PDA

View Full Version : Digital Cordless Phones

ak1
25-May-08, 21:37
Can anyone recommend a digital cordless phone we are on our 3rd one in a year, they seem to work ok for few months then they go all crackly. the one we got just now is a panasonic last one was binetone and one before that bt. Any suggestions??

Kevin Milkins
25-May-08, 22:58
Can anyone recommend a digital cordless phone we are on our 3rd one in a year, they seem to work ok for few months then they go all crackly. the one we got just now is a panasonic last one was binetone and one before that bt. Any suggestions??

We have had a BT-DECT Digital phone for 6 years and it has supprised me as I have not even changed the batterys yet. it has its main hub and a second one for whatever part of the house you chose.
If you want any more advice on the model etc I can dig it out for you.
Good luck

emb123
28-May-08, 13:26
I've had a number of cordless phones over the years and some of the Panasonics were very good.

The best ones I've ever had and which I'm still using now are the BT Diverse 3000 series IMO.

The Diverse 3016 is the answerphone version and the Diverse 3010 is the non-answerphone version of the base station.

They are DECT phones and GAP compatible so any GAP compatible handset from any other manufacturer should work with any GAP compatible base station.

They are beautifully made of good high quality dense plastic, feel really comfortable in the hand and against the ear, withstand lots of drops, excellent sound, excellent range and reasonable facilities on them - and they take normal AA rechargeable batteries too.

They are an old and discontinued model now (and have been for ages) and were made by Siemens. No colour display, sending SMS messages etc, just monochrome and normal phone functions but if you can get a secondhand set from eBay or somewhere similar for very little then I would recommend them.

I paid £2 for mine on a car boot sale and I've seen them for that kind of price quite often secondhand.

Only thing to watch is if they've been in the hot sun for too long then the plastic coating the rubber number buttons bubbles up and peels off, and also the contacts under the buttons can get a bit unresponsive if kept in damp environment and not used much.

A friend recently bought a brand new old stock Diverse 3016 via eBay but as long as you get one where the seller guarantees that all the buttons work fine you'll have a great phone for very little outlay that should last you for years.

The later Diverse models aren't bad either but these 3000 series were the best of the lot IMO. The 2000 series were good too if you can find a set in very good nick.