PDA

View Full Version : charity

cuddlepop
13-May-08, 16:38
If you could only choose one charity to give a small donation too every month,who would it be and why ?

I'd give money to the SSPCA and my OH PDSA as you can tell we both love animals.:D

AfternoonDelight
13-May-08, 17:01
I sponsor a Tiger through WWF and I give a fiver a month to Shelter and Cancer Research. Always a bit concerned that the money actually goes to where they say it does though...

balto
13-May-08, 17:08
i would give it to the sspca as they really need all the donations they can get for all the brilliant work they do.

Anne x
13-May-08, 17:40
A tough one ! to be able to pick just one sorry Cuddlepop

I think it depends how something has affected or touched upon your life I subscribe to Heart Chest and Stroke and also Cancer Research but have made donations to The Hospice Homeaid etc by recycling Books Clothes etc for the shops to sell I think a lot of us subscribe to the street, supermarket and door collections and I buy the Big Issue and give them a cup of Coffee or Soup in the Cold Months when I can

KCI
13-May-08, 18:13
It's hard to pick just one charity!

I give money to SSPCA and Cats Protection on a regular basis, and WWF and IFAW once a year.

I also give to street collectors when I can.

trix
13-May-08, 18:17
i wid gie til 'e poor bairnies....

airdlass
13-May-08, 19:05
I would give to Arthritis Research - I have lived with the condition since I was a teenager.

golach
13-May-08, 19:22
Thats a good and very hard to answer question cuddlepop, there are so many deserving bodies that are all funded by charitable donations these days.
Its a question I have tried to tie myself down to, but sadly I cannot decide which is the better charity my money should go to. So I do try to give what I can to all the can shakers when I meet them, rather than just one specific charity. I do wish I could give more.

cuddlepop
13-May-08, 19:59
A tough one ! to be able to pick just one sorry Cuddlepop

I think it depends how something has affected or touched upon your life I subscribe to Heart Chest and Stroke and also Cancer Research but have made donations to The Hospice Homeaid etc by recycling Books Clothes etc for the shops to sell I think a lot of us subscribe to the street, supermarket and door collections and I buy the Big Issue and give them a cup of Coffee or Soup in the Cold Months when I can

It is tough to pick just one but then again where would you stop.
In my life alone I've required the help of the air abulance thats attached to Raigmore.Sick kids Yorkhill hospital,Scottish Society for Autism,Crossroads,HCF,CHIP+.MS societyand I've been homeless so shelter would have to get a donation.
At the end of the month I'd have no wages left at this rate.:lol:

Just have to win the lotto and share out accordingly.

joxville
13-May-08, 20:07
Childline is my chosen charity, vastly underfunded yet continuous Governments find money readily enough to help foreign relief efforts. I do believe we should help those in disaster zones but start giving to those in need at home first.

ciderally
13-May-08, 20:07
Humane Society International ....and my coin jar when full goes to the local animal/donkey sanctuary....

domino
13-May-08, 20:17
Surely in wick it would have to be the Lifeboats

Anne x
13-May-08, 20:18
It is tough to pick just one but then again where would you stop.
In my life alone I've required the help of the air abulance thats attached to Raigmore.Sick kids Yorkhill hospital,Scottish Society for Autism,Crossroads,HCF,CHIP+.MS societyand I've been homeless so shelter would have to get a donation.
At the end of the month I'd have no wages left at this rate.:lol:

Just have to win the lotto and share out accordingly.

your so right Cuddlepop thats what I meant by being hard to choose just one and like Golach I wish I could give more but a least we are all doing a bit Good Thread

Kismet
13-May-08, 20:37
I did that once and yes is too hard to pick just one. I had very little money to waste at the time but and felt guilty at not giving to everyone that asked. So I gave a set amount by direct debit to one charity once a month. I chose simply by choosing the first worthwile one I came across at the time. It was for deaf children. If had to choose from the many would be too hard, though would be tempted to go for sspca or sspcc or wwf oh dear see what I mean [lol]

Kismet
13-May-08, 20:40
Actually I take that back I think I would give to children in need if had to pick one.

porshiepoo
13-May-08, 21:12
Greek Animal Rescue, and I already do!

mr do dar
13-May-08, 21:16
I thought charity started at home well that what i was always told by my parents . So why the goverment are giving a way millions of pounds to the hard hit contries it make me mad and sad to think of all the poor people in this county that can not afford food and the repayment on there home . and then the goverment still tax use to high hells . Stop giving our british money away to them and we could cut down on the tax we have to pay on everyday living .

Kismet
13-May-08, 21:22
I think when is disasters abroad all countries chip in to help the afflicted country don't they. If the country has been hit by a terrible disaster or something I wouldn't grudge them it just so I could pay less tax we are not as unfortunate as some places. In fact we are luckier we are not as at the mercy to natural disasters as some and we should not look at it as this country and that weshould look at the world as a whole. Perhaps these places have not got the funds we have because they are more at the mercy of the forcesof nature. Earthquakes, volcanoes, tidal waves all of which we are lucky to not have to worry about yet.

Fran
14-May-08, 03:07
My top ones are macmillan cancer care and Wick District Nurses . I always give to them, because of the great help and equipment they provided for himself when he was dying last year. Also the Clydesdale Horse Sanctuary as I adore these gentle giants.

horseman
14-May-08, 07:45
I don't do foreign charitys,my hard earned stays local, that is in the uk.Mostly to all can shakers an dedicated to animal scroungers(beg pardon) charities.

candyfloss
14-May-08, 09:05
We give to Leukaemia Research evey month because i had it a few years ago.

padfoot
16-May-08, 01:19
sspca coz i luv animals