PDA

View Full Version : WOWEE! Online car insurance quotes

Julia
17-May-08, 18:04
just checking with confused.com for some cheap car insurance and it threw up the following bargain price.... btw it's for 3rd party F + T only!

https://www.confused.com/images/logochoicequote.gif

premium (including tax) cover type protected ncb included? total accidental damage excess fire and theft excess £1399998.60 Third Party Fire & Theft no not applicable check with insurer legal cover instalments apr deposit number of instalments monthly instalments +£25 check with insurer check with insurer check with insurer check with insurer
ChoiceQuote is an independent insurance intermediary and prides itself on being an innovative organisation, committed to continually improving the products and services it offers. Our bespoke car insurance scheme provides:
Windscreen cover
60 days green card
Audio cover
£100 contents limit
24/7 claims helpline

joxville
17-May-08, 18:08
That beats my quote from Tesco back in 2002. I had a J reg Granada worth £700 and got quoted £10,000 to insure it lol.

rfr10
17-May-08, 18:08
:eek: Thankfully we managed to get ours for 3 people, learner included for £600.

How is that quote even possible that you got?

joxville
17-May-08, 18:20
just checking with confused.com for some cheap car insurance and it threw up the following bargain price.... btw it's for 3rd party F + T only!

https://www.confused.com/images/logochoicequote.gif

premium (including tax) cover type protected ncb included? total accidental damage excess fire and theft excess £1399998.60 Third Party Fire & Theft no not applicable check with insurer legal cover instalments apr deposit number of instalments monthly instalments +£25 check with insurer check with insurer check with insurer check with insurer

ChoiceQuote is an independent insurance intermediary and prides itself on being an innovative organisation, committed to continually improving the products and services it offers. Our bespoke car insurance scheme provides:

Windscreen cover
60 days green card
Audio cover
£100 contents limit
24/7 claims helpline

Is the 60p the admin charge?

Julia
17-May-08, 19:35
The cheapest quote was £363, repaeated the process and it spat out the most expensive again as 13.9 million [lol]

Riffman
17-May-08, 19:54
Don't forget to try swiftcover, they beat everyone for me this year.

warrior
17-May-08, 21:30
Ay Swift seems to be the way to go i have 2 cars insured with them

footie chick
17-May-08, 22:24
Ay Swift seems to be the way to go i have 2 cars insured with them

Me to no problems with them.

elamanya
18-May-08, 10:25
ye swiftcover for me as well near 120 quid chepaer than the mob i was with last year..

rfr10
18-May-08, 11:23
I fond Quinn-direct to be cheaper than Swift.

tonkatojo
18-May-08, 11:27
Hi folks, The good old COOP INS done the wife and me proud with breakdown cover thrown in for an extra £5.00:confused

poppett
18-May-08, 19:10
NFU in Brabster Street Thurso provide reasonable insurance premiums and a payment plan if required.

Confused.com told me my car did not exist, so could not provide a quote.

neil gallows
11-Jul-08, 21:09
Hi

You can also check out Homeapproved for a cheap car insurance quote (http://www.homeapproved.co.uk). They offer both fully comprehensive and third party fire and theft quotes.

Regards

Neil

sadam
11-Jul-08, 22:52
Try Kwikfit very reasonable I got a full comp and one named driver for £142 then one or two extras it only came to £207

Thumper
12-Jul-08, 08:51
What annoys me is when you stay with a company for a few years,never claim but yet they still put up the insurance when it comes to renewing it,I always thought that they were supposed to lower it if you havent made any claims?I was with directline for a few years but had to change last year when my premium when up by over £100!They wanted £375!I got the same deal with Sheilas wheels for £175!I am due to renew next month so I will be checking out all the companies you have recommended,thanks x

justine
12-Jul-08, 12:28
when we got the van we thought it would be expensive to get van insurance but after 2 days hunting online i found a company that is 178 for the year, £15 monthly and thats fully comp...If you all just looked for a couple of days they are cheaper quotes out they. Try A quote before renewing you might be suprised...and there are no hidden suprises with it either.

Cattach
12-Jul-08, 13:13
Renewal quote from Budget for ur small car - £218.11.
Through confused.com on the internet from the same company, Budget - £105.00
Cheapest company was £101.50

Above was for comprehensive cover.

Do not ake the first offer nor accept renewal quotes without question. The companies just hope we will renew without bothering to check prices - they try to take us for mugs.