PDA

View Full Version : missing members on the org

silverfox57
20-May-08, 21:18
sticking my neck out here,where as all the org members gone,have missed a lot over last few mths,sad to see member cancelling membership[disgust] is it me or does other members think the same,

Kenn
20-May-08, 21:28
Funny you should say that, i went through the members list the other night just to see who was still registered and was pleasantly surpised.
I blame the long summer evenings, they're all too busy enjoying themselves.

fingalmacool
20-May-08, 23:46
Personally i think a lot of orgers get frustrated with the big brother attitude of the org with users putting over their opinions, the powers that be get the wind up in fear of others taking the hump and going down the legal route, so they censor the blog and the orgers get hacked off and leave because there is no freedom of speech if someone has to pick up the bill. So where does that leave us, in a nutshell, in a nanny state. Its not the case of slagging some dude, or biz off it's your experience of what happened when you used the service or whatever, and if you had a bad experience then you should be able to let others know, enough said??????

Bill Fernie
21-May-08, 02:09
It may (or may not be) of interest that the forum continues to increase the numbers of visitors and members. Over the past year record number of visitors have taken a look at the forum. In the past 12 month 2.2 million visitors have turned over 19.5 million pages in the forum alone.

The daily average visitor rate in April was 9818 and the daily page view rate was 69,676.

Most years the numbers reduce as the summer come on but explode in July and August as the gala photos go on. They then tail off until winter sets in with a big rise around Christmas and New Year - probably due to folk having time off for the holidays.

Year on year for the past 10 years the numbers have always continued to rise and we see no sign as yet of this trend stopping. This is probably reflected in web sites all over as more folk are still getting there first computer.

Other parts of the web site such as the sections linked from the front page are still much higher in numbers than the forum although it is catching up. The Business Index also shows significant increases each year.

Kevin Milkins
21-May-08, 02:10
In the short time I have been a member I have noticed that people come and go.
some people I like to interact with and some I give a wide berth.
It seems that how things are in life though Silver fox ,so dont you be going anywere soon.:D

darkie@dreamtilt.com.au
21-May-08, 06:12
It seems that how things are in life though Silver fox ,so dont you be going anywere soon.:D
I try and visit every day,its my way of keeping up with the home towns goings on,if I dont show up for a while I'm probibly dead realy be down under then,think I'll keep visiting and give the other a miss.

anneoctober
21-May-08, 19:26
Personally i think a lot of orgers get frustrated with the big brother attitude of the org with users putting over their opinions, the powers that be get the wind up in fear of others taking the hump and going down the legal route, so they censor the blog and the orgers get hacked off and leave because there is no freedom of speech if someone has to pick up the bill. So where does that leave us, in a nutshell, in a nanny state. Its not the case of slagging some dude, or biz off it's your experience of what happened when you used the service or whatever, and if you had a bad experience then you should be able to let others know, enough said??????
My former buddies have left due to the same reasons as Fingalmacool has stated above. I've popped in from time to time just to see if there's any light banter going on but NO. The same folks downing others. Humour PLEASE. I'm don't mind being laughed at for stating my opinion.:eek: :lol:

silverfox57
21-May-08, 19:45
thanks kevin ,but am afraid I you lot are stuck with me,:lol:as caithness org is the place to be,

Anne x
21-May-08, 19:56
I wrote a litte Ditty and posted it in the Literature section last month called "where have all the orgers gone " it in itself is a bit outdated with orgers back and fore but what I did enjoy was the response from long term orgers giving explanations in verse to the comings and goings of members and they should know having being around a lot longer

bobandag16
21-May-08, 19:59
thanks kevin ,but am afraid I you lot are stuck with me,:lol:as caithness org is the place to be,
it is where to get the local up date caithness. no need to leave look in when it suits do not have to reply .:)

laguna2
22-May-08, 08:30
I've popped in from time to time just to see if there's any light banter going on but NO. The same folks downing others. Humour PLEASE. I'm don't mind being laughed at for stating my opinion.:eek: :lol:

Same here anneoctober. I miss the fun of the org - don't like the backstabbing.

ciderally
22-May-08, 09:38
yep there is a few missing...thought maybe a couple have came back with new ID's??? it was just a thought....come back you lot we do miss you...

ExoticQueen
25-May-08, 18:35
hello am back never seem too get the time too log on anymore decided today that at least onc a week too have a laugh with you guys so please no one else leave light and peace :D

Ricco
26-May-08, 07:44
I wrote a litte Ditty and posted it in the Literature section last month called "where have all the orgers gone " it in itself is a bit outdated with orgers back and fore but what I did enjoy was the response from long term orgers giving explanations in verse to the comings and goings of members and they should know having being around a lot longer

The other day I wrote a ditty,
Just a little bitty,
Simply a bit o' nonsense,
About Boris Johns(ense),
'cos I think he's an absolute twitty!

justine
26-May-08, 10:57
me back aswell. You cant keep the better orgers down...

Penelope Pitstop
26-May-08, 15:27
Afraid I'm not on as much these days either....it's the good weather given me something else to do :)

Whitewater
26-May-08, 22:34
I come and go depending on what I'm doing. Just pop onto the org for short spells at the moment, and only if I happen to be using the computer for something else. Weather is much too good, bowling season is underway and the fishing is good. Have to take advantage of these things while we can, the summer is just too short.

canuck
27-May-08, 14:39
I'm back home now! Edinburgh looks great and my wonderful neighbour mowed my lawn while I was in Canada. The wedding was fabulous! I have some wonderful photos of the infamous 'hat'.

I can also report that the one remaining member of the Toronto Chapter of the mighty 'Org' is looking great and in good spirit, but pretty much focussed these days on a busy work schedule. I am sure that we will hear more from rich once things slow down at his office.

scorrie
28-May-08, 23:10
I am sure that we will hear more from rich once things slow down at his office.

Mmm, judging by recent input, I think that will hamper, rather than help the org. Not my cup of Nitric Acid anyway!!