PDA

View Full Version : Seaforth Hotel Castletown

Scarybiscuits03
12-May-08, 16:41
Does anyone know why this was closed down? Was it due to it being run down and lack of business?

Bobinovich
12-May-08, 19:56
I have fond memories of playing pool and helping stock the bar shelves in the 80's when my mum was a breakfast cook & cleaner there. It was George Mackay (aka Abrach) who owned it back then.

In it's latter years it was the Highlander Restaurant, run by Tom Scorer, which then moved to the cafe in the centre of the village (now also changed hands to the Taj Mahal Indian Restaurant!). After that the Seaforth, having been in poor condition for many years anyway, never recovered and was flattened to make way for 5 houses.

bekisman
12-May-08, 20:32
Is this the same place? From the Org in November 05

http://forum.caithness.org/showthread.php?t=4793

bobandag16
12-May-08, 21:02
I have fond memories of playing pool and helping stock the bar shelves in the 80's when my mum was a breakfast cook & cleaner there. It was George Mackay (aka Abrach) who owned it back then.

In it's latter years it was the Highlander Restaurant, run by Tom Scorer, which then moved to the cafe in the centre of the village (now also changed hands to the Taj Mahal Indian Restaurant!). After that the Seaforth, having been in poor condition for many years anyway, never recovered and was flattened to make way for 5 houses.
fond memory indeed power cut 21 birthtry party candles ruth will rember. how did that english b get to give a speec.h

poppett
12-May-08, 21:28
Not only was it Ruth`s 21st (I am sure she was related to the owners) but my 18th.......a joint birthday venture as we both had the same friends.....now is that mulit-tasking, or just cheapskate???