PDA

View Full Version : Freedom of Caithness

Murdina Bug
26-May-08, 16:53
I was re-reading the article on the Business pages about Mr. Datta and his achievements over the years and it occurred to me that he would also be a very worthy recipient of a 'Freedom of Caithness' award. He seems to have been an inspirational trainer for generations. He also debunked the theory that you could not attract medical staff to the north of Scotland - just proves it can be done if the will is there.

Anyone else think he is worth a nomination? How would you nominate someone by the way??

Fran
26-May-08, 20:24
Very definetly.
How many lives has he saved, how many operations has he carried out on Caithness and Sutherland people. He is more than worthy to get the award. Maybe even the MBE or OBE

NLP
26-May-08, 21:18
Don't know how you would go about it but he is definitely a worthy candidate, he treated my mum and was so nice to her and the family. Surgeons don't get enough praise.

joxville
26-May-08, 21:22
Use this link to nominate someone for an honour: http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/Diol1/DoItOnline/DG_4017619

chaz
26-May-08, 21:22
Don't know how you would go about it but he is definitely a worthy candidate, he treated my mum and was so nice to her and the family. Surgeons don't get enough praise.

He treated my mum also on two different occasions and is so nice, definatly deserves some award for his dedication to his work.

the charlatans
27-May-08, 11:44
I totally agree that he should be given the Freedom of Caithness, he is a true gentleman.

But what exactly does it entail? can he just roam about anywhere he likes and does he get free drinks everywhere? Or is it just a title - booooo.

I like to think of him walking about with a big gold key going into everywhere and anywhere he doth choseth.

weestraw
27-May-08, 12:34
Dont know how you would go about getting it for Mr. Datta but just seen that Prince Charlie is getting the Freedom of Caithness for his Birthday present.........

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/highlands_and_islands/7410875.stm

poppett
27-May-08, 18:40
I am in the process, with others, to nominate my OH`s surgeon for a Queen`s birthday honour. It can take up to two years for a decision to be made and the paperwork preparation is daunting to say the least.

We googled "Queens birthday honours" got the address of the Cabinet Office which deals with such requests and phoned them. Paperwork was here within three days.

Mr Datta is also a worthy candidate, not only for his own surgical skills, but also the fact that he is a compitent teacher.