PDA

View Full Version : Dounreay Social Club

paigetheoracle
17-May-08, 07:07
Has the old place been knocked down? Is it bramble infested?

Used to live here but now down towards Glasgow and I wondered if the saga had come to any better conclusion than the Asda one?

Kismet
17-May-08, 08:28
It has indeed been knocked down :(

ciderally
17-May-08, 11:49
dounreay club knocked down...what? when? why .....many a good night in that place...

Venture
17-May-08, 12:02
dounreay club knocked down...what? when? why .....many a good night in that place...

Dont panic ciderally the Dounreay Club in WICK is still standing. The Dounreay Club the folk on here are referring to is the Viewfirth in Thurso which is the proper name it is known by.

joxville
17-May-08, 13:17
I liked that building, my wedding reception was held there. Someone, somewhere must have got a nice house with the old bricks. Is there anything in it's place?

Kismet
17-May-08, 13:34
I did hear summit about what they were gonna/thinking of putting in it's place but sorry canna mind, it was nice building.

It was a great place, my mum was a barmaid when I was a kid I remember having chicken/chips in a basket not to mention the fantastic folk festivals they were the best :)

ciderally
17-May-08, 14:54
my lord near had a fit....

Bobinovich
17-May-08, 16:42
For those newer members, here's (http://forum.caithness.org/showthread.php?t=27789) a thread including a link to photos of the Viewfirth coming down...