PDA

View Full Version : Reminiscing

Anne x
25-May-08, 20:54
Following on from the"" How times have changed thread "" and "Television" thread
Oh and I were in Leith today where OH was born and brought up yes there was a marathon going on and disruption with roads divereted and being dug up but he took me round all his old Haunts as a child Schools etc he decided nothing has changed that much apart from designer flats being erected which appeared to be everywhere Ocean Terminal etc
Same as Thurso and Wick I never think when I go back things have changed that much a few more takeaways and charity shops and new houses being built but always when you enter either town still the same and thats nice and comforting

Lord Flasheart
25-May-08, 21:17
I recently was in the area of my first Primary School. I went back for a look and very little had changed although it did take me a minute to realise that of course the school would appear smaller .. I was looking at it from a greater height.

joxville
25-May-08, 23:25
I recently was in the area of my first Primary School. I went back for a look and very little had changed although it did take me a minute to realise that of course the school would appear smaller .. I was looking at it from a greater height.

You do disappoint me M'Lud-I thought an esteemed gentleperson such as your good self would have attended kindergarten. I'm glad to see you did 'rough' it with us commoner's.

Kevin Milkins
25-May-08, 23:41
My first school that I have very fond memories of is now a retierment home for the elderly.
Although it is in South Wales I often think that when I am a dribbling mess and my kids come to see me at Christmas and feed me a Farleys rusk through a straw.
Thats the place that I would like it to be.

joxville
25-May-08, 23:49
I went back to my Primary School when I started my first job. It was to fit roller shutters to all the entrance's! (I don't think it was to keep the kids in). Anyway, I asked one of the teacher's if I could go and see my first classroom and was shocked at how small the desk's and chair's were. It was sad though having to fit shutters, a sign of the times we were moving into.

Anne x
28-May-08, 01:09
I agree everything that we thought so Majestic and large in childhood is really not that big although some of the buidings are rather impressive even by a Adult standard

justine
28-May-08, 12:25
i returned to my old school whilst on my honeymoon.My hubby got to see where i was educated..It is still a boarding school although under new management it was exactly the same as it was when i was there. Brought back many memories, some good some bad.. I have a picwhich i will load later..