PDA

View Full Version : What is your favourite non-alcoholic fizzy drink?

Rheghead
24-Nov-05, 12:26
This thread will drive some folks crazy but there are similar threads on other foodstuffs , I am just curious to know what folks think on this.

My favorite is Dandelion and Burdoch, it is far superior to Coke. I used to love a fizzy drink called Sass [aka] sassperilla which is D&B on steroids but it is impossible to get now.

I kinda like Irn Bru but my second favorite is Ginger beer.

What do you like?

Fluff
24-Nov-05, 13:45
for me it is Cream soda and or lemonade. Barrs cream soda is the best but tesco's is good too.
Strathmore flavoured water is so good too, but i cant buy that down here :(

wicker
24-Nov-05, 13:54
Bring back cremola (probably spelt that wrong) foam it was magic

lassieinfife
24-Nov-05, 14:09
Has to be diet irn bru ...........mmmmmmmmmmmmmm:)

unicorn
24-Nov-05, 14:16
Irn-bru for me!! funny cremola foam should be mentioned cos I just thought of it the other day and thought the same thing... I used to love eating it off a spoon and foaming at the mouth.. mum didnt like it so much though lol

champagnebaby
24-Nov-05, 15:34
Lucozade is my fave fizzy drink! Only good when it's chilled though. :rolleyes:

johndy
24-Nov-05, 15:37
Lidls cloudy lemonade, which has been chilled, is lovely

The Pepsi Challenge
24-Nov-05, 15:50
Mountain Dew. Highest caffeine count in the world. Braw!

Naefearjustbeer
24-Nov-05, 15:56
irn bru for me :D

neepnipper
24-Nov-05, 15:57
Orangina or Appletise for me, not too sweet or gassy.

rfr10
24-Nov-05, 16:49
cocoa cola for me!

Rubha_an_Tuir
24-Nov-05, 16:58
Has to be a bottle of "Ginger" with a Haggis Supper on the way home from the pub.

squidge
24-Nov-05, 17:01
My favorite is Dandelion and Burdoch, it is far superior to Coke. I used to love a fizzy drink called Sass [aka] sassperilla which is D&B on steroids but it is impossible to get now.

I kinda like Irn Bru but my second favorite is Ginger beer.

What do you like?

Sheesh Rheghead - we must be twins

I too prefer dandelion and burdock to coke and i like ginger beer more than anything - especially the fiery stuff

mmm

RandomHero
24-Nov-05, 17:06
Irn Bru is the best. DIET Irn Bru shud b illegal. it's awful!

scotsboy
24-Nov-05, 17:25
Irn Bru

Out here I drink Mirinda Citrus.....which is a bit like Fanta Citrus.

jings00
24-Nov-05, 17:35
dandelion and burdock, cream soda and yon d&g hot ginger beer, all chilled preferably!! slurp!

Alice in Blunderland
24-Nov-05, 17:41
Was there more than one flavour of cremola foam.

jings00
24-Nov-05, 17:50
aye, wis there no orange, rasberry (or wis it strawberry) and a lemon one as well???

lassieinfife
24-Nov-05, 18:05
Irn Bru is the best. DIET Irn Bru shud b illegal. it's awful!

you try drinking anything but diet when u are diabetic ........ talk about flying without wings.............. its pure sugar lol

Whitewater
24-Nov-05, 20:46
Good old fashioned Ginger Beer. Grrreeeeeaat

Sporran
24-Nov-05, 20:58
Irn-bru for me!! funny cremola foam should be mentioned cos I just thought of it the other day and thought the same thing... I used to love eating it off a spoon and foaming at the mouth.. mum didnt like it so much though lol

LMAO! We always had Creamola Foam in the house when I was a kid, and I used to like eating it off the spoon too, much to my mum's disapproval as well, lol! It's a shame the drink mix has been discontinued! :(

http://www.theanswerbank.co.uk/Food_and_Drink/Question48665.html

Nowadays my favourite non-alcoholic fizzy drink is Diet Coke, and I especially like the varieties with a touch of lime and vanilla in them.

I love Irn Bru, but can't get it over here in the USA. When I was a kid growing up in Caithness, I used to love the bottled America Cream Soda we had then. It was colourless, but I can't remember who made it. I think it was made in Scotland, though. But the genuine American Cream Soda in the US is a bit too sweet for my liking -- I think it's got too much vanilla in it. It's more of a golden colour too. I also like the spicy Ginger Beer fizzy drink we had in Scotland. It's much better than the Ginger Ale we get over here, which has a milder flavour.

moncur
24-Nov-05, 20:58
No question about it. Irn bru everytime!

Is anyone else ashamed to admit to having owned a soda-stream machine? (get bizzy wi e fizzy and all that rubbish!) that stuff was pure rank!

porshiepoo
24-Nov-05, 21:32
Dandelian and burdoch, cream soda and Britvic 55 orange. Yum yum!

Big G
25-Nov-05, 00:23
My favourite fizzy drink is (well its not actually fizzy) but i like irn bru that is flat! U have 2 shake it and shake it and shake it until it goes all flat and i HATE it frozen cold - nice and warm and flat - lovely! lol

girnigoe
25-Nov-05, 01:12
LMAO! We always had Creamola Foam in the house when I was a kid, and I used to like eating it off the spoon too, much to my mum's disapproval as well, lol! It's a shame the drink mix has been discontinued! :(

http://www.theanswerbank.co.uk/Food_and_Drink/Question48665.html

Nowadays my favourite non-alcoholic fizzy drink is Diet Coke, and I especially like the varieties with a touch of lime and vanilla in them.

I love Irn Bru, but can't get it over here in the USA. When I was a kid growing up in Caithness, I used to love the bottled America Cream Soda we had then. It was colourless, but I can't remember who made it. I think it was made in Scotland, though. But the genuine American Cream Soda in the US is a bit too sweet for my liking -- I think it's got too much vanilla in it. It's more of a golden colour too. I also like the spicy Ginger Beer fizzy drink we had in Scotland. It's much better than the Ginger Ale we get over here, which has a milder flavour.

Was it made by "Bon Accord"?? Mmmm that WAS good?

My favourite used to be their "Bona Cola" but I was only allowed it on special occassions!!!

Does anyone know if Bon Accord are still on the go??

girnigoe
25-Nov-05, 01:13
And as for Diet Coke with Vanilla or Lime!!!

EEEEOOOOWWWWW!!!!! YUCKKKK!!

Sporran
25-Nov-05, 05:29

My favourite used to be their "Bona Cola" but I was only allowed it on special occassions!!!

Yes, that's right, girnigoe, it was Bon Accord! At the back of my mind, I had a feeling it was made by a company in Aberdeen, but I couldn't for the life of me remember the name. Thanks for jogging my memory! :) I liked their Bona Cola too, and they also made a red coloured fizzy drink, but I forget what it was called.

Sporran
25-Nov-05, 05:33
And as for Diet Coke with Vanilla or Lime!!!

EEEEOOOOWWWWW!!!!! YUCKKKK!!

Is it safe to assume you don't like the one with cherry either, lol?

htwood
25-Nov-05, 05:55
Bitter lemon is the bestest. If I canna find it here, I mix indian tonic with Paul Newman's lemonade.
Also love Irn Bru, altho its a bit sweet.
I like sassparilla and birch beer too.

The Pepsi Challenge
25-Nov-05, 11:25
Really miss Cherry Pepsi. And, of course, who forget it Quatro - and "Bottom Joes'" finest - Quencho, courtesy of Bon Accord.

pops
25-Nov-05, 11:45
fanta lemon is my fav fizzy drink! yum!

wicker
25-Nov-05, 12:17
Gotta be liking lilt, sprite, diet irn bru (normal burns my throat) and vimto.

And yes i hang head we had a soda stream maker or whatever it was called back in the day

unicorn
25-Nov-05, 12:36
Wasnt the red stuff called red-cola?? by bon-accord?

Sandra_B
25-Nov-05, 17:27
Irn bru or Idris ginger beer.

sassylass
25-Nov-05, 19:12
orangina mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

erli
25-Nov-05, 20:23

I think they closed in Wick a few years ago, I could be wrong, But I think that Cruickshanks would do all your old favourites.
I know it's boring but my favourite is good old Water.

porshiepoo
25-Nov-05, 20:41
My favourite fizzy drink is (well its not actually fizzy) but i like irn bru that is flat! U have 2 shake it and shake it and shake it until it goes all flat and i HATE it frozen cold - nice and warm and flat - lovely! lol

Put a straw in it and blow, It's quicker and doesn't take the fun aspect away of opening shaken pop cos it sends you all dizzy instead! :D

daviddd
25-Nov-05, 21:48
probably Highland Spring fizzy!

MJB
26-Nov-05, 01:25
I'd have to say Irn-bru, then coke/cream soda/limeade.

paris
26-Nov-05, 18:21
Little old me, well its got to be milk-shake, forget the fizz !

Sporran
27-Nov-05, 02:42
Some of my other favourite fizzy drinks are Bitter Lemon and Fresca. I also like Fanta Lemon -- it reminds me a bit of Bitter Lemon. We often mix Coke or Pepsi with Fanta Orange, and that's a good combination. :) You can mix it half and half, but I prefer three quarters Coke to one quarter Fanta Orange.

I also like fruit flavoured fizzy mineral water, as well as the non-fizzy variety. In fact, that's what I usually drink these days, instead of Diet Coke, etc.

funkiedunkie
29-Nov-05, 17:19
i remember cremola foam, it was the best, brings back childhood memorys but my favourite now is soda water & lime

The Pepsi Challenge
29-Nov-05, 17:39
Does anyone know if Caledonian Clear still exists? Loved the stuff.

George Brims
29-Nov-05, 21:01
Mine has to be Irn Bru.

It's weird how there must be some kind of psychic thing going on here, because I too just recently thought about Cremola Foam for the first time in many years.

Someone mentioned Mountain Dew having the highest caffeine content - actually in the US there's Jolt Cola. It's even higher. A couple of cans of that and a strange buzzing noise starts to come from the middle of my forehead....

hereboy
29-Nov-05, 21:26
Found this on a blog from 2003

AAAAWWHHHH...boo hoo...I wrote to Nestle (as Nestle-Rowntree were the manufacturer) and asked where I could get Creamola Foam as I hadn't seen it in the shops for a while. They replied with the following...

Thank you for your recent enquiry.

We are sorry to inform you that Cremola Foam has
been withdrawn from our range in October 1998
due to the high cost of production and the relatively
low level of sales.

This product was a Nestle UK (Rowntree's) product
and is not available abroad. We hope that this is
not too disappointing a reply and that you appreciate
our position.

Thank you once again for taking the trouble to contact
us.

Consumer Services
Nestle UK Ltd
www.nestle.co.uk
Freephone 0800 00 00 30

engiebenjy
29-Nov-05, 21:44
Raspberry creamola foam used to be the BEST for a hangover! I now have to suffer with lucozade, which doesn't quite hit the spot.

spiggie
30-Nov-05, 00:21
cremola foam was great used to love the orange kind!! I love creme soda but id have to say lemonade wins hands down every time :)

Rheghead
30-Nov-05, 00:51
Mine has to be Irn Bru.

Have you thought of importing it? You could force Cola out of business if the Americans get their mits on it.

Julia
30-Nov-05, 10:50
Don't drink fizzy much but if I do it's bitter lemon, 7 up or Sprite! I prefer a glass of cold tap water any day LOL

mareng
01-Dec-05, 02:19
Found this on a blog from 2003

AAAAWWHHHH...boo hoo...I wrote to Nestle (as Nestle-Rowntree were the manufacturer) and asked where I could get Creamola Foam as I hadn't seen it in the shops for a while. They replied with the following...

Thank you for your recent enquiry.

We are sorry to inform you that Cremola Foam has
been withdrawn from our range in October 1998
due to the high cost of production and the relatively
low level of sales.

This product was a Nestle UK (Rowntree's) product
and is not available abroad. We hope that this is
not too disappointing a reply and that you appreciate
our position.

Thank you once again for taking the trouble to contact
us.

Consumer Services
Nestle UK Ltd
www.nestle.co.uk
Freephone 0800 00 00 30

That's an interesting one. There were stories run (presumably in Daily Record or the likes), I think earlier this year that said that Creamola Foam was withdrawn a long time ago and that no-one retained the formula (I have the feeling that liver salts figured predominantly in it). The story asked anyone who had a tin of it in their kitchen cupboards, to send it for chemical analysis because they were considering starting up production again??

Could have been an urban legend, of course?

Anyone else remember the story?

Chillie
01-Dec-05, 02:28
Surely someone must have an old tin of cremola foam lying around

twee_dledee
01-Dec-05, 02:30
Surely someone must have an old tin of cremola foam lying aroundare you sure you've not got one yu couldnt open anywhere?

Chillie
01-Dec-05, 02:34
Ha Ha

Mareng, i think cream of tartar and bi-carb of soda.