PDA

View Full Version : Un-invent Something

joxville
23-May-08, 01:56
If you could un-invent something what would you choose?

There are many things I would like to un-invent but my biggest bugbear at the moment is sunglasses because I'm sick of people that wear them indoors or at night so they would be my first choice.

sweetpea
23-May-08, 02:01
if your eyes were sensitive to light you would see the value of them;)

joxville
23-May-08, 02:15

I mean the common or garden muppet that does it to look 'cool'.

sweetpea
23-May-08, 02:34
Oh Ok that's not cool!

the second coming
23-May-08, 08:40

There are many things I would like to un-invent but my biggest bugbear at the moment is sunglasses because I'm sick of people that wear them indoors or at night so they would be my first choice.

The list is huge!

Plastic bags
Cigarettes
Coldplay
Polititians
Mobile phones with small buttons so I dont get a 1,2,3,4,6,7,8,9 when I try and press 5!
Cars with excessively big engines
Flatpack furniture.

I'll get a few more if i put my mind to it :eek:

NickInTheNorth
23-May-08, 08:46

...and if your eye's were not sensitive to light you would see nothing...

:D

Cattach
23-May-08, 09:03
I mean the common or garden muppet that does it to look 'cool'.

You mean like your Avatar?

Metalattakk
23-May-08, 10:16

Religion, all forms of it. The benefits of it are far, far outweighed by the division it causes.

joxville
23-May-08, 10:18
You mean like your Avatar?

Damn, you got me there:D

I only have that for a week then next quiz winner takes it over.

Dreamweaver
23-May-08, 10:21
Computer games

rfr10
23-May-08, 10:42
I want to IVnent white chocolate ice cream. Can't say I've seen it before. :Razz

Gizmo
23-May-08, 11:21
That's pretty easy, the two things the pose the biggest threat to life in general.....Nuclear technology and Religion.

I'd also like to un-invent David Cameron...can't stand the sniveling public schoolboy twit :)

rfr10
23-May-08, 12:00
That's pretty easy, the two things the pose the biggest threat to life in general.....Nuclear technology and Religion.

I'd also like to un-invent David Cameron...can't stand the sniveling public schoolboy twit :)

Oh good, I thought I was the only person who thought that of David Cameron. Can't stand him especially when he stands there making childish jokes in parliament. How on earth did he become their leader.

Cattach
23-May-08, 14:35
Oh good, I thought I was the only person who thought that of David Cameron. Can't stand him especially when he stands there making childish jokes in parliament. How on earth did he become their leader.

I think I wuld like to uninvent politics especially on the net.

rfr10
23-May-08, 14:39
I think I wuld like to uninvent politics especially on the net.

I think I would like to uninvent people who would like to uninvent politics especially on the net.

Angela
23-May-08, 14:59
I would like to un-invent junk mail GRRRRRR.....and mailing lists it's almost impossible to get removed from :(

...and junk email too of course. [evil]

unicorn
23-May-08, 15:24
I would uninvent the majority of these ridiculous human rights laws.

lassieinfife
23-May-08, 15:48
I agree with Unicorn.....also music players on mobile phones........ I DO NOT want to listen to some muppets choise of what they call music especially when I'm on some form of public transport :mad:grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

northener
23-May-08, 16:19
I'd uninvent the Human Race. Biggest vermin on the planet.

Kevin Milkins
23-May-08, 17:05
I hate those parking meters that you have to put your car registration number in so to stop you handing your ticket to someone else if you have time left on it.:mad: For one I can never remeber my number and have to walk back to the car, and two if I have paid for a two hour parking slot then it shoud be my slot for two hours.
If I only use one hour then it ought to be up to me who I give the remainder to.
So its in to room 101 for these types of meters.:D

Max
23-May-08, 17:13
I want to uninvent grumpy teenagers. Don't mind the bit before they turn or the bit after but that grumpy teenage stage does my head in! I'm sure all teenage orgers aren't grumpy - so I'm not insulting anyone!! :)

rfr10
23-May-08, 17:47
I want to uninvent grumpy teenagers. Don't mind the bit before they turn or the bit after but that grumpy teenage stage does my head in! I'm sure all teenage orgers aren't grumpy - so I'm not insulting anyone!! :)

Haha ... well.... :lol:...

honey
23-May-08, 18:00
I would uninvent the majority of these ridiculous human rights laws.

agree totally!!

Cattach
23-May-08, 18:09
I think I would like to uninvent people who would like to uninvent politics especially on the net.

I think I would like to uninvent people who want to uninvent people who would like to univent people who would like to uninvent politics especially on the net.

Better still why not uninvent the net and then my wife would probably (possibly?) get more of my time.

mccaugm
23-May-08, 18:32
My un-invent list..(doubt thats a word but neither is Skorrie really)

Cigarettes- nuff said
Baileys ice cream - cos it tastes so good and I know its bad for me
Alco-pops - less alcohol aimed at teeny-boppers the better
The Star- cos its such a terrible "news"paper
Religion - nuff said
Victoria Beckham
Teenagers who think that their rooms are tidy when they are patently not
Dictators
Washing dishes
Men & women who don't put weight on regardless of what they eat

List is endless....

rfr10
23-May-08, 18:36
I think I would like to uninvent people who want to uninvent people who would like to univent people who would like to uninvent politics especially on the net.

Better still why not uninvent the net and then my wife would probably (possibly?) get more of my time.

I think I would like to uninvent people who would like to... oh forget it! :lol:

percy toboggan
23-May-08, 22:30
Without a doubt - mobile phones...and those silly things some men wear in their wear to try to appear indispensable. Has anyone ever seen a woman with a blue-tooth ear set?...no, neither have I. Well resisted girls.

joxville
23-May-08, 22:46
Without a doubt - mobile phones...and those silly things some men wear in their wear to try to appear indispensable. Has anyone ever seen a woman with a blue-tooth ear set?...no, neither have I. Well resisted girls.

Funny you should mention that Percy. A new female member of staff at my work wears one-first woman I've seen doing it.

joxville
23-May-08, 23:32
I would un-invent the Police's treatment of and attitude towards decent hard-working citizen's that pay taxes.

Tilter
24-May-08, 00:43
I'm with Northerner. I would un-invent the human race (provided I'd already reinvented myself as a meerkat or something).

Also for un-inventing David Cameron.

Andrew C
24-May-08, 10:42
1. Television - junk the vast majority of the time
2. Cigarettes - just disgusting
3. Alcohol - at the root of most social problems in the UK
4. Sean Batty (weather forecaster) - just cos he does my head in
5. Rain - would be much better if we could drink sunshine!
6. Mobile Phones - who wants to be contactable 24/7? Life was at a better pace before them.
7. Religion and all its ugly connotations - its a man made thing often confused with faith in the living God
8. High-rise flats - just ugly unsociable things
9. Chocolate cake - would help my waistline!
10. The United States of America - I'm sure the world would have been more peaceful if they'd remained a British colony lol

pat
24-May-08, 11:15
Agree with your list except for the chocolate cake - would replace that with man made monsters - huge wind turbine, pylons and radio/mobile masts.

Mobile phones would come top of my deinvent list - have one but used for emergency use only and because they have removed most of the pay phones.

Television is a waste of so much time - once folk sit down that it is for the night - no conversation, no anything until bedtime, what a waste of time.

Religion - agree with you - faith is something different and personal.

Alcohol and cigarettes - give the money instead to someone who can do something with it, instead of self harming.

joxville
24-May-08, 11:24
Un-invent:

Cilla Black, The Beatles, Jimmy Tarbuck, Bruce Forsyth, Shereen Nanjiani, Bruce Forsyth's wig, Gordon Ramsey, Ronnie Corbett, Sean Connery, Eastenders especially but all soaps. All diy shows. All cookery shows. Jeremy Kyle, Jeremy Kyles parents, Jeremy Kyles grandparents, doorstep salemen, call centre's, Celtic FC, Rangers FC, Bernie Ecclestone, Max Mosley, USA, guns, religion, my head office, Frederick Forsythe, Wales, adverts that aren't funny, Jonathon Ross' sycophancy towards guest's on his show, toe next to my big toe-the cause of my back trouble.

silverfox57
24-May-08, 11:44
wish they had un-invented cigarettes in the 1960ths before they found out the harm it will cause in later life.

silverfox57
24-May-08, 12:17
Un-invent:

Cilla Black, The Beatles, Jimmy Tarbuck, Bruce Forsyth, Shereen Nanjiani, Bruce Forsyth's wig, Gordon Ramsey, Ronnie Corbett, Sean Connery, Eastenders especially but all soaps. All diy shows. All cookery shows. Jeremy Kyle, Jeremy Kyles parents, Jeremy Kyles grandparents, doorstep salemen, call centre's, Celtic FC, Rangers FC, Bernie Ecclestone, Max Mosley, USA, guns, religion, my head office, Frederick Forsythe, Wales, adverts that aren't funny, Jonathon Ross' sycophancy towards guest's on his show, toe next to my big toe-the cause of my back trouble.
joxville think I can help you ,just take tv fire it in bin,:lol:if not as soon as soaps startsI leave oh ,and pop in and ask who is crying now?:lol:

Sapphire2803
24-May-08, 14:54
5. Rain - would be much better if we could drink sunshine!

Is it just me, or is that lovely? On a day like today though... would we drown? ;)

percy toboggan
24-May-08, 16:40
Un-invent 'The Beatles'
Oh very dearie me NO!
They rescued a generation from the likes of Bobby Vee and Dickie Valentine!!!...we didn't ask subsequent ones to embrace 'em...venerate 'em and love 'em...is it our fault they still outsell almost everyone else?

24-May-08, 16:58
An inappropriate post has been removed from this thread, together with some replies that quoted it.

joxville
24-May-08, 17:07
Is un-inventing Moderator's allowed:D

Lord Flasheart
24-May-08, 18:50
Big Brother.
Political Correctness.
The French.
Any female underwear that isnt a thong.
Journalists.
Anyone who doesnt think breaking wind is amusing.
Embarrasment.
The female desire to cuddle "afterwards"
Scented Candles.
Anything that says its "Hypoallergenic" .. what does that mean ??
Cold callers.
Cherie "Crazy Frog" Blair.
Tampon Adverts.
Nose Hair .. whats it for ??
Ear hair .. cmon !!
Eastenders.
Boy Racers.
That annoying Microsoft paperclip.

Thumper
24-May-08, 20:45
For me it would be......
"Supermodels" who actually wants to look like a heroin addict anyway?
The tacky mobile "tunes" like a cock crowing etc
Burberry anything
Shell suits :eek:
wheelies!!!!!!
That stupid cravendale milk adverts! x

rfr10
24-May-08, 20:54
Ok, being honest now, I'd like to uninvent:

People who think they are more superior than others (eg. the Eggheads on TV)
Bullies
Stereotypical people
Murderers
People who cause war
flies (as far as I'm concerned, they serve no purpose)
Unnecessary organs in the human body (especially the appendix which can burst and release poisonus toxins into your body and kill you.
The man that does the confused.com adverts
adverts which take up a valuable 30 seconds showing a film about chickens and then to find out they are advertising a car.
Erm... the list is endless really but I think you get the idea.
:Razz

Ricco
24-May-08, 21:07
I would like to un-invent money. Its been a LARGE source of greed and motive for all sorts of crimes. Let's get back to barter. :D

joxville
24-May-08, 21:44
I would like to un-invent money. Its been a LARGE source of greed and motive for all sorts of crimes. Let's get back to barter. :D

As far as I'm aware the laws of bartering still apply in this country. You're not obliged to pay the price shown, it is a guideline only, so remember that next time you do your weekly shopping.

tootler
24-May-08, 22:00
flies (as far as I'm concerned, they serve no purpose)

But RFR, what would the swifts and the frogs have to eat if we didn't have flies?

rfr10
24-May-08, 22:02
But RFR, what would the swifts and the frogs have to eat if we didn't have flies?

Better looking insects. Actually..

I'd like to uninvent frogs and swifts and all animals that feed on flies :Razz

Angel
24-May-08, 23:11
I'd uninvent the Human Race. Biggest vermin on the planet.

I have always said that.... glad I am not alone...

Hear Hear Northener

Angel

scorrie
24-May-08, 23:14
7. Religion and all its ugly connotations - its a man made thing often confused with faith in the living God

So the Salvation Army is a non-religious body is it?

Unless I am sorely mistaken, it is a Christian organisation whose members will ultimately enjoy the eternal happiness of the righteous, whilst believing in the endless punishment of the wicked. How forgiving of them all.

Andrew C
25-May-08, 16:34
So the Salvation Army is a non-religious body is it?

Unless I am sorely mistaken, it is a Christian organisation whose members will ultimately enjoy the eternal happiness of the righteous, whilst believing in the endless punishment of the wicked. How forgiving of them all.

Was wondering how long it would take. The distinction I was making was between all the stuff that people build up around God (such as war-mongering, religious hatred and cold religious systems that are much more than about man than they are about God) and not the worship of and belief in God itself. We don't need all these religious hoops to come to God.

Membership of The Salvation Army doesn't earn you heaven, neither does membership of any other church, institution or organisation. The belief you mention doesn't suggest this. The bible teaches that salvation is found in Jesus alone.

Religion says that you have to 'do' to inherit eternal life. The Christian faith says that everything has been done by Jesus for our salvation...we access that by repentance and faith in Him.

This is why I'm for the abolition of religion. As you say, it is not fair that only religious people should get to enjoy eternal life. The truth is that its not the case....everyone who has faith in God through Jesus can have eternal life. Unfortunately, we're not often great at grasping this distinction.

And yes, The Salvation Army should disappear too if it ever tells anyone that you have to jump through its hoops to get to heaven.

So, in that sense, the Salvation Army is a non-religious body - we are, however, a group of people who live out our faith in God together.

;)

Jeid
25-May-08, 18:55
Have to say I'm with Metalattakk. Religion... it's all a load of crap anyway.

Ricco
26-May-08, 07:40
I have decided on a second 'undo' - tobacco. They should have sunk Raleigh as sson as he appeared on the horizon. I always suspected that the Victorians were a bunch of junkies. Who else would spend the best part of a century dressed up as a Goth?