PDA

View Full Version : daftest things

balto
17-May-08, 19:25
I got thinking today about something that i did years ago when i first started coming up to Thurso to see my other half, we were out on a saturday night me my oh and his friend and we had just come out of what was the coral, after having a few drinks as you do(or did), when we got to the door at the bottom of the stairs, i saw what i thougth was a mouse, and after having had a drink, was determained to catch this creature, so me and my oh's mate took it upon ourselves to catch it, and after a few trys we suceeded in catching what was a little brown and white HAMSTER, so we then decided to take it to the police station(not sure why), left my name, never expected to hear from them again, but 2 days later, i recieved a phone call tosay that the hamster had escaped from a house at the back of the police station and was now safely at home, so my question is what is the daftest thing you have done after you have had a few drinks.

Bobinovich
17-May-08, 19:31
Hmmm, lets see! Foodfight at the old Weigh Inn when they served burgers & chips to get a late licence, and pushing a m8 aroond 'e toon in a shopping trolley while both laffin' hysterically are two of the repeatable ones...

Lord Flasheart
17-May-08, 19:42
Spent a night in the cells once. Me and a mate were blind drunk after a night out because we had obviously nicked a couple of traffic cones as we sauntered home and were wearing them on our heads. Apparently I introduced myself to the copper as Merlin the Wizard. I found out the next day that after taking the cone off my head as ordered I turned it upside down, and handed it to the Policeman saying .. "Shtick a 99 in there would you ??"

We were released without charge.

balto
17-May-08, 19:44
Spent a night in the cells once. Me and a mate were blind drunk after a night out because we had obviously nicked a couple of traffic cones as we sauntered home and were wearing them on our heads. Apparently I introduced myself to the copper as Merlin the Wizard. I found out the next day that after taking the cone off my head as ordered I turned it upside down, and handed it to the Policeman saying .. "Shtick a 99 in there would you ??"

oh that is so funny, i can imagine the look on the policemans face.[lol][lol]

joxville
17-May-08, 19:48
Climbing a scaffold outside Gilmour Street Station in Paisley. For a bet. In the winter. Naked. Easiest tenner I've ever earned lol

flash
17-May-08, 20:00
Hmmm, lets see! Foodfight at the old Weigh Inn when they served burgers & chips to get a late licence, and pushing a m8 aroond 'e toon in a shopping trolley while both laffin' hysterically are two of the repeatable ones...
then there was the night I saw you tottering up the street clutching a hand bag

Lord Flasheart
17-May-08, 20:15
There was also the incident involving a female friend who had bust her legs skiing and was in a wheelchair, she obviously hadnt been out for a while so we decided to take her out in the afternoon for a few drinks. We found out later she was on medication she hadnt told us about and shouldnt have been drinking. Anyway, as the afternoon wore on more friends arrived and the drinks arrived with increasing frequency. Before we knew it we were involved in a full on session. Our friend seemed ok until all of a sudden she became really abusive and threw a glass at someone, right then, best get her outside. Now we had had a few drinks too and on taking her outside found she she was doing her best mouthy drunk routine. The Barman knew first aid and looked her over and said she just needed a bit of fresh air. Now in hindsight we should have just stayed with her but she at this point she was doing a passable Linda Blair impression and really kicking off. In our inebriated state we decided the best thing was to borrow a couple of breeze blocks from the building work going on next door and after removing the wheels, prop her up so she cant escape. Dont ask me why. This we did but then two Policeman came round the corner. Picture the scene .. our friend is kicking off and two drunks are standing next to a wheelchair on breeze blocks with a wheel each. They assumed that we were abusing a disabled person and we were grabbed, cuffs on and into the back of the car. It was all sorted later but we never took her out with us again.

This thread is bring FAR too many memories back.

Kismet
17-May-08, 20:19

[lol] Hilarious, tears streaming down my face again have never laughed so much in ages as I have at some of the posts on the org messageboards [lol]

Keep up the good work :lol:

Just read your second story and am crying with laughter again please do carry on

mccaugm
17-May-08, 20:22
Out celebrating his thirtieth birthday, my hubby and his mate decided to shimmy up the lamp posts beside the river in Thurso. His mate came down no bother, my hubby hit the ground but because there was a pothole where his foot landed, he hurt his ankle. He hobbled to his mates house using me as a crutch. Due to the pain numbing effect of alcohol he didn't realise how much damage he had done. Next morning, ended up taking him to the hospital. He had broken his ankle and ended up with it in plaster for six weeks.

joxville
17-May-08, 20:46
Years ago I was in a club in Glasgow which also sold hot food. I managed to match my pint to burger roll ratio all night. On the way home my mate Jim,(who was sober cos he was driving), decided to stop at a fish & chip van. Still feeling hungry I got a huge bag of chips which I proceeded to cover in salt. I wouldn't listen to him telling me to stop, saying "I love loads of salt". Back in the car I started on the chips but unfortunately my stomach decided it had been assaulted,(no pun intended), too much in one night and so 13 burgers and pints of lager made a break for freedom. Luckily Jim stopped the car in time so I managed to be sick at the side of the road. I've never used salt since.

joxville
17-May-08, 20:57
Another time I was on the sleeper train to London and had a few too many in the drinks lounge. I remembered my cabin was at the split in the carriage so just got into the bottom bunk because my fiance was asleep on the top bunk. A few minutes later I came to my senses with a bloke asking "Who are you?", (although his language was stronger). After a quick explanation and apologies to him and his wife I managed to get away unscathed.:D

Lord Flasheart
17-May-08, 21:01
I once deliberately wee'd myself for a pound.

In hindsight I should have asked for more but for some reason it seemed like a good idea at the time, having to walk the two or three miles home because I wasnt allowed in the Taxi wasnt fun though.

Are some people more prone to doing daft things ??, I seem to be.

Anne x
17-May-08, 21:06

very Funny [lol]
I Had to look twice at the Name I thought Camel Spider was back amongst us from Down Under humour is similar
Anne x

Lord Flasheart
17-May-08, 21:32
very Funny [lol]
I Had to look twice at the Name I thought Camel Spider was back amongst us from Down Under humour is similar
Anne x

Ive sent you a PM Anne. He is a good mate of mine and had a major hand in getting me a new job so quick after recent events.

Trust me, my humour is worse than his .. :roll:

padfoot
17-May-08, 21:52
hmm must say if i have done anything totally daft i must of forgot but for my 18th i decided i was to get leather'd and succeded with falling all over the place and had thought i had pee'd myself so proceded to take my trousers off to which my mum and friends decided to take photos my closest mate took a video which i hav seen where she was encouraging me to take my pants off to which i did and started laughing my head off haha swore i would never talk to her again if she showed the video to anyone hahahahaha and ended the night of throwing up everywhere and in the morning wondering why i had different trousers on lol and why there was puke on the quilt and one of my kids teddys lol

twiglet
17-May-08, 22:46
Some of my friends and I should really write the womans book of revenge. Have had a helping hand in a friends dog food curry and her husband loved it so much he asked for seconds. Have sewn grass in carpets and put prawns in curtain hems. The usual shaving people in their sleep and applying makeup on drunken bums. My only drunken exploit was telling my domineering mother what I thought of her. My OH says it was hilarious and long overdue.

Best prank was instigated by the target's mother. He'd done something mean to her and was working at the stock exchange at the time. We rang him up over a week, recording the conversation (well, monologue), as a heavy breather. On the last occasion he was very understanding and told me there were people who could help and gave me the Samaritans no. which made me feel dreadful. We replayed the monologues to him when he 'popped round' with his mum one day. He took it in great humor after calling us all the names under the sun. (This from the man who advertised his old school for sale for 3m and only got caught when he was showing a sheik aroung the school, by the headmaster. He also appealed for anyone who had found a green and yellow brain running down the road to contact one of his friends in the local paper.)

padfoot
17-May-08, 22:52
haha sounds good wish i did more pranks on people

moose and Lindsay
17-May-08, 22:55
hmm must say if i have done anything totally daft i must of forgot but for my 18th i decided i was to get leather'd and succeded with falling all over the place and had thought i had pee'd myself so proceded to take my trousers off to which my mum and friends decided to take photos my closest mate took a video which i hav seen where she was encouraging me to take my pants off to which i did and started laughing my head off haha swore i would never talk to her again if she showed the video to anyone hahahahaha and ended the night of throwing up everywhere and in the morning wondering why i had different trousers on lol and why there was puke on the quilt and one of my kids teddys lol

[lol] I've seen that video [lol]

So funny

padfoot
17-May-08, 22:58
omg neva ats it she is soooooo gettin it when she wakes up hahahaha what a shape i was in

Kismet
18-May-08, 00:03
[lol] I've seen that video [lol]

So funny

That is soooooooo not fair I never got to see it will be having words myself [lol]

hell raizer
18-May-08, 00:09
ha ha there's somethings us mothers are not supposed to see :lol:

Kismet
18-May-08, 00:46
aye right I already seen the state of her that night lol briefly when had to help out and if that video is still available I am sure I can get to see it [lol] After all I was the one that had to clean up the mess the next day after staying completely sober and watching the kids so she could get in that state and lie ill the next day :) And this is about saying what you have done daft so where is yours lol actually dunno if I put one myself will have to check heehee

Lord Flasheart
18-May-08, 09:17
I found out last night that one of the lads in my local got busted a while back for writing "Hammertime" under the "STOP" on roadsigns.

:lol::lol:

balto
18-May-08, 14:18
oh some of these storys are so funny, comeon i am sure there are more out there.

Kismet
18-May-08, 14:41
Nothing I can say can top the blokes ones am sure but if rack my brains can come up with summit am sure this has been a really good read this thread :D

Kismet
18-May-08, 14:46
Nothing I can say can top the blokes ones am sure but if rack my brains can come up with summit am sure this has been a really good read this thread :D

A friend once, after we had been drinking, asked me to go speak to a bloke on her behalf, to see if he would come and see her. Drunk and gullible this I did but he would not come and see her. Shortly after departing from his house I spotted a large frog and decided to take it home to her as a joke and tell her to kiss it and it may turn into a prince, not that funny but then well I was drunk lol Anyway kept a hold of the frog all the way up the road and into her living-room where it then made an escape and took us ages to find [lol]

Lord Flasheart
18-May-08, 14:46
Not from me this time but a couple from a mate with a brother who is groundcrew in the Air Force.

There was a navigator on his squadron who was a nasty piece of work, pure snob and always berating the groundcrew. This man was also prone to airsickness and would be sick virtually every trip. One day his jet taxies back in after a sortie and the navigator can be seen gesturing wildly and attempting to add up with his fingers as he kept producing ones and two's in the direction of the groundcrew. The sergeant turns round to my mates brother and says "Whats up with him ??" to be greeted with the answer "Could be because I cut the bottom of the sick bags out before he arrived" .. apparently said navigator felt the "urge" mid flight and on regurgitating his breakfast it had barely touched the sides of the bag before exiting through the gap and all over the cockpit. These bags are folded neatly in the cockpit and it would be impossible to tell the bottom was gone until it was too late. Repercussions were swift but he still maintains it was worth it.

and ..

Air Cadets regularly fly on Nimrods for Air Experience flying. Many moons ago the aircrew took to trying to get the really obnoxious and gobby ones to be sick. Some Cadets can be incredibly obnoxious and this was a way of putting them back in their box. It involved cooking a curry in the onboard oven in the galley, placing it in a sick bag and waiting until a cadet looked queasy. Nimrods spend a lot of time at low level over the sea and it is quite bumpy down there. On seeing the cadet go green the aircrew member would pretend to be sick into the bag containing the curry, he would then open the bag .. inspect .. say .. "Oh look theres a chunky bit" .. and proceed to scoff it down.

Worked every time apparently. It all came to a halt when one crew member was spotted putting the curry in the bag and this was passed on to Mum. Again repercussions were swift but said to be worth it.

Torvaig
18-May-08, 17:21
Honestly, youngsters nowadays, we would never have got off with that when we were young.....;)

dellwak
18-May-08, 18:34
Me and my mate visited Ravensburg in south Germany once, and after a few too many we decided to get a taxi to a nightclub out in the country. Once there, they wouldn’t let us in cos we weren’t dressed properly, they said. It was probably more because we couldn’t stand up straight without leaning on each other for support. Of course, we had let the taxi go and the nightclub wouldn’t call us another one. So, as one does in these situations, we set off across country in what we thought was the general direction of the town. We were very soon hopelessly lost. After wandering around for a couple of hours, I noticed a glow in the sky and thought it must be the lights of Ravensburg, so we headed off towards it. After another hour we realised we were heading towards the sunrise. Luckily, we reached a crossroads with signposts about the same time. Ravensburg was 10 km in the opposite direction. That was the longest night of my life.

ciderally
18-May-08, 18:38
talk about blind drunk.....

Lord Flasheart
18-May-08, 19:39
Me and my mate visited Ravensburg in south Germany once, and after a few too many we decided to get a taxi to a nightclub out in the country. Once there, they wouldn’t let us in cos we weren’t dressed properly, they said. It was probably more because we couldn’t stand up straight without leaning on each other for support. Of course, we had let the taxi go and the nightclub wouldn’t call us another one. So, as one does in these situations, we set off across country in what we thought was the general direction of the town. We were very soon hopelessly lost. After wandering around for a couple of hours, I noticed a glow in the sky and thought it must be the lights of Ravensburg, so we headed off towards it. After another hour we realised we were heading towards the sunrise. Luckily, we reached a crossroads with signposts about the same time. Ravensburg was 10 km in the opposite direction. That was the longest night of my life.

Class .. :D

I remember hearing a tale about a group of lads who went to Germany for the weekend. There were no spaces next to their digs and the lad who parked the car could only find one a good bit away. They all go out on the lash for the weekend and then attempt to find the car two days later. After a full weekend of drinking the memory of an unfamiliar road isnt too good. The lad who parked the car pipes up with "Its alright I remember the name of the street, it was Einbahnstrasse" .. which is German for one way street apparently.

Took them hours to find it again.

Ricco
19-May-08, 07:27
After a night out on the tiles, went skinny dipping in the local outdoor pool. Someone phoned the police and when they arrived we hid behind the bouys in the middle of the pool. After a search the police left... with our clothes! We scouted around until we found some tea towels by the small snack bar and had to walk to the police station to collect our gear. Very embarassing. :o

Thumper
19-May-08, 17:55
Well of course I personally have never done anything daft ;) BUT one that my ex hubby did still makes me laugh for the absolute stupidity of him,he call the chinese to order food one night and ordered crispy chicken new,after I picked myself up of the floor with tears running down my face I told him that the dish was just called crispy chicken,the "new" was to let us know it was a new dish [lol] x