PDA

View Full Version : Lpg Gas

BIG A
13-May-08, 19:19
The nearest place for LPG gas now is Skiach Services .
The pump at Evelix is out of order,not much use if you have a Gas car in Caithness [evil]

Kevin Milkins
13-May-08, 19:24
The pump at Evelix is out of order,not much use if you have a Gas car in Caithness [evil]

Or an opening for sombody to fill a need.
Is LPG the way to go?

joxville
13-May-08, 20:09
Or an opening for sombody to fill a need.
Is LPG the way to go?

Obviously not.:D

Kevin Milkins
13-May-08, 20:21
Obviously not.:D

Well not so obvious. As I understand it the previous supplier was an independant garage that has felt the effects of Tesco. I have to be carefull because I am not sure what the position is now, as when it was first posted some time ago it caused some issues. Lets say if it is a very viable option to run a car on LPG and the supply is no longer available this far north I would have thought another independant might add a string to there bow.

joxville
13-May-08, 20:40
Well not so obvious. As I understand it the previous supplier was an independant garage that has felt the effects of Tesco. I have to be carefull because I am not sure what the position is now, as when it was first posted some time ago it caused some issues. Lets say if it is a very viable option to run a car on LPG and the supply is no longer available this far north I would have thought another independant might add a string to there bow.

I was only joking with my previous post however I do understand what you mean about the previous supplier feeling the effects of Tesco, and unfortunately he won't be the only retailer to suffer at the hands of big stores.

Fran
14-May-08, 03:10

The nearest one is at the Fir Trees Restaurant and filling station AT DORNOCH on the main road.

BIG A
14-May-08, 09:11
The nearest one is at the Fir Trees Restaurant and filling station AT DORNOCH on the main road.
The Fir Trees Restaurant is at Evelix NOT Dornoch and this is where the out of order pump is,SO the nearest is at Skaich Services
It is so annoying when people post wrong info on here.:lol:

Fran
15-May-08, 01:56
My apologies, I have always thought the restaurant was on the main road at the Dornoch junction .. Also, the lpg was working last tuesday when i stopped there.

DeHaviLand
15-May-08, 14:40
Dont worry Fran, you are right in you're thinking. You just forgot about the pedantry, thats all:roll:.

bekisman
29-May-08, 14:40
The nearest LPG pump IS at The Tall Pines (well they are Fir Trees) Restaurant Evelix NOT Skaich Services [Stated address: Evelix Road, Dornoch, Sutherland IV25 3HR]. This is correct info on here

tommy1979
29-May-08, 18:08
The nearest LPG pump IS at The Fir Trees Restaurant Evelix NOT Skaich Services [Stated address: Evelix Road, Dornoch, Sutherland IV25 3HR]. This is correct info on here

haha get that one up ye BigA :lol:

floyed
29-May-08, 18:17
haha get that one up ye BigA

lol:lol::lol::lol:

BIG A
29-May-08, 19:45
The nearest LPG pump IS at The Tall Pines (well they are Fir Trees) Restaurant Evelix NOT Skaich Services [Stated address: Evelix Road, Dornoch, Sutherland IV25 3HR]. This is correct info on here

Yes so True there LPG pump was Repaired Last Monday Afternoon until then SKAICH was the nearest.
A LPG Pump may be opening in Caithness Again soon but i will not say anymore on that as you will all wish to know the Source of that info