PDA

View Full Version : Keiss/Reiss Beaches

neepnipper
19-May-08, 09:59
Does anyone know if the beach is clear of oil now? Would like to take my dogs down there for a run and a sploosh but wasn't sure if the beach is ok yet.

Kevin Milkins
19-May-08, 10:20
Does anyone know if the beach is clear of oil now? Would like to take my dogs down there for a run and a sploosh but wasn't sure if the beach is ok yet.

Yes ,Reiss beach has been clear for a while now , but we took a walk down to Keiss castle the other night and still some oil on the rocks .

northener
19-May-08, 20:33
Just been down this evening, Neeps. As Kev says, a little bit of a stain on some of the shingle at HW mark, but fine overall.

N.

neepnipper
19-May-08, 21:37
Went and had a look at Keiss beach, the sign is still up and I did a bit of a recce but wasn't happy about letting the dogs on there, quite a few splodges of oil on the rocks so we went to the beach in JOG and the dogs had a good sploosh and I had a paddle and got blue toes! Was really hot down there in the shelter of the sand dunes, very pleasant!

dirdyweeker
19-May-08, 21:53
still oil splatters on the shore at Staxigoe Harbour too.

lynne duncan
20-May-08, 19:20
shoreline from north baths at wick out to the north point is still liberally coated with globules of the oil, hope they get it cleared up soon as I would hate if the otters got coated in it