PDA

View Full Version : Wii fit

Dreamweaver
22-May-08, 09:13
Hi guys, tell me - with this Wii fit thingy, do you have to have the console and stuff (which is about £300 isn't it) or do you just need the board??

donnasmithy27
22-May-08, 09:16
Dreamweaver, you do need the wii console to use it , their about £180, then £70 for the wii fit, its worth getting them as its good crack :)
Donna

rfr10
22-May-08, 09:37
Wii Fit looks brilliant! It costs £69.99 which seems like a huge price to pay but you get the Wii board with it and a standard Wii game costs £39.99 making the Wii board £30 which isn't bad.

You can work on balance, yoga, muscle training, it will tell you your weight, bmi and lots of other things. It's a good way of keeping fit without having to leave your home.

Check http://www.nintendo.com/wiifit/launch/ for more information.

girnigoe
23-May-08, 09:27
Ah its all good but the thing is where do you get one of them. They are like hens teeth at the moment :mad:

Kevin Milkins
23-May-08, 11:24
I am not a gadget person and most things I buy have to prove that they represent value for money.
The Wii does that with a lot to spare.

TBH
23-May-08, 13:34
It's a good way of keeping fit without having to leave your home.
Why would you not want to leave your house to get fit? Is there something wrong with going a walk, going out getting some sun and fresh air instead of ending up with the complexion of an albino.

bish667
23-May-08, 14:08
Why would you not want to leave your house to get fit? Is there something wrong with going a walk, going out getting some sun and fresh air instead of ending up with the complexion of an albino.

Saves going out when the weather is crap, which is most of the time :D

rfr10
23-May-08, 14:34
Saves going out when the weather is crap, which is most of the time :D

Or if you're one of those people who don't go out and instead, stay at home, playing computer games. At least they're getting exercise some way.

northener
23-May-08, 16:22
Hi guys, tell me - with this Wii fit thingy, do you have to have the console and stuff (which is about £300 isn't it) or do you just need the board??

Nah, just the empty box.

Stick a few bricks in, then do presses, curls, sit-ups etc.

Finish up with a nice run around the block whilst carrying it.

Once you've done that you could wear the box on your head or make a den out of it.

Kevin Milkins
23-May-08, 16:26
I walk on Reiss beech most every day and both myself and wife enjoy the outdoor life and the fresh air.
The Wii fitness boared is not going to stop us doing anything outdoor ,but the fitness programe is well designed to meet all requierments of many different types of people.
It also monitors and access improvments in fitness level and weight loss.
The Wii will not replace the outdoor life ,but will bring the Gym to your living room along with your own personel trainer. Dont knock it till you try it.

northener
23-May-08, 16:41
I walk on Reiss beech most every day and both myself and wife enjoy the outdoor life and the fresh air.
The Wii fitness boared is not going to stop us doing anything outdoor ,but the fitness programe is well designed to meet all requierments of many different types of people.
It also monitors and access improvments in fitness level and weight loss.
The Wii will not replace the outdoor life ,but will bring the Gym to your living room along with your own personel trainer. Dont knock it till you try it.

I'm sure it will help some people get fitter.

Unfortunately I have a very cynical view of the latest wonderful bit of equipment that is meant to get everyone fit. The past 30 years have been littered with gadgets and gizmos that everyone has rushed out to buy and then slung in a cupboard under the stairs after 2 months.

Maybe this bit of kit is different, it certainly seems to be all-encompassing but I'll be very suprised if it makes any real difference to the nation's health.

I'd say that the one decent development/fad/toy that will help kids get fit (and that you can buy from the shop) is the trampolines that are 'springing' up everywhere. The kids around here spend hours hammering up and down on them!

Dreamweaver
24-May-08, 17:38
Oh dear.. you only have to ask a simple question on here to get bombarded by the nutters ...... thanks for the sensible answers folks.

kas
24-May-08, 20:28
Ah its all good but the thing is where do you get one of them. They are like hens teeth at the moment :mad:

Keep checking this site and you will find out when it is in stock on any of the advertised sites. I got one after checking this site each day for a week. Beware some companies are trying to profit from the shortage, but the site tells you the price.

http://www.wiipreorder.co.uk/Wii-Fit.aspx?gclid=CLvpltmpoZMCFQohuwodwR8rtQ

The best console game ever if you ask me.

JamesMcVean
25-May-08, 07:39
I got ours from woolies a couple of weeks ago...It is really quite an amazing gadget...and fun too...not all the exercises are done on the board either...Jogging is done with the normal wii controller in your hand!! It is kind of a reward system too, as you compete in different events, this unlocks more content - the hula hoops are really funny - I managed over 200 in the allotted time LOL

northener
25-May-08, 13:28
Oh dear.. you only have to ask a simple question on here to get bombarded by the nutters ...... thanks for the sensible answers folks.

Seems like a natural progression to discuss whether it's a health benefit or not, but, if that makes me a nutter...mea culpa.:D