PDA

View Full Version : Ormlie Pre School Closure

Katy
21-May-08, 10:03
I am glad to see the Ormlie Pre School has made front page of the courier today.

I think this is so sad that this playschool is facing closure due to numbers.

My 3yr old goes there at present and loves it, the playleaders are excellent. If I had known that I could have enrolled my daughter for another year I would seriously considered it, but I wasn't aware that they could take them until the other day due to this 3yr & 4yr olds combined.

I personally am not sure how it will work for the classes being combined as the ability for a 2yrs 9months and a over 4yr old is VERY different!

I was looking forward to enrolling my other daughter there once she reaches age as well as taking her to the Mother & Toddlers group which gets her familiar with the surroundings and playleaders.

How does everyone else feel about this and what else can we do to help save our playschool??

Katy x

edayhouse
21-May-08, 11:08
Hi
Well i have not long started going to the mother and toddler groups that are run there but i have got to say that they are excellent, great facilities, Julie one of the playleaders is really good with the children and it really does have a brilliant overall feel about the place. I cannot believe that they are closing the nursery down - i would have thought that they would have got the 15/16 children needed to go there easily. I was planning on enrolling my yougest child there starting in January time but no more!
Its such a shame

poppett
21-May-08, 15:12
Surely we need more playschool and preschool places in the County, not less? Get cracking with a petition folks and get the Councillors backed into a corner and get some answers.

mums angels
21-May-08, 15:46
The decision to close the centre was apparently made before current numbers were considered so i don't think a petition would help , when it first started my daughter was in the first year and she loved it , things didn't quite work out when i put my second son so i removed him and placed him else where , however i use the mother and toddler sessions and my son loves it there but have registered him else where due to ease with schools ,they have good facilaties and friendly staff and i do hope that the centre will still be available for Toddler's and all the best to the staff .

Katy
30-May-08, 18:52
Totally gutted to be told today that it has been confirmed the playschool is going to close down.
It is such a shame and after seeing a really good letter in the Groat today about how excellent the playschool is.
I wish all the luck to Julie & Jane for the future and fingers crossed it maybe realised they do actually need the playschool and it will re-open.
Katy x