PDA

View Full Version : When did it last rain?

neepnipper
24-May-08, 21:49
Just watching hubbie watering the grass seed put down a week or so ago, got me thinking when did we last have any rain, I mean a good downpour?

Not that I'm complaining, although we could maybe do with a bit of rain overnight just to dampen the garden down.

Can't believe I'm wishing for rain in Caithness!

Is this a record for dry weather, is Caithness going to have a hosepipe ban if it carries on?!!:eek:

Tugmistress
24-May-08, 22:29
6.1mm of rain this month so far.....

Daily rain totals
1.5 mm on day 1
3.1 mm on day 2
1.0 mm on day 4
0.5 mm on day 5

2007 may records are fritzed

2006 may records

Daily rain totals
1.0 mm on day 1
4.1 mm on day 12
0.5 mm on day 13
4.1 mm on day 15
4.1 mm on day 16
2.0 mm on day 17
3.6 mm on day 18
1.0 mm on day 19
1.0 mm on day 20
0.5 mm on day 22
4.1 mm on day 23
1.0 mm on day 24
0.5 mm on day 25
3.1 mm on day 26
3.1 mm on day 27
6.7 mm on day 28
1.0 mm on day 29
1.0 mm on day 30

Tighsonas4
24-May-08, 22:38
RAIN
have just got a hose out and watered the garden
whats the odds it will rain tomorrow [lol] [lol] tony

Tugmistress
24-May-08, 22:45
RAIN

Not a hope!

Kevin Milkins
25-May-08, 00:02
All I have to do to water the garden is get my motorbike out. It always rains then for sure.:confused

George Brims
25-May-08, 02:06
We've had plenty rain in Los Angeles! Also on Thursday we had tornadoes, lightning, and enough hail in places to collapse a couple of flat-roofed houses. And it snowed up at Big Bear (50 miles from downtown LA). It was 40 degrees F colder in LA on Thursday than on Monday - low 100s to low 60s. Never mind the climate getting warmer, it's certainly getting dafter.

Metalattakk
25-May-08, 04:06
RAIN

Likewise, I have football training tonight (Sunday).

I expect nothing but a proper drenching. 'Tis "the law", apparently.

Metalattakk
25-May-08, 04:09
Never mind the climate getting warmer, it's certainly getting dafter.

LOL! Can't wait for Al Gore's film about Global Daftness. :D

brandy
25-May-08, 11:16
just finished wattering the flowers two min ago. not been watering them at night because of the frost. lovley days weve been having. its overcast today though.. :( but at least its still DRY!!!!;)

pat
25-May-08, 12:07
Sunny and breezey in Western Isles - beautiful day, skies are completely clear and bright blue, air wonderful and clean.

Dadie
25-May-08, 12:31
trying to get the washing caught up on .... long may the dry spell last!

EDDIE
25-May-08, 12:39
Just watching hubbie watering the grass seed put down a week or so ago, got me thinking when did we last have any rain, I mean a good downpour?

Not that I'm complaining, although we could maybe do with a bit of rain overnight just to dampen the garden down.

Can't believe I'm wishing for rain in Caithness!

Is this a record for dry weather, is Caithness going to have a hosepipe ban if it carries on?!!:eek:

Well if it rains tommorow we will all know who to blame for that lol.

ciderally
25-May-08, 14:14
throwing it down here just now...

chaz
25-May-08, 15:21
throwing it down here just now...
Can you send us a little of it please :)

percy toboggan
25-May-08, 15:56
Well, the southern end of the mainland is getting a dowsing today...and tomorrow.
Here in Mancunia the wind has been howling all weekend...but no rain to speak of for a couple of weeks at least. There's a test match at O.T. too!!

speedo215
25-May-08, 21:07
could maybe do with a little rain over night to soften ground, even though it was overcast today still got sun burnt

Rheghead
25-May-08, 21:28
The dry spell seems to be delaying the onslaught of the midgies. Last year was awful at this time.

Tom Cornwall
26-May-08, 20:44
today...it bucketed doon..we were walking in Yarmouth..got slightly damp..but it's stopped now:):)

Kevin Milkins
26-May-08, 21:22
today...it bucketed doon..we were walking in Yarmouth..got slightly damp..but it's stopped now:):)

Spoke to my dad this morning on the phone and he said " it had been raining very hard for at least 8 hours and had been flood warnings had been issued in South Wales.

neepnipper
26-May-08, 21:30
....and still the sun shines in Caithness!:D

George Brims
26-May-08, 21:45
LOL! Can't wait for Al Gore's film about Global Daftness. :D

Global Daftness was confirmed by the "election" of GWB over Gore in 2000.:mad:

Metalattakk
26-May-08, 22:08
Ah, but I shan't believe it until Al tells me so. ;)

Whitewater
26-May-08, 22:39
Don't know when it last rained, but seeing this thread has just reminded me to water the garden. I'm off, good night all.

Boozeburglar
26-May-08, 22:46
Global Daftness was confirmed by the "election" of GWB over Gore in 2000.:mad:

Trouble there was that 90% of the US electorate thought the contest was about TV censorship.

:)

dragonfly
27-May-08, 13:46
apart from the washout last year, we always get 2 glorious weeks towards the end of May and then June arrives and its back to normality :( hopefully this year will be different :cool:

the_count
28-May-08, 15:27
ya just had to ask didn't ya lol is it rainy enough now :lol:

unicorn
28-May-08, 15:30
I knew the weather would change today I had baby rabbits due and the temperature always plummets when I get a new litter :roll:

cuddlepop
28-May-08, 16:26
Today it is raining in Portree,first time in 5 weeks.
Yes you read this right.Its been dry and sunny on Skye for 5 weeks.:eek:

Over at the campsite in Glenbrittle there running out of water for the campers.They have their own water supply they take from the hills and its nearlly exhausted.

KCI
28-May-08, 17:48
Oh well, that's the rain back!
My hubby is happy anyway - he's just set up some water butts in the garden, so he's like a little kid now, waiting for them to fill up! :roll::lol:

Liz
28-May-08, 18:44
Just as I ordered sunglasses from Ebay the heavens opened!!!:roll:

KCI
28-May-08, 18:58
Just as I ordered sunglasses from Ebay the heavens opened!!!:roll:

Ah - so it's your fault! Should have known! :cool:

Liz
28-May-08, 19:02
Ah - so it's your fault! Should have known! :cool:

Bet it was your hubby doing a rain dance so his butts would fill up!:lol:

Margaret M.
28-May-08, 19:09
Whomever would believe that rain in Caithness would be a noteworthy event? I hope a little sunshine has been saved for when I come home in Aug/Sep.

lynne duncan
28-May-08, 19:49
know we were needing the rain but could it stop tonight, the little one has her school trip tomorrow to dunbeath and if its like this, we'll freeze, so a small plea for the rain to cease from 10 to 2 tomorrow thank you

Jimbo
28-May-08, 20:09
Thats the rain on now, but when will it stop ???

carasmam
28-May-08, 20:50
Is this the 'May Gobs' then? :Razz

anneoctober
28-May-08, 21:05
I don't know carasmam BUT I wish it would stop, no likey rain[disgust]
What happened to the days of yore when it rained during the night, refreshed the gardens etc and was beautiful during the daytime for the bairns to get oot t play?:confused

Metalattakk
29-May-08, 02:48

Pretty sure the 'May Gobs' were early this year - middle of April or so. Haven't noticed the 'Shochad Storms' so far either.

Global Warming/Daftness at work again, I suspect. ;)

floyed
29-May-08, 13:43
Does anyone else think it's right close today, wonder if we are in for a thunder storm:eek:

carasmam
29-May-08, 19:45
Pretty sure the 'May Gobs' were early this year - middle of April or so. Haven't noticed the 'Shochad Storms' so far either.

Global Warming/Daftness at work again, I suspect.

Oh I thought that was April Showers ;) lol

JamesMcVean
30-May-08, 19:32
it rained today...i got wet...atishoo