PDA

View Full Version : Cadbury Creme Eggs

poppett
16-May-08, 17:43
How many recipies will Cadbury find to do with Creme Egg recipe.

Original creme eggs, mini creme eggs, creme egg bars and now TWISTED a new version of chunky chocolate with creme egg mixture in the middle!

Think they must me going for a record.

Just wish they would re-invent my all time favourite Strawberry Creme bars.

bobandag16
16-May-08, 18:01
How many recipies will Cadbury find to do with Creme Egg recipe.

Original creme eggs, mini creme eggs, creme egg bars and now TWISTED a new version of chunky chocolate with creme egg mixture in the middle!

Think they must me going for a record.

Just wish they would re-invent my all time favourite Strawberry Creme bars.
therse where for a treat at easter so popular became good seller your creme bars became to dear for children who wanted 1p chews;);)

rs 2k
16-May-08, 18:09
Reading this post has made my mouth water

I use to love creme eggs but since being told i was diabetic i haven't had 1 :~(

I did c the twisted 1's in tesco the other day and i was soooooooo tempted, but i was good and stopped myself

Are they good? :mad:

poppett
16-May-08, 18:15
Bobandag16, I would rather have had one strawberry creme bar than a hundred penny chews!

rs2k, They taste just like a creme egg but without the need to struggle for that first bite. They probably lend themselves to having the top and bottom nibbled off then suck out the middle, for those who like a messy eat.

In my youth I would disect a mars bar or frys cream before eating them, so might try sucking the twisted thing.

Kevin Milkins
16-May-08, 18:53
I used to work for Lawson Marden Star (now Alcan) and we used to do all the printing on foil for Cadburys. When I first joined them I found it hard to beleive how many variations there are for an egg.I found them a little sweet for my taste.
We also did a lot of printing for Hershy of America and got some samples of there peanut butter cup sent over for us, yuck they are even sweeter.

rs 2k
16-May-08, 19:15
[quote=Kevin Milkins;384742]I used to work for Lawson Marden Star (now Alcan) quote]

Is that in Nelson Lancs?

Kevin Milkins
16-May-08, 19:18
[quote=Kevin Milkins;384742]I used to work for Lawson Marden Star (now Alcan) quote]

Is that in Nelson Lancs?

No ,it was in Bridgnorth in Shropshire.

rs 2k
16-May-08, 19:20
Ok just wandered as my mum worked in a mars bar factory or some sweetie factory when we were little in Nelson :Razz

I mind she use to take home the 1's that went wrong [lol]

plumber
16-May-08, 21:02
Now we know how you are so well off bobandag16, you only bought the bairn penny chews

bobandag16
16-May-08, 21:15
Now we know how you are so well off bobandag16, you only bought the bairn penny chews
no her mother brought them. i was not allowed to spend never got out of the habit;);)

balto
17-May-08, 13:40
i see that there is now a twisted creame egg bar, looks rather intersesting saw them in woolies yesterday, not sure if it is like a spira(anyone remember them) with creame egg filling inside.

lynne duncan
17-May-08, 15:52
tried the new twisted one not very impressed chocolate too thick and not enough creme, i'll stick with the original creme egg taa!
love trying new sweets

balto
17-May-08, 19:27
tried the new twisted one not very impressed chocolate too thick and not enough creme, i'll stick with the original creme egg taa!
love trying new sweets
thanks for that, i wont rush out and buy one now...