PDA

View Full Version : Homebase Prices and customer service

liz19
19-May-08, 21:15
[evil] Was in Homebase this afternoon to buy new vent covers (for above doors at home) the price advertised for them was £2.45 when they went through checkout it was £3.45 when pointed out to person on checkout he immediately asked someone to check it out for us...reluctantly!!! the other member of staff went away to check...eventually coming back to say that we were indeed right and it did state the items were £2.45 but that it was no longer that price so we would have to pay the higher price - when we said that we should be given it for the price advertised he said absolutely not and they would take it off the shelves for 24hrs then put them back so they could charge the higher price rather than do that!!!! this is not the first time this has happened to me it's just unfortunate I gave them the opportunity to do it again - would definatley NOT recommend Homebase in wick to anyone and will not shop there in future!!! common courtesy wouldn't of gone amiss instead they would rather lose a whole sale as these were not the only items being purchased!!! Anyone else had similar happen to them??

fingalmacool
20-May-08, 17:46
Be very careful complaining about anything on the org or the post will disappear, as i have found out, only positive things allowed i'm afraid so beware.

Oh and by the way isn't everything superb in Caithness at the moment.

liz19
20-May-08, 18:01
surely the org is for us to let each other know what is good and what is not?! I would c the point if lies were being told...hopefully this will stay.

Nope unfortunately everything is not gr8 in caithness at the moment lol we wish

Deemac
20-May-08, 19:49
Be very careful complaining about anything on the org or the post will disappear, as i have found out, only positive things allowed i'm afraid so beware.

Oh and by the way isn't everything superb in Caithness at the moment.

Totally agree!! Quality public debate and opinion is stiffled by the threat of legal action (Don't blame the .Org Moderators though, they are NOT to blame and have my FULL respect):Razz

silverfox57
20-May-08, 20:02
[evil] Was in Homebase this afternoon to buy new vent covers (for above doors at home) the price advertised for them was £2.45 when they went through checkout it was £3.45 when pointed out to person on checkout he immediately asked someone to check it out for us...reluctantly!!! the other member of staff went away to check...eventually coming back to say that we were indeed right and it did state the items were £2.45 but that it was no longer that price so we would have to pay the higher price - when we said that we should be given it for the price advertised he said absolutely not and they would take it off the shelves for 24hrs then put them back so they could charge the higher price rather than do that!!!! this is not the first time this has happened to me it's just unfortunate I gave them the opportunity to do it again - would definatley NOT recommend Homebase in wick to anyone and will not shop there in future!!! common courtesy wouldn't of gone amiss instead they would rather lose a whole sale as these were not the only items being purchased!!! Anyone else had similar happen to them??
have a look on thread on homebase on general:confused

Tighsonas4
20-May-08, 20:27
homebase
i am not quite sure but isnt it against the law to have these goods displayed . shouldnt they be off the shelf before its changed ???? tony

SunnyChick
20-May-08, 20:33
Think they are on dodgy ground if you take the "sold as seen" take on things. I thought they should just give you the lower price as a gesture of good will but apparently not. Write a letter to them... you never know, you might get a voucher or something. Good luck!

Kevin Milkins
21-May-08, 00:02
Surely any member of staff faced with this situation should be able to use a bit of common sense and discretion in these situations.
If a product is priced on the shelf then that should be the price at the till for that product. If its a pricing mistake then sort it out after that customer has been satisfied. We are talking about a pound for a vent not £ 225 for a ride on mower. Good will goes a long way

skinnydog
21-May-08, 17:38
Always quote 2 words in these situations "Head Office" or "Trading Standards".
Ask to see the duty manager and ask him for the chief exec's name and address at head office, that usually gets results or take a photo of the shelf edge price with your phone and tell them that you are going to contact the traiding standards to complain.
The duty manager if he has any sence will give you the item at the advertised price as it will be a lot less hassle for him than a visit from trading standards looking at his price change procedures.

skinnydog
21-May-08, 17:40
Surely any member of staff faced with this situation should be able to use a bit of common sense and discretion in these situations.
If a product is priced on the shelf then that should be the price at the till for that product. If its a pricing mistake then sort it out after that customer has been satisfied. We are talking about a pound for a vent not £ 225 for a ride on mower. Good will goes a long way

Tell me where you can get a ride on mower for £225.
I'll have one

sprint95m
21-May-08, 23:24
You have described may be "bait advertising"?
BERR, The Department for Business Enterprise & Regulatory Reform are introducing new laws on the 26th of May (next Monday).
Amongst other things, the new measures they are trying to stop bait advertising. These new measures could help clarify your rights as a consumer, although their main intention appears to me to be to help honest traders compete against dishonest traders. Time will tell.

Kevin Milkins
21-May-08, 23:28
Tell me where you can get a ride on mower for £225.
I'll have one

The price for the ride on mower is £1225. It just said £225 on the shelf.lol:lol: