PDA

View Full Version : Who updates ... who can I message?

newpark
21-May-08, 19:37
My cousin is currently looking for a rental property. She has called many of the people advertising on the orgs Property to Let section only to be greeted with annoyance that Caithness.org has not removed their property after many requests to do so. This is embarassing for my cousin and annoying for the people who have already rented out their homes. Please will someone update and remove all houses now rented or send me the name of whom I can contact to request this.
Just had a look myself and there are loads of duplicate listings too.

Metalattakk
22-May-08, 02:02
It's not up to 'Caithness.org' to remove the adverts, it's up to the people who post the advert to let 'Caithness.org' know that their property is taken. Divert your ire in their direction.

ashaw1
22-May-08, 07:45
It's not up to 'Caithness.org' to remove the adverts, it's up to the people who post the advert to let 'Caithness.org' know that their property is taken. Divert your ire in their direction.
It does actually state in the original post that these people have already asked for their adverts to be removed. I had exactly the same problem when we were looking for a house to rent in Wick over a year ago. I would probably drop a wee note to Niall Fernie.

newpark
22-May-08, 07:47

As stated clearly in my original post, these people have said that they have requested on many occassions for the posts to be removed.

Mik.M.
22-May-08, 08:37
I sent several requests to have our house removed from the for sale section after we moved in. Finally got removed when I phoned Mrs Fernie!:lol:

Torvaig
22-May-08, 10:29
See, it takes a woman to get things done! ;)
Sorry Bill, only joking, grovel, grovel, grovel.....:lol:

Metalattakk
22-May-08, 10:38
As stated clearly in my original post, these people have said that they have requested on many occassions for the posts to be removed.

It does actually state in the original post that these people have already asked for their adverts to be removed.

Apologies, I was under the impression that this was a basic self-administered forum-style advertising arrangement, rather than the clumsily-arranged medium that it seems to be.

YummyMummy
22-May-08, 10:59
Me too!

I rented my property within days of posting and despite several requests to remove it, it's still there months later.

I feel really sorry for the people still making contact with me about this and a little embarrassed too that it hasn't been removed after all this time.

I thought I was missing something - and that I could remove it myself: but there's no obvious way to do this.

Pity, as it's such a useful service for those wanting to rent out their properties and those wanting to rent.

Elenna
22-May-08, 14:22
Wouldn't it just be a simple solution for the original poster (person listing the property to let) to post again to the thread 'This property is now let', and close the thread?

That way those looking would know the property was no longer available, the owner wouldn't be getting inquiries forever, and the Org admin could see quite easily which threads needed removing.

This would work nicely for the Items for Sale sections, too.

22-May-08, 15:33
Apologies for the delay in responding to this thread and thanks for bringing this issue to our attention. Please be assured that the information regarding the changing status of the properties has been forwarded to the site admin who is responsible for maintaining the main page of CCWS.

Torvaig
22-May-08, 17:51
Wouldn't it just be a simple solution for the original poster (person listing the property to let) to post again to the thread 'This property is now let', and close the thread?

That way those looking would know the property was no longer available, the owner wouldn't be getting inquiries forever, and the Org admin could see quite easily which threads needed removing.

This would work nicely for the Items for Sale sections, too.

There is no thread; the link leads to a separate section on which houses for sale and rent are posted. You can post the details of your property but you cannot edit or remove them; it requires admin to do same.

Let's hope that future policy will allow us to edit or remove our adverts...

In the "goods for sale" section you can close your own thread just as you can on the ordinary postings.

Elenna
22-May-08, 18:25
There is no thread; the link leads to a separate section on which houses for sale and rent are posted. You can post the details of your property but you cannot edit or remove them; it requires admin to do same.

Let's hope that future policy will allow us to edit or remove our adverts...

In the "goods for sale" section you can close your own thread just as you can on the ordinary postings.

Ah, I see. My error.

I hope that something more workable can be sorted for the future, then, for everyone concerned.

souperman
23-Jun-08, 18:42
Apologies for the delay in responding to this thread and thanks for bringing this issue to our attention. Please be assured that the information regarding the changing status of the properties has been forwarded to the site admin who is responsible for maintaining the main page of CCWS.

Could we please have the address/link of someone to contact to ensure this is carried out, could be wrong but not much seems to be changing on the property for sale/rent sections, thanks in advance.

Colin Manson
23-Jun-08, 19:29
I can carry out the task for the moment.

Just drop me an email or PM and I'll remove the ad. Please State the Title and CBIRP or CBISP Ref. Thanks

Email is just colin and the usual domain @caithness.org

EDIT

It would be nice if you could email me from the address quoted in the advert, or if that isn't possible I may have to email/call for confirmation.

p.s. I do plan to write a small application to allow a more flexible form of advertising but it'll be a while before I complete it.