PDA

View Full Version : bin collection

Ojibwa
25-Nov-05, 20:28
Hi just read that bins that were not collected today, will not be collected until next friday. Just wondering where I am supposed to put rubbish as my bin is full ? Anyone know if they will be collecting the bins before next friday ?

Tugmistress
25-Nov-05, 20:46
i am a numpty and regularly forget to take my bin down the lane so the bin men will collect it on a thursday, so i sometimes have to wait 2 weeks. what i do is sort out the rubbish as i make it into burnables and nonburnables.
then i just have a bonfire :D it's a good excuse for a clear out too :D

unicorn
25-Nov-05, 20:50
Thats a great idea if you live in an open area but I dont think you are allowed to in the town but not too clear on it. I had actually thought of getting some type of burner to dispose of rabbit waste from hutches but was told by someone that I couldn't as I live in a built up area???? does anyone know if thats right?

Tugmistress
25-Nov-05, 20:56
ooops. forgot about that rule.... always lived in open areas for the last umpteen years apart from one gruelling year in a city :(

the last i knew for definate was you were not supposed to have a bonfire in your garden before 6pm and also you were not allowed to light it if thick smoke was liable to go over a main carriageway, though this has probably changed somewhat now.

if you have a real fire, you could burn stuff on there, i have done so in the past though unfortunately i don't have a real fire now. people will try to tell you "don't burn xxxxxx as it smells" but to be perfectly honest if you think about it, heat rises, smoke goes out of the chimney (unless you are getting a blowback from wind etc) so it stands to reason that most 'smelly' stuff doesn't smell.... this is what i found anyway.

the other option is take it to the tip yourself

shin chan
25-Nov-05, 21:17
According to the council offices in Thurso as our bins didn't get collected today you can put out extra bags next Friday as they will not be collecting before then.

daviddd
25-Nov-05, 21:44
Thats a great idea if you live in an open area but I dont think you are allowed to in the town but not too clear on it. I had actually thought of getting some type of burner to dispose of rabbit waste from hutches but was told by someone that I couldn't as I live in a built up area???? does anyone know if thats right?Correct - your neighbours would not enjoy rabbit sh~~ wafting through their kitchen!

cezzy1234
26-Nov-05, 10:41
i phoned the council yesterdsy they said the bins will not get piked up till next friday and if your bins full you can put extra bags out and the bin men will take them.