PDA

View Full Version : What do you call them?

domino
18-May-08, 19:23
We have the same woodpigeon that comes down every day to feed at one of the bird feeders. My wife calls him the "big fella" also some pairs of ring doves which she calls "Jeremy and Jemima" or Jeremy birds. Don't ask!!!

Kenn
18-May-08, 21:21
I too have a pair of wood pigeons that come to the garden and eat the grain scattered from the feeders. "Lives Dangerously." might be appropriate as the cat is on a mission to "Get the pigeon."

domino
18-May-08, 22:03
Ver good.Love it

WeeBurd
18-May-08, 22:46
No names for my visiting wood pigeons yet, they're just referred to as the "Woodies".

My blackbird, however, is well known as "Mr Chockie" (and occasionally by his alias, The Phantom Fingernail), and regularly gets called by his name and a "chook chook", when I can hear him singing from the trees or neighbouring rooftops - what must my neighbours think?! I always ask him if he's got himself a Lady Chockie yet, as Mamma here wants to see some little brown furballs visiting before the spring is over. Honestly, he understands every word... [lol]!

"The Sparrow Gang" are the friendly bunch - too many to name individually though...

"Stinky Starlings", more frequently go by another, unprintable name in our house. I'll get infractions if I type it here!

All other visitors, are simply referred to by their breed. There's way too many to even consider naming them all. :D

Anji
19-May-08, 12:05
We only have a name for one bird. The sparrow with the most beautiful markings is obviously in charge. We call him Boss Spuggie.

Kevin Milkins
19-May-08, 18:05
Pigeon Pie