PDA

View Full Version : Buyers Beware

poppett
17-May-08, 09:48
If you are shopping in Tesco today or indeed bought the 1.5 litre Lenor discounted to £1.35, please check the price at the checkout, or your receipt as it is scanning at £2.99 a bottle.

Went back for my refund this morning from yesterday`s big shop and the mistake could not be rectified at the checkouts for today`s customers....so buyers beware!

joxville
17-May-08, 10:19
Thanks for that Poppet. I shall take COMFORT in the fact I don't do the shopping.:D:D

Geo
17-May-08, 10:45
I think they do double the difference back on pricing errors.

SNOWDOG
17-May-08, 11:09
Was in Tescos the other day looking for a rucksack, found a good one in the camping section for £25.00, then saw the exact same item in the garden section for £20.00, guess which one i took? :lol:

candyfloss
17-May-08, 12:30
We were in Tescos last night and bought a dvd which cost us £3 but on some of the boxs ( the same dvd ) the price was £6 :eek:

Fluff
17-May-08, 12:39
Candyfloss, HMV are awful for doing that! It can be quite funny..

padfoot
17-May-08, 12:45
yeah i ttly agree me and my mum used to shop on tesco online alot and they more than a few times over charged for things that were discounted

balto
17-May-08, 13:44
i did my shopping online this morning, and my oh wanted me to get chicken so he could make soup, now the drumsticks and thighs were on buy one get one free, so i added to to my basket, also had to get cat food ordered to whiskas, also monster munch crisps, when i had finished i notice my shopping had jumped up £10, so i went back to check what had happened only to discover 4 packs of chicken, 3 boxes of cat food and 2 mulitpacks of monster munch, now if i didnt go back to check then i would have got this stuff and been charged for it, seems to me this is a extra way for them to make some money, will have to think twice before i order nline again.

Julia
17-May-08, 13:48
If you are shopping in Tesco today or indeed bought the 1.5 litre Lenor discounted to £1.35, please check the price at the checkout, or your receipt as it is scanning at £2.99 a bottle.

Went back for my refund this morning from yesterday`s big shop and the mistake could not be rectified at the checkouts for today`s customers....so buyers beware!

The new Lenor is £2.00 but buy-one-get-one-free, apparently the same product is BOGOF in Thurso but at £3.69!

Angela
17-May-08, 14:54
balto, I order a lot from Tesco online and I've found that you won't see the money coming off for offers like BOGOFs either in the shopping basket or when you check out.

They do take the money off for the BOGOF items when they debit your card though...you'll see it on your bill as 'promotions savings' just under the service charge.

Must say I find that prices for products that are not on offer have quite often changed in an upwards direction by the time my shopping arrives. :(

However when I've phoned them up about it, and told them the price I'd ordered the goods at, I've had the extra money refunded. :)

balto
17-May-08, 19:19
balto, I order a lot from Tesco online and I've found that you won't see the money coming off for offers like BOGOFs either in the shopping basket or when you check out.

They do take the money off for the BOGOF items when they debit your card though...you'll see it on your bill as 'promotions savings' just under the service charge.

Must say I find that prices for products that are not on offer have quite often changed in an upwards direction by the time my shopping arrives. :(

However when I've phoned them up about it, and told them the price I'd ordered the goods at, I've had the extra money refunded. :)aye i know they dont take the bogo offers of online, but you dont expect the item in your basket to jump from the 2 that you ordred to 4 by the time you have checked out, seems a fly way to make extra money if you ask me.

Angela
17-May-08, 19:53
aye i know they dont take the bogo offers of online, but you dont expect the item in your basket to jump from the 2 that you ordred to 4 by the time you have checked out, seems a fly way to make extra money if you ask me.

Sorry balto, I misunderstood you there...

I found two packs of chicken fillets in my order when it arrived the other day and I was 99.9% sure I'd only ordered 1 because I always do!

I was assuming I must have accidentally clicked for 2 as I was in a big rush when I did the order and didn't check through the basket very carefully...but maybe not....? :confused

I've noticed as well that any substitutions I get are always more expensive than what I'd ordered... :(

balto
18-May-08, 11:29
Sorry balto, I misunderstood you there...

I found two packs of chicken fillets in my order when it arrived the other day and I was 99.9% sure I'd only ordered 1 because I always do!

I was assuming I must have accidentally clicked for 2 as I was in a big rush when I did the order and didn't check through the basket very carefully...but maybe not....? :confused

I've noticed as well that any substitutions I get are always more expensive than what I'd ordered... :(
aye i find that really annnoying when the substitutions are way more expensive than what you origanally ordered. i thought at the start i was clicking it more than what i thought i was, and never checked what was on it unto it arrived at home, but i for one know better now, as not a lot of people would return the items once they had been delivered.

2little2late
19-May-08, 00:12

But, if you aren't happy with your substitution you don't have to accept it.

Donnie
19-May-08, 10:42
I sometimes do a online shop at Asda, a while back I did my monthly shop and it came to £120 but I was never charged for it. Six months down the line I got a letter through saying due to an error I was never charged with that shop and asked if I would be so kind as to pay for it. I chuckled a bit then threw the letter away.

Angela
19-May-08, 11:26
But, if you aren't happy with your substitution you don't have to accept it.

I know -and sometimes I do reject it! ;)

It depends how much I need something, as it's not easy for me to get to the shops.

I believe that if Asda give you a more expensive substitution, they still only charge you the price of the item you'd ordered. :confused

Angela
19-May-08, 11:33
I sometimes do a online shop at Asda, a while back I did my monthly shop and it came to £120 but I was never charged for it. Six months down the line I got a letter through saying due to an error I was never charged with that shop and asked if I would be so kind as to pay for it. I chuckled a bit then threw the letter away.

Have you been able to order from them again Donnie? :confused

A similar thing happened to my son's OH .....Asda tried to take the money off her debit card months later....unfortunately on a day when she didn't have enough in the bank to cover it.

They wouldn't supply her again until she settled the bill.