PDA

View Full Version : Fish Shop Wick

BIG A
22-May-08, 09:34
Looks like this is to CLOSE also as there is a planning application been put in to Change it to a FISH & CHIP/PIZZA SHOP TAKEAWAY.AT 103 High Street Wick
Surely there are more than enough of them in High Street/Bridge Street now 3 Chinese/4 Cafes/2 Chip Shops.
If it is not eating places it is Charity Shops sad to see Wick go this way a lot of the blame can be put at the door of the Council and the way they have managed the High Street there was ever any need to Close it and the market Square to Traffic.:mad:

TBH
22-May-08, 09:47
Looks like this is to CLOSE also as there is a planning application been put in to Change it to a FISH & CHIP/PIZZA SHOP TAKEAWAY.
Surely there are more than enough of them in High Street/Bridge Street now 3 Chinese/4 Cafes/2 Chip Shops.
If it is not eating places it is Charity Shops sad to see Wick go this way a lot of the blame can be put at the door of the Council and the way they have managed the High Street there was ever any need to Close it and the market Square to Traffic.:mad:It's about every little town being a clone of the other. High street precincts with nothing but takeaways, cafes and charity shops. Superstores and others on the outskirts of town. If you are not fit to walk that far then you have to take a taxi costing you more money.

tisme
22-May-08, 11:58
Close the Market square to traffic!! That's a joke, Wick is the only place I have ever been where a 'pedestrian only' street has cars going through it, still would expect no less.[lol]

Average
22-May-08, 12:32
Surely the people of Wick are partly to blame. If the shop was profitable it probably wouldnt have closed. Also there must be a demand for all these food outlets and charity shops or they wouldnt open.

At Lassagie
22-May-08, 12:51
Start now by showing your support for the town centres EVERYWHERE - stop using these out of town retail parks and take a shopping bag with you and go to the bakers, the butchers, the fish shop, the paper shop, the post office, etc.etc before its too late and there is no choice left - we are all becoming clones of TESCO's living everywhere - its our choice - lets not loose it

telfordstar
22-May-08, 14:44
Is it the current owner of the fish shop that has put in the application for this or is it a case of another shop is closing to be replaced?

gem1982
22-May-08, 15:12
well the application submitted is in the name of the current owner but there has been a few rumours for weeks that the place was sold so only time will tell I guess

sweep
22-May-08, 15:16
well can't say that i'm that surprised. that shop never seemed to be open on time in the morning -i'm an early shopper! one morning i met the lady reclosing it at 9.40am because she had to run for a message up the street. that's not very professional for a shopkeeper.

MadPict
22-May-08, 16:29
Never had deep fried pizza - sounds tasty...

AfternoonDelight
22-May-08, 16:33
It'll be handy when people leave the Blackstairs. ;)

BIG A
22-May-08, 16:37

Why would it be Handy this shop is on HIGH STREET not near the Black Stairs.

ashaw1
22-May-08, 16:43
It's not the Blackstairs fish shop that's closing it's the other one.

NLP
22-May-08, 16:49

Care to explain this one.

Tighsonas4
22-May-08, 21:40
what are the people going to be leaving in the blackstairs???? tony

Tighsonas4
22-May-08, 21:45
Close the Market square to traffic!! That's a joke, Wick is the only place I have ever been where a 'pedestrian only' street has cars going through it, still would expect no less.[lol]
the market would be out for me if i couldnt get my car in the square
the trouble is cars with no stickers using it as a short cut tony

ashaw1
22-May-08, 21:57
what are the people going to be leaving in the blackstairs???? tony
Think there was a slight misunderstanding here as to which fish shop was closing. Meaning if it was the Blackstairs fish shop that was to be turned into a takeaway it would be within stumbling distance of the Blackstairs pub.

Geo
22-May-08, 22:29
Do you mean the fish shop in the precinct? I didn't know it was open to be honest. Any time I went buy it looked empty.

Kevin Milkins
22-May-08, 22:31
I have just heard that the owner of the fish shop has decided not to close after all as it is too complicated.lol:confused

BIG A
22-May-08, 22:40
I have just heard that the owner of the fish shop has decided not to close after all as it is too complicated.lol:confused
Strange he only put in for planning this week!

Kevin Milkins
22-May-08, 22:46
Strange he only put in for planning this week!
This thread gets stranger by the second. My bit of jest was in reply to all the confusion as to what shop is closing.
It would be good if sombody in the know puts us all right as to the correct shop.

BIG A
22-May-08, 22:54
This thread gets stranger by the second. My bit of jest was in reply to all the confusion as to what shop is closing.
It would be good if sombody in the know puts us all right as to the correct shop.
It was plain to most people that it was the one in high street that was to close.
Perhaps if you stuck to Fact not Fiction there would not be so many confused threads on here

Kevin Milkins
22-May-08, 23:09
It was plain to most people that it was the one in high street that was to close.
Perhaps if you stuck to Fact not Fiction there would not be so many confused threads on here

Yet another with a sense of humor bypass

jf1
23-May-08, 01:15
It is the shop in the High Street, Ocean Traders that is reportedly closing - if it does only time shall tell.

The Blackstairs Fish Shop is still very much open for business.

joxville
23-May-08, 02:04
Never had deep fried pizza - sounds tasty...

You've never lived:D

Unhealthy I know but it taste's soooooooo good. I always have one when I go back up to Scotland.

joxville
23-May-08, 02:11

Good one lol:D
I tried giving you good rep for it but it says I must spread it around.

Psst everyone, Kevin has good rep, pass it on.:D

balto
23-May-08, 13:15
Start now by showing your support for the town centres EVERYWHERE - stop using these out of town retail parks and take a shopping bag with you and go to the bakers, the butchers, the fish shop, the paper shop, the post office, etc.etc before its too late and there is no choice left - we are all becoming clones of TESCO's living everywhere - its our choice - lets not loose it
totally agree with this, wick centre, used to be such a busy place, now with every shop closing, how can anyone say that this has nothing to do with tesco is crazy.

2little2late
23-May-08, 23:37
Today's Groat, there is a planning application to change it from a fish shop to a chippy/ pizza shop.