PDA

View Full Version : Comet going mad?

badger
15-May-08, 15:19
There's a full page Comet advert in next week's Radio Times with all the usual offers of insurance for aftercare. The amounts quoted are fairly logical for the value and type of article, if one ever falls for this kind of thing, until you get to what is obviously a very complicated and dangerous kettle.

It's half price at £24.99, which is fair enough. The product support offered is £7.99 a MONTH :eek: . How much support does one kettle need? You put water in and you turn it on - how difficult is that? Is it going to blow up at first use?

Don't spoil this story by telling me it's a misprint. I'd rather let my imagination run wild.

Kevin Milkins
15-May-08, 15:30
[quote=badger;384149]There's a full page Comet advert in next week's Radio Times with all the usual offers of insurance for aftercare. The amounts quoted are fairly logical for the value and type of article, if one ever falls for this kind of thing, until you get to what is obviously a very complicated and dangerous kettle.

It's half price at £24.99, which is fair enough. The product support offered is £7.99 a MONTH :eek: . How much support does one kettle need? You put water in and you turn it on - how difficult is that? Is it going to blow up at first use?

It always has amused me that a sales person in a store such as Comet can spend half an hour telling you what a wonderfull and reliable product that you have expressed an interest in.
When you have decided to purchase they spend another half an hour trying to sell you insurance for it in case it breaks down. :lol:

Angela
15-May-08, 16:10
Better to save the £7.99 a month and use it to buy a new kettle if and when you need one, surely? :roll:

I've never understood why people fork out good money for aftercare/extended warranties for small electrical items.

Just think how much it could add up to if we took out product support for a kettle, toaster, hairdryer, iron, food mixer...etc etc.... :eek:

joxville
15-May-08, 22:04
I had a tumble drier that stopped working after 2 years. With the call-out charge and cost of parts and labour it was more economical to buy a new one.

Thumper
15-May-08, 22:13
you can buy a kettle in woolies for a fiver...so why bother with a warranty?Although I did have one on my last washing machine and thank god I did cos I had to call them out NINE times in the first year :eek: x