PDA

View Full Version : Sex and the City - The Movie

Poppy_88
13-May-08, 20:38
Who else is excited about the release of the movie??!!

I'm not a girly girl at all but i LOVE Sex and the City, it's brilliant.

I'm sure loads of you will agree with me! (Men too..go on!)

:D

Ash
13-May-08, 20:50
hey i cant wait ive missed it of the tv, and seen every epsisode a thousand times, but still watch them :D

joxville
13-May-08, 21:03
Who else is excited about the release of the movie??!!

I'm not a girly girl at all but i LOVE Sex and the City, it's brilliant.

I'm sure loads of you will agree with me! (Men too..go on!)

:D

Sorry to disappoint you but I'm sick of the hype, especially see-ing that Sarah Jessica Parkers damn fizzog everywhere. I didn't watch it on TV and will give the movie a massive body-swerve.

Poppy_88
13-May-08, 21:36
There is so much hype because it's the grand finale! The final curtain on the only American tv series that has ever had my approval.

I can understand someone who isn't a fan being sick of the hype.. but the hype reflects how eagerly anticipated the film is! I would be the same if it they ever did a 'Friends' or 'Desperate Housewives' film.. Don't have time for either.

Now Joxville..Theres no need to dig at Sarah Jessica Parker's hair, is it perhaps hair-envy? Are we a bit sparse in that department..?

:lol: Only kidding.

frogface
13-May-08, 22:00
hey i cant wait ive missed it of the tv, and seen every epsisode a thousand times, but still watch them :D

It's on Para Comedy 1 (126), double bill every week night I think, keeping me going till the movie gets here [lol]

joxville
13-May-08, 22:34
There is so much hype because it's the grand finale! The final curtain on the only American tv series that has ever had my approval.

I can understand someone who isn't a fan being sick of the hype.. but the hype reflects how eagerly anticipated the film is! I would be the same if it they ever did a 'Friends' or 'Desperate Housewives' film.. Don't have time for either.

Now Joxville..Theres no need to dig at Sarah Jessica Parker's hair, is it perhaps hair-envy? Are we a bit sparse in that department..?

:lol: Only kidding.

I'm not having a dig at her hair-fizzog/fizzer is an informal term for the face, from the word physiognomy, relating to facial features.

I'm not sparse in the hair department, I just choose to stay one step ahead of mother natures intentions.:D

Poppy_88
13-May-08, 22:46
Ah, i see. My apologies. I assumed you were refering to her fizzy (but lovely) hair!

I think you should go see the film... You'll understand what all the hype is about!! :D

joxville
13-May-08, 22:50
Ah, i see. My apologies. I assumed you were refering to her fizzy (but lovely) hair!

I think you should go see the film... You'll understand what all the hype is about!! :D

I would go but having checked my diary I'll be removing my teeth with an angle-grinder that week.:D

jings00
13-May-08, 22:52
can't stand it, think it is pee eye ess aitch.

Poppy_88
13-May-08, 23:16
Shhh... you sillies.. I didn't start this thread for people who want to moan about it, it's for fellow fans to share their enthusiasm! :D

carasmam
13-May-08, 23:21
I wont rush to the cinema to see it, but when it comes out on dvd I'll make a point of getting it :)

So which one are you poppy - Carrie, Samantha, Charlotte or Miranda :lol:

joxville
13-May-08, 23:22
Shhh... you sillies.. I didn't start this thread for people who want to moan about it, it's for fellow fans to share their enthusiasm! :D

I'm not moaning about it, just thought I'd wind you up lol. Each to their own though-I'm off to watch the Touring Car races at Thruxton this Sunday if you want to slag me off.

Poppy_88
14-May-08, 00:44
Now thats a good question Carasman...

I think i have a bit of each of them ;) I think it makes for a good mix!

But mainly Carrie, as i find myself empathising with some of her situations/agreeing to what she says and does in some of the episodes. I'm studying English at uni and would also love to get into column writing like her. I can be quite cynical like Miranda sometimes, it has to be noted! Can't we all though.

How about you? !And, of course, anyone else reading this post?)

Now Joxville is going to think i'm a complete nutter, comparing myself to fictional characters! Hahaha.

Lord Flasheart
14-May-08, 07:30
The other half wants me to go and see this with her. I would rather spend the time sticking hot pins in my eyes.

I get enough female angst from her without PAYING to go and sit through an hour and a half of it. Plus every time I see Sarah Jessica Parker I cant help thinking that she has a head shaped like a horse.

The actress who plays the Brunette one is well tidy though, Lord Flash would make time for her .. yes indeedy.

horseman
14-May-08, 07:55
I would go but having checked my diary I'll be removing my teeth with an angle-grinder that week.:D
my opionion entirely

crashbandicoot1979
14-May-08, 09:22
Can't wait for it! I'm not a girly girl either and I'm not a fan of American tv but loved this show! I was in NY when it was being filmed, so was my friend and she actually managed to catch a bit of the filming! She got pics of Charlotte, Big and Miranda. I was in the Bronx at the time, gutted I missed it :~(

scorrie
14-May-08, 15:23
I watched it once. There was far too much City in it for me.

It's Mills and Boon spiced up for the modern era, escapism for those who aspire to a more exciting life. Glamour and glitz, bums and bits ;)

joxville
14-May-08, 22:43
Plus every time I see Sarah Jessica Parker I cant help thinking that she has a head shaped like a horse.

The actress who plays the Brunette one is well tidy though, Lord Flash would make time for her .. yes indeedy.

Agree on both counts, and Kim ?,the English bird, not too bad for a 50 something.

trix
14-May-08, 23:48
It's Mills and Boon spiced up for the modern era, Glamour and glitz, bums and bits ;)

mills an boon? wur talkin jackie collins...! :lol:

Poppy_88
16-May-08, 13:08
I watched it once. There was far too much City in it for me.

It's Mills and Boon spiced up for the modern era, escapism for those who aspire to a more exciting life. Glamour and glitz, bums and bits ;)

Being a first year Uni student i have a fairly exciting life, thank you Scorrie! :D

wifie
16-May-08, 14:38
Nothing wrong with a bit of escapism from the world we live in sometimes. I am looking forward to going to see Sex and the City - the film because I enjoyed the tv series. I am also looking forward to seeing the new Indiana Jones so what does that say for me?

The Pepsi Challenge
18-May-08, 09:52
Entertaining review of the movie in The Times: http://entertainment.timesonline.co.uk/tol/arts_and_entertainment/film/article3919749.ece?openComment=true

padfoot
18-May-08, 09:56
hey i would just like to say i will be watching this film i have seen very little of the series except about maybe 2 episodes at the most but from what i have seen it looks good

balto
18-May-08, 14:15
Sorry to disappoint you but I'm sick of the hype, especially see-ing that Sarah Jessica Parkers damn fizzog everywhere. I didn't watch it on TV and will give the movie a massive body-swerve.
totally agree, dont know why everyone is getting so excited

scorrie
18-May-08, 17:07
I am also looking forward to seeing the new Indiana Jones so what does that say for me?

Err, I don't know. Perhaps you like the idea of seeing Harrison Ford on a zimmer frame?

Indiana Jones and the Quest for the Winter Fuel Payment

percy toboggan
18-May-08, 17:45
I have never seen a single episode...will not be seeing the film...and the Parker woman reminds me of Mr.Ed.

Why the long face? Sex in the stable?....neigh lass.

wifie
18-May-08, 17:53
Err, I don't know. Perhaps you like the idea of seeing Harrison Ford on a zimmer frame?

Indiana Jones and the Quest for the Winter Fuel Payment

Ha ha ha ha ha - thanks Scorrie!

Sure many guys his age would be happy to have his looks! ;)

hails4
18-May-08, 20:50
sad to say for me but im in New York next Wednesday when this gets released!