PDA

View Full Version : Confession

mccaugm
17-May-08, 20:31
They say confession is good for the soul.
Here goes,................

I cry almost, every week watching Britains Got Talent, every time I see someone with genuine talent. The boy who danced like Billy Elliot got me, the girl who sang Ave Maria, the boy who was bullied and sang opera....*blushes*

Cannot stand those irritating child dance troupes....did that as a kid so I can comment....:roll:

What confessions do the orgers have....nothing rude please....embarassing will do!

Kismet
17-May-08, 21:21
Am not a teary person but have cried at a few films "The Champ" and the old "Greyfriars Bobby"

Spent a night in the cells but can't say why cos I cannot swear and cannot tell the story without doing so lol

Am sure there is plenty more but but that will do for now

Another good thread x

Lord Flasheart
17-May-08, 21:27
I have two Girls Aloud videos on my Ipod .. And its not just for the videos I actually like the songs.

Be Gentle.

padfoot
17-May-08, 21:46
I have two Girls Aloud videos on my Ipod .. And its not just for the videos I actually like the songs.

Be Gentle.

what two songs is it and we might forgive you haha

hmm confessions its hard to say i remember when i was younger i watched rocky 4 and cried at the end when he beat dolph lundran haha no idea how to spell his name and basicly cry at all things sad torchwood dr who any sad film even disney ones lol am a big weepy person

2little2late
17-May-08, 22:51
The first single (45rpm vinyl to the youth of today) I bought was Whispering Grass by the late Don Estelle and Windsor Davis.
Don Estelle had a brilliant singing voice.

joxville
17-May-08, 22:52
Many years ago I was walking to the pub and I found a very fat bank bag of money, maybe about £2000 or more in it. Up ahead of me, maybe 400 yards, was an elderly woman pushing her bike uphill so I caught up with her and asked if she had lost anything. She looked in her bike basket and said her moneybag had fallen out of it so I showed her the one I found which she had been able to describe. I walked along with her when I met my friend Angie who I was going to the pub with. I told Angie the story to which she said the old lady owned 5 houses and that was probably the rent money. I have to confess had I known that beforehand I would have kept the money.

Kevin Milkins
17-May-08, 22:58
The first single (45rpm vinyl to the youth of today) I bought was Whispering Grass by the late Don Estelle and Windsor Davis.
Don Estelle had a brilliant singing voice.

I will put my hands up and agree that Don Estelle had a lovely voice.

joxville
17-May-08, 23:05
I will put my hands up and agree that Don Estelle had a lovely voice.

I have to agree. Almost every Saturday he was in Basingstoke shopping mall selling his music, whilst singing live. Although not a fan of his music, the wee guy could fair belt out a song, a great voice.

mccaugm
17-May-08, 23:14
I have to agree. Almost every Saturday he was in Basingstoke shopping mall selling his music, whilst singing live. Although not a fan of his music, the wee guy could fair belt out a song, a great voice.

Many moons ago a friend in Inverness owned a guest house, her claim to fame was that Don Estelle stayed as a guest, I think he was appearing in Eden Court....

armanisgirl
17-May-08, 23:14
If it's an 'embarressing confession' thread, then I too admit to crying at the tv. Usually the soaps, but I have cried at films too: ET, Watership down, even Harry Potter (The one with the tri-wizard tournament and the quite dishy young lad (who is way too young for me[evil]) was dead I broke my heart sitting in the cinema!!!). Perhaps the worst was wetting myself in primary school - but being very sneaky and gently turning my skirt around so it wet it all over!!![lol]Teacher wouldn't let me go to the loo, so what was I meant to do? I was very young - it was P2 I think!

If it's a 'naughty confession' thread - how long you got??? Think the last really sneaky and naughty thing was at a cafe with a mate. It was reasonably nice, so we decided to sit outside with our bowls of soup. My frind went back in to get salt or something, when I noticed a fly on the parasol, so I swiped it away. It landed in my friends soup (Scotch Broth btw), so I tried to fish it out with my finger, but only managed to push it further in. So I got her spoon and stirred it in! I then watched in great trepidation as she greedily spooned mouthful after mouthful in, and watched in fascinated horror as she ate the dead fly!!! OMG, it almost put me off my own soup! (Almost, but not quite lol). Have I told her? Not to this day have I said a word to her, but me and my other mates have a good laugh about it!! [lol]

joxville
17-May-08, 23:31
Years ago as an apprentice myself and a few mates used to go to the shops at lunchtime and one of the guys always took his bike so he could 'show-off' doing wheelies. I was sick of him, (mainly 'cos I was crap at doing wheelies), so before lunch one day I sneaked out and loosened his front wheel. As expected, he pulled his first wheely only for his front wheel to fall off, resulting in him landing forks first on the road then sliding off the seat to meet the handlebars. Oh how we laughed. To this day I never told anyone it was me that caused it.

joxville
17-May-08, 23:41
I used to work in Johnston's Bakery and one of my colleagues put aside a Jap cake for her tea-break saying no-one was to touch it. Well, that was all the ammo I needed-I had to have that cake. I sneaked into the despatch area where she had put it and ate it. I then thought I had better replace it with something similar so got a cookie cutter and filled it with lard, popped it out which I then rolled in coconut and put it where she left the cake. At tea-break she took one bite then started to gag on the lard as it congealed in her mouth. The look on her face and the other's sitting about was priceless, no-one but me knew what was wrong. I think the give-away was me rolling on the floor laughing.

padfoot
17-May-08, 23:46
omg hahahahaha having a good laugh at that one lol

joxville
18-May-08, 00:11
I used to work in Johnston's Bakery and one of my colleagues put aside a Jap cake for her tea-break saying no-one was to touch it. Well, that was all the ammo I needed-I had to have that cake. I sneaked into the despatch area where she had put it and ate it. I then thought I had better replace it with something similar so got a cookie cutter and filled it with lard, popped it out which I then rolled in coconut and put it where she left the cake. At tea-break she took one bite then started to gag on the lard as it congealed in her mouth. The look on her face and the other's sitting about was priceless, no-one but me knew what was wrong. I think the give-away was me rolling on the floor laughing.

One afternnoon we got a parcel delivered and it had 'S' shaped polystyrene packaging inside it. I took a handful, dipped them in chocolate then sat them on a board in despatch, telling the despatch ladies that they were a new line called peppermint treats. Being busy I forgot about them until I went in next morning. I thought I had better ditch them just in case they got put down to our shop, and I discovered a few missing. One of the women said she ate them but thought they were "a bit chewy". She couldn't understand why I couldn't stop laughing, especially when I said she had better flush the loo extra hard to get rid of her waste.:D:D:D

Kenn
18-May-08, 00:12
When at senior school we had an annual hockey match, staff versus the school team.
Now I have to admit that I was responsible for sneaking into the secretariy's office and purloining the keys so that the headmaster could be locked into his study for the duration.
As to who locked the chemistry master and the games mistress in the sports store cupboard I claim the 5th ammendment!

teddybear1873
18-May-08, 00:17
I cried at the end of Jaws. That poor shark didnt deserve to die.

Kismet
18-May-08, 01:18
I wet myself in class a few times in primary one or two, the teacher was scary and I was too scared to ask to get out to the toilet, of course then it meant she gave me a row and made me change into really horrible navy knickers that I remember smelling awful, maybe I peed them too [lol]

Anyway the previous peeing confession reminded me of my most embarrassing childhood moment which my brothers and sister never let me forget for a lot of years lol

I was going down the chute and my knickers got stuck and ripped and then I peed myself, probably laughing. I was prone to fits of giggles and peeing myself if I laughed too much. The rotten sods called me pee-rip for years after that :( I think constantly being called that for years was way more embarrassing than the actual incident though :D

joxville
18-May-08, 20:26
This one again involves a workmate in the bakery. I nipped outside one Saturday morning, about 5am, for a smoke and was standing next to Old Fred's car. For a joke I pinched one of his wheeltrims, intending on putting it back on the Monday. When I went in on the Monday Fred told me some thief nicked his wheeltrim and because Dunnet's didn't have a similar one he had to buy four new ones of a different design, costing him £50. Needless to say I kept quiet.

joxville
18-May-08, 21:26
One time, to another workmates car, I turned his rear number plate upside down, he drove it like that for a week before police stopped him and let him know. Luckily they didn't fine him. I never let on 'cos he is 6'4" and built like a privvy.

joxville
18-May-08, 21:34
I loaned my brothers boxed set of Beatles records to a girl I used to chat to on the CB, mainly 'cos I fancied her, but we fell out and I never got them back. He moved out around that time,(1982), and thought he lost them in the process of moving. I've never told him the truth and since he'll never be on here he'll never know.

Geo
19-May-08, 11:14
I told Angie the story to which she said the old lady owned 5 houses and that was probably the rent money. I have to confess had I known that beforehand I would have kept the money.

Why would you have kept it?

Julia
19-May-08, 12:30
A mate of mine had a big cream cookie he was saving for later and we were told not to touch it so we ate it and then filled a roll with mayo and jam, dusted it with icing sugar and put it back in the bag. His face was priceless as he bit into it [lol]

joxville
19-May-08, 16:45
Why would you have kept it?

I was in bad shape financially back then, but you hear so many times about old folk carrying there life savings about with them and if that had been my Granny...that's why I returned it to her. Looking back though I'm glad I did because I'm an honest person,(many people say I'm too honest but thats another story),and would have felt guilty for the rest of my life but the money would have helped me out of a hole.

Mad1man
21-May-08, 01:08
Had an embarrasing moment in primary school in the 60's - boy's loo a block building in the playground of an old Victorian school - got 'it' caught in zipper and had to cross playground and through main building to get to school nurse - age 7 floods of tears - All I remember was the embarassment and the cure hurting more than the accident.

Kevin Milkins
21-May-08, 01:26
As a youngster my dad used to tell myself and brother and 2 sisters some good old war storys. My favorite when I as about 5 years old was Hitler was chasing my dad across the desert, and dad hid up a coconut tree at an oasis. Hitler turned up and kneeled down for a drink of water and dad dropped a coconut on his head which knocked him out. Dad then climbed down the tree and slit his throat and that was the end of Adolf Hitler.
When I was about 10 years old the war came up in class and teacher said "nobody really knows what happend to Adolf Hitler." My arm shot up like an exorcet misile and I told the story to the class with great pride and word for word.
I remember all my class mates rolling about the classs with laughter and teacher ,to be fair trying to put me right without wanting to upset me.
When I went home and told my dad how misguided my class and teacher were he laughed and run his fingers through my hair.
I still cringe and my toes curl every time I relive that moment.