PDA

View Full Version : What was your favourite cartoon ?

krieve
27-Nov-05, 12:14
Ok we have had favourite movies,drink ect... so what was your favourite cartoon when you where a bairn? i remember Rainbow,Button moon,Fraggle rock,Thunder cats so what do you remember?:D

Drutt
27-Nov-05, 12:39
Oh, I loved Fraggle Rock too. And Danger Mouse, and Trap Door (of course).

I also loved Pingu, but I was at uni by then so the less said about that, the better.

kas
27-Nov-05, 12:44
You have got to look at this website, what a laugh we had at it. It gives you the opening credits to some of your favourite shows.

http://www.tv-ark.org.uk/

You must be just a wee bit younger than myself as I remember all these. The Muppets, Terrohawks, Pigeon Street and Paddington Bear.
But I also have to agree with your choice as well krieve.
My favourite character will always be Sweep from the Sooty show.

acameron
27-Nov-05, 12:47
Any Tex Avery Cartoons

paris
27-Nov-05, 12:49
bill and ben, the woodentops , larry the lamb, oh those were the days!

Tugmistress
27-Nov-05, 13:55
hectors house, the herbs, bill & ben, andy pandy, jackanory, tiswas :)

scotsboy
27-Nov-05, 14:00
Anyone remember that greetin faced wee guy whose mam ran a transport cafe? Think his name was Joe.

porshiepoo
27-Nov-05, 14:09
Tiswas, Black beauty, Button moon, rainbow and i loved the cedar tree.

Sandra
27-Nov-05, 14:19
Chorlton of the Wheelies, Pipkins, Mysterious Cities of Gold, Trap Door.

krieve
27-Nov-05, 14:23
How could i forget worzel gummidge,trap door, super gran,roland rat,

Saveman
27-Nov-05, 14:26
Anyone remember the New Schmoo?

jellybean
27-Nov-05, 14:41
Mr Benn, Fraggle Rock, Bagpuss(not really a cartoon I know). What was Trap Door? Don't remember that one.

Drutt
27-Nov-05, 14:49
This (http://www.80snostalgia.com/modules.php?op=modload&name=Reviews&file=index&req=showcontent&id=115) was Trap Door. I used to love singing the theme tune when I was a kid.

erli
27-Nov-05, 14:53
Thundercats and Dungeons and Dragons.

gleeber
27-Nov-05, 14:54
It wisna till i started thinking about this that I remembered my first cartoon character. The collie dog Black Bob and his master Andrew Glen were my first memories of cartoons. I think it was in the Weekly News. Oor Wullie and the Broons were my favourites though. Ma and Pa, Grandpa, Joe, Hen, Daphne, Maggie, Horace, the twins and the bairn. Wiz that the lot?

Drutt
27-Nov-05, 15:09
I forgot another one I loved - Mr Ben. Now that was a great cartoon.

porshiepoo
27-Nov-05, 15:28
I forgot 'Monkey', although it wasn't a cartoon.
What about Thunderbirds, used to love that whilst eating sunday roast and saucy sponge for pudding!
Fraggle rock, rocks!

krieve
27-Nov-05, 16:23
I also forgot super ted and bananaman,family ness.

Julia
27-Nov-05, 16:44
For me it had to be the Clangers!

paris
27-Nov-05, 16:55
Bring back Captain Pugwash !!

Kenn
27-Nov-05, 17:55
Got to be "Will o' the Wisp"..the voice overs were fantastic also "Chorlton and The Wheelies" the political satire was brilliant. Now when it comes to films it's must be "The Jungle Book" with that laid back Baghera , The King of The Monkeys al la "Satchmo" and the evil coniving Sheer Khan, although I do remember getting really scared watching "Snow White" when she ran through the forest and all the trees were snatching at her clothes.

Rheghead
27-Nov-05, 18:02
Pogles Wood, Mr Benn, Rhubarb and Custard, The Magic Ball, Scooby Doo.

DrSzin
27-Nov-05, 18:05
Fireball XL5 (http://www.nostalgiacentral.com/tv/kids/xl5.htm)

It still looks good even today. I wanted to be Steve Zodiac when I grew up.

krieve
27-Nov-05, 18:52
Here's the fraggle rock song for any one who like fraggle rock. Dance your cares away worries for another day and let the music play down at fraggle rock. Work your cares away dancing for another day and let the fraggles play down at fraggle rock. Dance your cares away worries for another day and let the music play down at fraggle rock. Work your cares away dancing for another day let the fraggles play were johnny scottie skippy timmmmmmmm PUNK ROCK dance your cares away worries for another day and let the music play down at fraggle rock work your cares away dancing for another day and let the fraggles play down in fraggle rock down in fraggle rock down in fraggle rock.

zappster
27-Nov-05, 18:57
hong kong phooey number 1 super guy!!:D

peedie man
27-Nov-05, 21:09
:eek: tom and jerry or the roadrunner:p

marion
27-Nov-05, 22:45
Maggie & Jiggs in "Bringing Up Father?"

scorrie
27-Nov-05, 23:16
Mary, Mungo and Midge (narrated by new reader Richard Baker if I remember correctly) Crystal Tips and Alastair, The Banana Splits, The Hair Bear Bunch (Ooh, Ooh Mr Peevely) The Houndcats, Top Cat, Baileys Comets, The Amazing Chan and the Chan Clan, Wacky Races, Stop The Pigeon, Wombles, Paddington, The Perishers, Ludwig, Raccoons, Casey Jones, Whirlybirds, Catweazle, Follyfoot, Indigo Pipkin, Pippy Longstocking, White Horses, The Flashing Blade

Plus, your favourite and mine, HR Puff N Stuff, which would probably have an entirely different storyline in this day and age.

Bobinovich
27-Nov-05, 23:56
As it is cartoons which is asked for my top would have to be Tom & Jerry - for sheer brilliance and side splitting laughter you can't beat it - my kids & I watch them together and we are in creases which is a great feeling.

Also making my 'top' list is Bugs Bunny and The Simpsons.

porshiepoo
28-Nov-05, 00:22
Mary, Mungo and Midge (narrated by new reader Richard Baker if I remember correctly) Crystal Tips and Alastair, The Banana Splits, The Hair Bear Bunch (Ooh, Ooh Mr Peevely) The Houndcats, Top Cat, Baileys Comets, The Amazing Chan and the Chan Clan, Wacky Races, Stop The Pigeon, Wombles, Paddington, The Perishers, Ludwig, Raccoons, Casey Jones, Whirlybirds, Catweazle, Follyfoot, Indigo Pipkin, Pippy Longstocking, White Horses, The Flashing Blade

Plus, your favourite and mine, HR Puff N Stuff, which would probably have an entirely different storyline in this day and age.

Wacky races? Was that the one with dastardley & mutley in and penelope pitstop? With that fantastic athletic run? lol. Used to love that.

Danger mouse!

lassieinfife
28-Nov-05, 01:28
definitely the clangers bagpus an Mr ben....... I'm even back watching them with my 15 month grandaughter................. bliss:p

willowbankbear
28-Nov-05, 01:52
tom & Jerry or Scooby Doo . There cant be anything else right

Sporran
28-Nov-05, 02:26
Two of my fave cartoons were Tom and Jerry and Top Cat. :)

Lesta da molesta
28-Nov-05, 02:31
Favourite Cartoon?

Ya Bunch O Nancy Boys

Chillie
28-Nov-05, 02:45
Favourite Cartoon?

Ya Bunch O Nancy Boys

Never heard of them obviously takeing the mick, are you one haha.

At Lassagie
28-Nov-05, 11:49
Pogles Wood, Hectors House and who could forget Crystal Tips and Alistair

krieve
28-Nov-05, 12:06
Forgot about the raggy dolls, racoons, care bears, gummie bears.

Saveman
28-Nov-05, 12:36
Battle of the Planets

nuff said...

Sporran
28-Nov-05, 16:52
Another of my fave cartoons was Sylvester & Tweety. :)

hereboy
28-Nov-05, 17:51
Magic Roundabout, Mr Benn and Bod. Ivor the Engine was good too as was Rhubarb and Custard - especially when he was in the shed building stuff... the them tune was the best ever.

Da na na NA,
da na, na NA,
Da na na-na, na-na.

The Pepsi Challenge
28-Nov-05, 17:57
Does anyone remember the name of this cartoon feature? When I was six-years-old and in bed ill with the mumps, my mum went to Graham Beggs, in Thurso, and rented out, what to me, was a rip off of the Coyote/Roadrunner cartoons. I can't remember the specifics but I remember the coyote character talking in it - especially when he mentioned killing the roadrunner-type character with turpentine. It's been bugging me for years, so if anyone has the slightest clue - or maybe even rented it (Beta by the way) back then - please let me know.

My favourite cartoons incedentally, are:
Pigeon Street
Chorlton And The Wheelies
Zool
Dungeons And Dragons
Johnny Bravo
Ducktales
Duckman
Heathcliff
Ren & Stimpy
The Simpsons

William
28-Nov-05, 20:01
Thundercats, that was a fantastic cartoon the only problem was it was in the middle of live and kicking which was rubbish lol

spiggie
28-Nov-05, 20:25
minez was fraggle rock, the moon men, the riddlers and ren and stimpy :) ooh yea and transformers lol

Drutt
28-Nov-05, 21:37
Oh yeah, of course! The Moomins were fantastic.

daviddd
28-Nov-05, 21:44
defo a Popeye, Bluto and Olive Oil person! I must have watched them dozens of times (they were oft repeated on TV) but never got fed up.

Whitewater
29-Nov-05, 00:45
The Flintstones and Popeye.

guitarzan
29-Nov-05, 07:06
trap door :)

spiggie
29-Nov-05, 12:59
ooooh yea i used to love trap door

erli
29-Nov-05, 13:55
You can watch some of the old favourites, like The Clangers, The Herbs, The Wombles, Portland Bill and a few others that I can't remember right now on Sky CH 618 every night after 8pm.

girnigoe
29-Nov-05, 17:52
You have got to look at this website, what a laugh we had at it. It gives you the opening credits to some of your favourite shows.

http://www.tv-ark.org.uk/

You must be just a wee bit younger than myself as I remember all these. The Muppets, Terrohawks, Pigeon Street and Paddington Bear.
But I also have to agree with your choice as well krieve.
My favourite character will always be Sweep from the Sooty show.

Wow!! What a great website!!!! Ive just burnt the dinner cos I was too busy looking through it!!!!!

marion
30-Nov-05, 17:08
The Flintstones and Popeye.

I still watch Popeye on Internet cartoons.

Mad Martigan
30-Nov-05, 17:41
Hong Kong Phooey is the greatest cartoon series ever made! :D

mr_magoo
30-Nov-05, 23:08
i liked the one with the wee bald guy who couldna see properly........canna mind what it was called tho.

fed-ex
30-Nov-05, 23:10
i liked the one with the wee bald guy who couldna see properly........canna mind what it was called tho.Ha Ha Mr Magoo....

Geo
01-Feb-06, 11:47
Ulysses 31
Battle of the Planets
Dogtanian and the three Muskahounds
Rhubarb and Custard