PDA

View Full Version : What are you hoping Santa will bring you?

Sporran
23-Nov-05, 19:32
I haven't sent my letter off to the North Pole yet, but am probably going to ask for some new CDs -- Kate Bush's "Aerial" and Madonna's new one, perhaps.

Also "A Room With A View" on DVD -- I'm an E M Forster fan ("Howard's End" and "The Remains Of The Day", for example). Not sure what else yet, though...

willowbankbear
23-Nov-05, 20:42
Dear Santa,this christmas i would like you to give me a match day ticket to next years Soccer World cup final to see Sunny Spain win against Argentina in the best final ever, Okay its only a wish but im allowed too, What about a Week in a hotel with the five girls in Girls Aloud?? I bet a few of ye widna turn yer nose up at at one :cool:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

w.a.t.p , 51&Counting Giruy

peedie man
23-Nov-05, 21:29
i would settle for just one of the girls and a trip to sunny spain

Penny
24-Nov-05, 12:13
Also "A Room With A View" on DVD -- I'm an E M Forster fan ("Howard's End" and "The Remains Of The Day", for example). Not sure what else yet, though...

Seems like we share the same taste in films Sporran - the other night I watched one of these free DVD's from the Daily Mail 'A Handful of Dust' Kirsten Scot Thomas, Rupert Graves, Judi Dench etc.........it was great! I love that era.......don't you?

As for Christmas - I never ask for anything - that way I am never disappointed!

Penny

lassieinfife
24-Nov-05, 14:13
Seems like we share the same taste in films Sporran - the other night I watched one of these free DVD's from the Daily Mail 'A Handful of Dust' Kirsten Scot Thomas, Rupert Graves, Judi Dench etc.........it was great! I love that era.......don't you?

Penny

Peace and harmony for all the world............... pipe dream i think

Sporran
25-Nov-05, 00:14

Penny
I've never seen 'A Handful of Dust', Penny, but with a stellar cast like that, I'm sure I would enjoy it! :)

On further investigation, I see that I mistakenly attributed 'The Remains of the Day' to E M Forster, when in fact it was by British-Japanese author Kazuo Ishiguro.

I thoroughly enjoy period costume dramas -- I think my interest was first sparked by watching Charles Dickens' dramatisations on BBC, when I was growing up. Then there was 'The Forsyte Saga', BBC's marathon serialisation of the John Galsworthy novels in 1967. All great stuff, in my opinion! :D

Fran
25-Nov-05, 03:14
i hope santa will give me good health for christmas as i am stuck indoors with a chest infection just now. also to be with my family during the festive season and to be happy, nothing else, thats all.

paris
26-Nov-05, 18:39
All i hope for from santa is that my rather large family would all get on, oh and for someone else to cook the christmas dinner LOL. Dream on !

krieve
26-Nov-05, 20:17
I want sanata to bring snow for christmas i love when it snows

marion
26-Nov-05, 20:26
I will be happy with whatever Santa brings. The main thing is to be with my family. That always makes me happy.

porshiepoo
26-Nov-05, 20:46
I hope santa brings me the camera I want.
And I'd love a white xmas again. I can't spend it with my family in England so I at least hope for the snow!
Oh and for my dog to put weight on! :D

marion
27-Nov-05, 22:40
THAT WOULD BE THE BEST XMAS FOR EVERYBODY IF YOU WERE TO GO BACK TO ENGLAND. WE'LL CHIP IN FOR A ONE WAY TICKET.
TRY FEEDING YOUR DOG. IF YOU WERE TO KEEP YOUR HEED OUT THE DOGS BOWL IT WOULD STAND A BETTER CHANCE, I'VE SEEN YOUR FAMILY ITS LIKE FEEDING TIME AT THE ZOO.

Porshiepoo - I believe your old nemesis is back to haunt you under a different name.

Chillie
28-Nov-05, 01:23
Ive always wanted a race horse

angela5
28-Nov-05, 01:50
i'd love a puppy for christmas a wee lab would be fine.

Chillie
28-Nov-05, 04:25
Someone to help me open up ma Fray Bentos tin.

saxovtr
28-Nov-05, 15:27
me plus cheryl tweedy plus jennifer ellison in the same bed! million quid,and for chillie to get that tin open lmao

squidge
28-Nov-05, 15:32
A happy day!

saxovtr
28-Nov-05, 15:46
;) hehe indeed it wil b

scotsboy
29-Nov-05, 05:05
15 SPL points which I would then donate to Rangers.