it to your radiator. Typically it will take about 3 or 4 eggs worth, but you may need to add more depending on the size of your leak.I don't know if it works but you never know.:D

joxville
28-May-08, 00:18
I used Serck Marston in Inverness about 6 years ago to recore my radiator however I don't know if they are still there because I now live in England. I found this link to other depot's if you want to call them. You will have to remove it and send it to them so having alternative transport would be handy. The cost for a new radiator for me was £340 + VAT, S.M. fixed it for £94 inc VAT!

http://www.zettai.net/find/scotland/car-radiator-servicing-and-repairs/

joxville
28-May-08, 00:24
I used Serck Marston in Inverness about 6 years ago to recore my radiator however I don't know if they are still there because I now live in England. I found this link to other depot's if you want to call them. You will have to remove it and send it to them so having alternative transport would be handy. The cost for a new radiator for me was £340 + VAT, S.M. fixed it for £94 inc VAT!

http://www.zettai.net/find/scotland/car-radiator-servicing-and-repairs/

Incidentally, I was going to give my radiator to a local auto parts trader who said they could get it repaired-turns out they sent them to Serck Martson too so I cut out the middleman and saved extra £40. If some trader says they can repair it find out if they actually do it themselves or send it off.

KEEP_ON_TRUCKIN
28-May-08, 07:42
try John Cormack at the garage at Huna - get him on 01955611498