PDA

View Full Version : Isn't this weather just marvellous?

SunnyChick
20-May-08, 20:36
Don't want to tempt fate... but this weather is just the ticket and what we were all needing!

I am currently enjoying a glass of wine, out on the patio with the sun slowly setting in the background. I have pork and apple burgers from Castletown butchers and caithness.org on my laptop whilst I listen to the backdrop of spring lambs chuckling among themselves and am keeping the midges at bay with my patio heater.

Kids are in bed. Oh.... it doesn't get much better than this on a random week night in Caithness!

How is everyone else taking advantage of the lovely weather?

Kxx

joxville
20-May-08, 20:49
I'm in the Cote d'Azur in the South of France, stretched out on the top deck of my friends 70ft cruiser. Liz Hurley is giving me a massage as Katie Melua sings to me and Gemma Atkinson is pouring me another glass of Moet et Chandon. Life doesn't get better than this.:D

silverfox57
20-May-08, 20:55
I'm in the Cote d'Azur in the South of France, stretched out on the top deck of my friends 70ft cruiser. Liz Hurley is giving me a massage as Katie Melua sings to me and Gemma Atkinson is pouring me another glass of Moet et Chandon. Life doesn't get better than this.:D
wake up your your just dreaming:lol:

Oddquine
20-May-08, 21:08
Gardening and gardening and gardening.

I moved here to fnd a garden completely neglected for five years or more...........so am desperately removing weeds daily, in the hope that come autumn, I might be able to do some planting.

NLP
20-May-08, 21:16
We are going to the park every day and lots of weeding (in the garden) little one helped yesterday now minus flower heads

joxville
20-May-08, 21:30
"Yawn.......stretch" Oooh that was a good sleep. Think I'll go on the .org and see what's happening.

Tilter
20-May-08, 22:28
Yep lovely weather. I actually would like to see a spot of rain for the garden. No don't shout at me - I only want it to rain at night so it wouldn't upset fellow orgers.

sweetpea
20-May-08, 23:01
I remember taking a week's holiday in May every year from about 97-01. May can be a really good month to take a break and go outside :)

domino
20-May-08, 23:04
Like waching all the birds. They seem to to be in some kind of frenzy. I do not know whether it is the nice weather or they are attending to theor offspring but it makes great watching

sweetpea
20-May-08, 23:09
Yes I know what you mean. I've gone part time for the summer for that very reason:lol:

joxville
20-May-08, 23:14
I remember taking a week's holiday in May every year from about 97-01. May can be a really good month to take a break and go outside :)

I moved to Thurso on 5/5/91 and noticed almost every year until I left in Feb 02 that first week in May was great weather. However I dont' miss that Caithness wind:D

sweetpea
20-May-08, 23:24
My first year was 91 as well but never escaped like you:lol: but yes May is the best month.

Kevin Milkins
20-May-08, 23:36
The sunshine is great,but still a nip in the north east wind. I have laid a bit of turf and its cracking ,so a bit of rain would not go a miss at night.
The spring crops of weat looks great and the lambs could not of hoped for a better start to life.:)

joxville
20-May-08, 23:37
My first year was 91 as well but never escaped like you:lol: but yes May is the best month.

I wouldn't say escaped however I must admit I do miss the place a lot. I try to get up to Thurso at least once a year.

SunnyChick
21-May-08, 08:33
We are going to the park every day and lots of weeding (in the garden) little one helped yesterday now minus flower heads

That made me laugh. Daffodils were about the only flowers we had in the garden this Spring and my wee lassie thoroughly enjoyed pulling the heads off all of them! It wouldn't have been so bad if she'd pulled enough of a length from the stem so that I could put them in a vase, but ooooh no, they were about 2cm in length .... just enough for her to clutch them in her tiny hand like a bouquet.:)

Mister Squiggle
21-May-08, 08:47
Being an Eric Olthwaite (for those of you who remember Ripping Yarns), I am keeping a record of how many nice sunny days we have, so that when people start hand-wringing and morosely griping in November/December about the weather up here (ie "We never had a summer this year", "We missed out on a summer entirely in 2008" etc etc) I can whip out my little score sheet and contradict 'em!
I actually think May/June are brilliant months in Caithness. Mind you, with such a long sunny spell, I've started to hear a bit of whinging about "Oh, well, the grounds so dry, we could do with some rain...." I'll be reminding them of that in mid-January. ;)

Mik.M.
21-May-08, 08:53
Being an Eric Olthwaite (for those of you who remember Ripping Yarns), I am keeping a record of how many nice sunny days we have, so that when people start hand-wringing and morosely griping in November/December about the weather up here (ie "We never had a summer this year", "We missed out on a summer entirely in 2008" etc etc) I can whip out my little score sheet and contradict 'em!
I actually think May/June are brilliant months in Caithness. Mind you, with such a long sunny spell, I've started to hear a bit of whinging about "Oh, well, the grounds so dry, we could do with some rain...." I'll be reminding them of that in mid-January. ;)Good for you Mr Squiggle,bet it doesn`t stop the whinging doom mongers though.:lol:

cazmanian_minx
21-May-08, 09:25
I'll tell you exactly when the weather's going to break - June 2nd, because that's the day we move up :lol:

Cattach
21-May-08, 10:02

What a poor soul you are if that's your idea of pleasure and if that impresses you!!

Cattach
21-May-08, 10:04
I moved to Thurso on 5/5/91 and noticed almost every year until I left in Feb 02 that first week in May was great weather. However I dont' miss that Caithness wind:D

It is no probelem if you take Rennies or Eindeze - work a treat!

Anji
21-May-08, 10:31
I'll tell you exactly when the weather's going to break - June 2nd, because that's the day we move up :lol:

We moved up on May 30th last year, and the weather was awful. The rain was coming sideways. All our furniture got soaked between removal van and house. I think it rained the following day as well and then the good weather returned for a few weeks.

raymac
21-May-08, 13:12
Don't remeber few good weeks last year are you sure it was caithness you moved to.:confused

Anji
21-May-08, 13:18
Don't remeber few good weeks last year are you sure it was caithness you moved to.:confused
Yes, I'm definitely here! I remember the good weather after we moved in (must have been the first fortnight in June) because I was stuck indoors for a fortnight unpacking and decorating. The minute I started on the gardening, the weather changed.

upolian
21-May-08, 13:32
the weather is definately good :)

bobandag16
21-May-08, 13:54
caithness has its own weather the wind is only acool breeze. for 40 years in thurso each day is

great enjoy your move up you will not wish to leave good luck:)

cazmanian_minx
21-May-08, 16:23
caithness has its own weather the wind is only acool breeze. for 40 years in thurso each day is

great enjoy your move up you will not wish to leave good luck:)

Thank you :) The intention is to spend the rest of our days in the house we've bought, we love it so much!

joxville
21-May-08, 16:28

Lucky you caz., I wish I could move up too:(