PDA

View Full Version : finished uni after 7 years

katielou
22-May-08, 10:16
hi everyone i joined the org last week finally!

thought id share (my first proper thread) that im handing my final piece of coursework in today and finishing uni after 7 years. its quite a big moment for me and ive got a few mixed emotions feel like i have my freedom back so i feel quite excited :D but also feel a bit like.. what im i going to do now with all this free time and its going to be strange not having essays and reports to write every night, sad i know! :roll: the last 2 years ive been working full time whilst going to uni part time so it has been a bit of a nightmare! ive also been wondering how different things might have been if i never went and wat i would be doing now

has anyone else been in the same situ or similar?

veekay
22-May-08, 10:33
Congratulations. Hope you don't have too bad a headache!!

tisme
22-May-08, 11:52
congratulations to you! I am away to start a 3 year Master Degree in September, so hopefully I will post a similar thread in May 2011, watch this space:eek:

KEEP_ON_TRUCKIN
22-May-08, 12:13
im almost the same - 4 years undergrad - year off just finishing 2nd year of Msc Distance - only the dissertation to do - been working full time 3 years - hate this time of year soooo much coursework to do on these lovely nights....need to be better organised for dissertation!!!

What have you been studying?

katielou
22-May-08, 13:03
Congratulations. Hope you don't have too bad a headache!!

thank you.. im sure the headache will be alot worse in the morning after celebrating tonight :D

katielou
22-May-08, 13:04
congratulations to you! I am away to start a 3 year Master Degree in September, so hopefully I will post a similar thread in May 2011, watch this space:eek:

good luck :D and im sure you will be posting a similar thread in 2011! what are you studying?

katielou
22-May-08, 13:14
im almost the same - 4 years undergrad - year off just finishing 2nd year of Msc Distance - only the dissertation to do - been working full time 3 years - hate this time of year soooo much coursework to do on these lovely nights....need to be better organised for dissertation!!!

What have you been studying?

hey we are very similar i went to college for a year (did an HNC - dropped out of school with 1 higher.. i was a bit of a pain in my younger days - putting that lightly :lol:) then straight to uni to study my undergrad in sociology for 4 years - the uni then gave me a job when i graduated and now ive just finished my MSc in human resource management - studying whilst working is a nightmare! actually techically because i work for the uni i still havent escaped then! :lol:

completely sympathise with you on being stuck in on a nice night doing coursework.. not long now though.. what have you been studying?..

and good luck with the dissertation! :)

ashaw1
22-May-08, 16:46
Congratulations! Takes real dedication to stick to anything out that long! Suppose you will need to find something else to do with all that spare time!

percy toboggan
22-May-08, 20:14
hi everyone i joined the org last week finally!

thought id share (my first proper thread) that im handing my final piece of coursework in today and finishing uni after 7 years. its quite a big moment for me and ive got a few mixed emotions feel like i have my freedom back so i feel quite excited :D but also feel a bit like.. what im i going to do now with all this free time and its going to be strange not having essays and reports to write every night, sad i know! :roll: the last 2 years ive been working full time whilst going to uni part time so it has been a bit of a nightmare! ive also been wondering how different things might have been if i never went and wat i would be doing now

has anyone else been in the same situ or similar?

Seven years?:eek:
I'm saying absolutely nowt!
Apart from 'welcome' to the .org..and...
what would you be doing now if you hadn't been at University for seven years?
How different would things have been?

(just realised I've said quite a bit)

KEEP_ON_TRUCKIN
22-May-08, 20:24
hey we are very similar i went to college for a year (did an HNC - dropped out of school with 1 higher.. i was a bit of a pain in my younger days - putting that lightly :lol:) then straight to uni to study my undergrad in sociology for 4 years - the uni then gave me a job when i graduated and now ive just finished my MSc in human resource management - studying whilst working is a nightmare! actually techically because i work for the uni i still havent escaped then! :lol:

completely sympathise with you on being stuck in on a nice night doing coursework.. not long now though.. what have you been studying?..

and good luck with the dissertation! :)

haha more similar than you think actually - jacked up 5th year at wick high - got B C and FAIL and dropped 2 subjects.... cleared off to Aberdeen for a YEAR - got my highers....decided to stay at Aberdeen and did a Business STudies degree at RGU, worked at Thainstone Mart - Started Msc is Agribusiness then shipped up to Dingwall Mart now home THANKFULLY at long last and wrking at Dounreay managing to apply my degree at last!!!

no sure what good the Msc will be (if I pass haha)!!!

Would like to do Equestrian course at college full time - improve my riding and work with horses / business ......... got heavy goods licence too - maybe horse transport - don't know!!!

too many options - so indecisive......big risk taker in foolish things not to much of a strategic gambler though!! if there's such a thing!!