PDA

View Full Version : China quake

porshiepoo
19-May-08, 11:11
I know this happened a week ago now but it's still just so tragic and sad.
The images of that young couple searching desperately for their baby girl Jing Jing was heartbreaking. I cannot imagine the complete and utter despair and desperation they and everyone else affected must be feeling.

3 days of mourning just seems so pitiful compared to the years of mourning families will be going through.

My thoughts and prayers go out to everyone that has been affected by this tragedy.:~(

MadPict
19-May-08, 12:10
The imposition by the authorities of restricting families to one child makes this even more tragic - many familes have lost a generation now.
I wonder if this had happened in Beijing would the Chinese government have done more...

...but at least they are trying - unlike the Burmese.

oldmarine
20-May-08, 04:34
I know this happened a week ago now but it's still just so tragic and sad.
The images of that young couple searching desperately for their baby girl Jing Jing was heartbreaking. I cannot imagine the complete and utter despair and desperation they and everyone else affected must be feeling.

3 days of mourning just seems so pitiful compared to the years of mourning families will be going through.

My thoughts and prayers go out to everyone that has been affected by this tragedy.:~(

Yes Porsh it is very sad. I was stationed at Tientsin (Tinjin) China at the end of WW2 Oct-Dec 1945. Everwhere I looked I saw poverty. When I made a return trip in 1992 things looked better and I believe people were happier. Now, as I view photos and scenes on the tele everything looks so sad. I think about those couples who are limited to one child and may have lost their only child. My heart goes out to them