PDA

View Full Version : Green Energy Meeting Reminder

Rheghead
22-Nov-05, 17:59
The Highland Renewable Energy Strategy will be discussed in the Ross Institute Halkirk at 7pm tonight.

hereboy
22-Nov-05, 19:01
Rheghead,

it would be great if you could give us an update on how the meeting went (assuming you are going that is)...

cheers...

Rheghead
22-Nov-05, 23:50
Well, the meeting started with Graeme Smith saying that there will be Q&A session at the end but the audience weren't allowed to give their personal opinion on windfarms. That went down like a lead balloon straight away.

John Rennilson (JR) gave a well polished speech on the HRES. But he and the audience were just talking different languages in terms of windfarms. I actually accept that the HRES is a 'line drawn in the sand' but I am unhappy about how far that line is drawn from Caithness.

Basically the HRES facilitates the wholesale exploitation of the Highland region in 11 preferred areas. East Caithness being one of them.

There were a lot of good audience rants, one at the end nearly got a standing ovation, I gave 2 very small questions which weren't answered very well.

JR stated that the HRES wasn't a done deal but I generally find that those that say that generally are actually saying that it is a done deal.

Basically if a planning application is submitted which is outside the accepted areas then there is a presumption of rejection.

The hall was stoud out.

There was a rep from Aqua-tera in attendance who contributed.

One thing that I found puzzling was the lack of Caithnessian accents among the questioners...

Anybody else there?

The Kid
23-Nov-05, 00:19
Reghead

Like you I attended the open meeting in Halkirk this evening which I must say was well attended, maybe much to the dismay of the organisers !!

It was rightly said the event was poorly advertised by HC, maybe they didn't want may people there it would make their job easier then. However I am glad to see the community came together onced again and put their points forward.

hereboy
23-Nov-05, 01:06
Thanks for the update Rheghead....