PDA

View Full Version : Landward

domino
16-May-08, 19:57
Watched Landward tonight. Quite interesting but, I would have loved to hear a good,strong, Caithness accent!!

Errogie
16-May-08, 22:09
Caught the end of it and everyone said "Caith Ness" and Forsinard wasn't much better!

davem
16-May-08, 23:07
Wasn't it kinda good that they were telling people its worth visiting here? I took it as a positive, going back to the Antiques Roadshow thread when similar concerns were expressed, the point of the clip was to interview people who knew about wildlife and tourism. The people they chose were the people who could inform viewers about what was here and why they should come. There are people who have broader accents who could have contributed too but the important thing is that those who were chosen got their message across well.
I do think that we need to appreciate a good bit of promotion for the county rather than pick up one aspect which is pleasant to hear but the item was about wildlife and local beauty / history rather than culture.

Tugmistress
17-May-08, 08:51
I never saw this or knew about it until reading this thread, is it going to be repeated? what chanel is it on?

Angela
17-May-08, 09:10
Tuggs, it was on BBC2 at 7 last night. I don't think it's repeated but you should be able to catch up with it on iPlayer. :)

I agree that the 'Caith Ness' and rather strange pronounciation of Forsinard grated a bit.

However, like davem, I thought the piece did its job and was a good promotion of Caithness as a destination for wildlife tourists.

Landward seems to have picked up on the county as deserving of promotion, which must be a good thing surely? They had a short piece about Caithness flagstone last week as well. :)

Torvaig
17-May-08, 09:20
Here is a link to watch it all again. Excellent piece of promotion for Caithness...
http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b00bfdh6

domino
17-May-08, 18:29
I did not criticise the content. I hope it will do some good for our beloved county

kas
17-May-08, 23:39
Thanks for the heads up with the i player torvaig.

Tugmistress
18-May-08, 08:40
Thanks for the link to watch it, it's a good start for getting people to stop in the county instead of drive right through, i enjoyed it.