PDA

View Full Version : Why would she do that?

Kevin Milkins
23-May-08, 16:47
The strangest thing

You would proberbly have to know my dog, Megan to appriciate how spooky a thing she did this morning.
Megan is a 9-year-old boxer bitch and is the most unusually well behaved dog ever, especially for a boxer.
My wife called to me upstairs and asked if Megan was with me and I said no”.
She looked around the garden and found her behind the shed digging a hole, now this is something she has never ever done and it was a big hole.
When my wife went to fill the hole in she found a silver bracelet (it must be silver as it had probably been there for some time and when it was washed of it looked as good as new).
Having given it a bit of thought, was she just having a dig and it was a coincidence that the bracelet was there? Or did she know it was there and decided to dig up a present for wifie?

unicorn
23-May-08, 17:04
Very weird coincidence, or dog with x-ray vision :eek: either way very sweet :D

ciderally
23-May-08, 17:45
im glad she found my bracelet...thanks megan tee hee oh well....is pretty wierd though is it not...
walk her about the town maybe you could be on to something here....silver finder

Kenn
23-May-08, 21:05
Fantastic, i'm just going to nip next door and ask if I can borrow their boxer for the day,well you never know!

joxville
24-May-08, 00:41
Let her loose in the garden again, see if she can find another. Then you'll have a Boxer matches:D

Kevin Milkins
24-May-08, 01:21
I know and understand that most people that read this thread would think and give a light hearted reply as seen. The more I think about it the more it worries me because this is just not normal .
I dont do spooky but this spooks me a bit. The trouble is there is no answear.

Kenn
24-May-08, 11:37
Thinking back many years to when I and my friends were beach bums during the school holidays, we used to have a female boxer called Tanna with us.
The first thing she would do once we had established our pitch was set to and dig a hole in the sand.It was always presumed that she did it to get to the damp sand below the surface as she would then lie in the hole.
The odd thing was that despite belonging to people with a large garden, even in the heat of the day she never chose to dig there.it was purely a beach thing.

carasmam
24-May-08, 12:04
As you say Kevin there is no answer as such. But I would like to beleive it was more than just coincidence. :) Some say dogs have a second sense and we will never know for sure.

TBH
24-May-08, 17:12
I think the dog actually stole the bracelet and was trying to hide the loot.

Kevin Milkins
24-May-08, 19:31
I think the dog actually stole the bracelet and was trying to hide the loot.

Its a thought[disgust]:D

chaz
25-May-08, 20:54
Our youngest lab digs up anything we have touched , it drives me nuts as its bulbs,stones at the bottom of pots and plants out of the garden and pots!! She then brings it to us wagging her tail!! Not really an explanation for your boxer unless she smelt the scent :)

Kevin Milkins
25-May-08, 22:46
Our youngest lab digs up anything we have touched , it drives me nuts as its bulbs,stones at the bottom of pots and plants out of the garden and pots!! She then brings it to us wagging her tail!! Not really an explanation for your boxer unless she smelt the scent :)

The only problem is chaz ,as much as I would like to at times I have not buried the the wife at the back of the shed with her silver bracelet on.:lol:
I would guess that this braclet has been there for at least 3 years and by coincedence Megan has decided to be naughty for the first time in 9 years and dig a hole where sombody lost there bracelet:confused I am still scared

chaz
28-May-08, 14:22
The only problem is chaz ,as much as I would like to at times I have not buried the the wife at the back of the shed with her silver bracelet on.:lol:
I would guess that this braclet has been there for at least 3 years and by coincedence Megan has decided to be naughty for the first time in 9 years and dig a hole where sombody lost there bracelet:confused I am still scared

Lol ok now we have established you havent buried the wife , yes i agree it is spooky :) Could be coincedence but does seem a bit odd.

Margaret M.
30-May-08, 03:33
Very strange -- I wonder what prompted her to choose that very spot. Amazing!