PDA

View Full Version : best cheese burger

pedromcgrory
24-Nov-05, 00:52
try the cafe in castletown ,best around i say,

angela5
25-Nov-05, 00:06
I had one in there the other week yummy!

~~Tides~~
27-Nov-05, 00:23
Portland Arms, best in the county by far. Away wae the rest of your nonsence now.

pedromcgrory
27-Nov-05, 01:05
wotever you say tides ,lol,who cares really wot u say ?i dont

~~Tides~~
27-Nov-05, 15:15
Aww, why dont you care what I say?

sweetheart
28-Nov-05, 05:35
But the croft in melvich's serving a decent burger as well... seems all the
retired british army that have purchased the north hotels and pubs all know
how to serve a good burger if they've not closed for the winter.

I'll try the casletown recommendation...

What i want to know, is the best burger place at 3am, I so wish someone
would open a 24 hour x7 days food joint in thurso.

craggan (melness)

Doleve
28-Nov-05, 15:05
Sizzlers in aberdeen. haf a Coo, a wedge o cheddar, and a lump o pig( the bacon), n relish n salad.Two of those and i canna eat for ages.Maybe thats the alcohol! Ive never tryed them sober, so god knows what they are like then!I think im going to aberdeen cos i have the munchies..mmm

AR
05-Dec-05, 14:31
The cheese burgers are good from elizabeths,or its new name in Wick Sizzlers in Aberdeen are ace too, i was there a couple of weeks ago, it was very tastey when eaten on top of a shed load of lager.

fed-ex
05-Dec-05, 21:40
You must mean the Pitstop. Im sorry but just the name is enough to put me off.......

AR
05-Dec-05, 22:43
Well, they are never open nowadays anyway! Not when i want something to eat that isnt a chinese or a indian in the evenings.Someone could make a good business selling fast food in wick in the evenings I think, if they opened to say 11pm and opened on a Sunday they would probably get my vote.

codex
06-Dec-05, 02:46
i cannae undastand why you folk make yer way to some dodgy food joint for the sake of a burger...in fact people that eat out get on my tiddly bits...Its disgusting what you people eat...For instance i currently work in caithness hotel which in my view serves great food probably the best food one could sample in a caithness hotel....this christmas we are already fully booked meaning im going to have to be working on christmas day... cooking off roasts for all the muppets that have booked themselves a christmas day fest...Id rather be @ home with my family ..id love to swear "here" but i respect that i cannot....i can just imagine serving up turkey then having to attend to the order of some smelly gleeber's cheesey burger.....
How come these muppets arent cooking for themselves anymore..those muppets that have booked on christmas day have clearly lost ''the cooking in your own home'' plot..

fed-ex
06-Dec-05, 09:46
I totaly agree with yu there Techno. The crap some people eat is disgusting. I wouldn't eat a burger if you paid me, unless of course it was homemade with the best of steak mince. The muppets you speak about probably wuoldn,t know how to cook a decent Christmas dinner anyway.
What a pity this thread is hidden away here in recommendations because i would quite like to hear other peoples opinions on this too......
Arn't you glad of the overtime on Christmas day though?.....

wicker
06-Dec-05, 10:27
The pit stop is rotten, glad its rarely open.
As this is best cheeseburger then it has to be harbour cafe as its proper homemade burgers.

Christmas has lost its appeal to folk nowadays so why slave over a cooker all day when you can book somewhere to cook for you and do the dishes aswell.

fed-ex
06-Dec-05, 19:04
Well if I really had to eat a cheeseburger it would be in the portlands....

fed-ex
06-Dec-05, 21:46
The best cheeseburgers ever are the ones you get in Embo Holiday Park

Julia
06-Dec-05, 21:57
The best cheese burger IMHO has to be my own homemade cheese burger!

Best steak mince cooked slowly so they are nice and juicy, loads of fried onion, melted cheese and of course a lashing of good quality relish, all in a nice big bun!

AR
06-Dec-05, 22:23
I usually only eat junk food these days when drunk! I do enjoy good "proper" food, but dont always hav ehours to spend in a restaurant.Im a terrible cook so atempting to cook is a no no!
Ive tryed excellent cuisene in most cities, and locally, when i have the time. One of the best meals ive had in the last few months was in a restaurant in Holyrood in Edinburgh,in The Macdonald Holyrood, it cost about £200 but was worth every penny, melt in the mouth venison was the most memorable part, mmmmm!

fed-ex
06-Dec-05, 23:07
I usually only eat junk food these days when drunk! I do enjoy good "proper" food, but dont always hav ehours to spend in a restaurant.Im a terrible cook so atempting to cook is a no no!
Ive tryed excellent cuisene in most cities, and locally, when i have the time. One of the best meals ive had in the last few months was in a restaurant in Holyrood in Edinburgh,in The Macdonald Holyrood, it cost about £200 but was worth every penny, melt in the mouth venison was the most memorable part, mmmmm!Did you not try their cheeseburgers then?

angela5
06-Dec-05, 23:23
How can anyone eat a cheeseburger out of a fast-food joint beats me.
Disgusting ahh! makes me sick thinking of it.

AR
07-Dec-05, 15:09
Did you not try their cheeseburgers then?
None on the menu! I dont think i would have had 1 anyway, because there was so many other tempting items on the menu.
I was in the portlands once and they had a special on of venison and veal burgers. I never had them but one of our group did and he said it was the best burger he ever had.

stevie080
09-Dec-05, 12:52
If you are after a cheeseburger the best advice i can give is dont goto Sandra's it was awfull drunk or sober I have had them and they were not good

Razz
03-Jan-06, 23:23
I know this subject is a old now, but the best cheeseburger is at the Croft in Melvich, and they are open all year round seven days a week. Just shows that ex british army do know how to run things.

theone
15-Jan-06, 03:22
But the croft in melvich's serving a decent burger as well... seems all the
retired british army that have purchased the north hotels and pubs all know
how to serve a good burger if they've not closed for the winter.

I'll try the casletown recommendation...

What i want to know, is the best burger place at 3am, I so wish someone
would open a 24 hour x7 days food joint in thurso.

craggan (melness)

As I understand it there's more than one establishment in Thurso willing to open later in the night but our backward thinking out of touch councillors have refused it.

There's nothing better than a night out in the city where you make your way home with the kebab/pizza/chipper under your arm. But these are the same councillors who brought in a "drink ban" on the streets on Thurso. Thank goodness the police never payed too much attention to this stupid rule at the Gala! What good does the ban do? I've never seen any trouble caused by people drinking in the street on , for example, Gala night, or when the pipe band is playing. Any trouble caused by drunks can easily be dealt with by current drunk and dissorderly laws.

Thats my rant over at these jobsworths. Sorry it never had much to do with burgers!