PDA

View Full Version : caithness.org

kingkeithy84
12-May-08, 15:47
Are people ever happy on caithness org? There is always someone moaning about the most pointless of things that are going on in there town? When i look through the threads all i read is people moaning about stupid things,cant people just say nice things about their town and stop moaning about pointless things. What do they expect will happen when they post threads? Just go and do something about it instead of hidding behind your pc's if you care that much.:mad:

MadPict
12-May-08, 16:00
Does moaning about the moaners count? [lol]

kingkeithy84
12-May-08, 16:08
lol yeah but i hardly ever post on the org i just read the threads. So this is my 1st moan so it doesnt count, haha. I put this thread up because i was sick of reading people moaning. Most of the people on this moan about the teenagers. Is this not a bit ageist? You never hear of teenager greeting about pensioners. They way they talk about teenagers in thurso and wick is like they are living in fear of them, Its like they are living in beirut.

kingkeithy84
12-May-08, 16:12
Some people have no lives..

rfr10
12-May-08, 16:31
I haven't really heard many people complain about teenagers on here but pleanty of people disagree with teenagers on certain topics. Not that anyone on here has disagreed with me before..... ;)

Phoebus_Apollo
12-May-08, 16:33
Tbh kingkeithy84 a lot of the teenager threads are not without justification - a small minority (as per usual) of chav and chavettes are making Thurso town center a "no-go zone" after dark...they also enjoy cycling in the middle of the road and crossing the road while cars are in transit.

armanisgirl
12-May-08, 16:43
I would have thought a forum is the place for a moan. some might be pointless to others, but for the person who posted it, it is a way of 'getting it off their chest' so to speak, without risking someone being offended face to face. Sometimes the moans may seem like fear (as in with the teenagers moan) and maybe it is, but in this society, who would actuallt approach a gang of teenagers that were annoying them? Certainly not me, and deffo not alone!

For some, this may be the only form of communication that they have with the world beyong their front door, the org might be their only family. Who else would you normally have a moan to? Your friends and/or family usually.

And, I must admit, I have seen many happier threads, meaningful, and also quite funny, even the moaning ones, or when the spelling police are about. That always makes me laugh.

I love a good moan like anyone else, and also do not post very often. I always try to think of how the other 'poster's' are feeling when they make their posts, and try to understand both sides of an arguement. I sometimes fail, and like others, take some comments a bit too personally, but the forum is designed for laughs, jokes, moans, long and short tales, being on your personal soap box, and also for the sadder times in life.

I have learnt over the years how to take things with a pinch of salt, how to look at something from all angles rather than the way it is initially presented. (Not that I could do that when I lived in Wick, so I apologise now to anyone I have annoyed, offended etc!).

So, please, stop and think of why someone is 'having a moan', and let them have their moan, with others agreeing or disagreeing with the viewpoint. Life is short enough without 'moaning' about 'moaners', and besides, moan in the right places and you might get a free meal etc!!

(I'm not on my 'soapbox' by the way, just feeing a bit sad and wanting to stick up for the unseen voices!! and don't let anyone put you off having a good moan if you need to!!!! xxxx)

rfr10
12-May-08, 16:46
Personally I refer to things on here as debates rather than arguments/ "moaning" unless of course, someone is deliberately posting something to get at people and their intentions are to start an argument but I tend to find that most the "arguments" are actually debates and although some get very heated at times, it never usually turns into an argument.

Fantoosh
12-May-08, 17:16
I think that maybe when people are greeting, they are just trying to make people aware of a certain situation, or maybe wanting to see whether other people have the same opinion on an issue as themselves.

silverfox57
12-May-08, 17:24
Are people ever happy on caithness org? There is always someone moaning about the most pointless of things that are going on in there town? When i look through the threads all i read is people moaning about stupid things,cant people just say nice things about their town and stop moaning about pointless things. What do they expect will happen when they post threads? Just go and do something about it instead of hidding behind your pc's if you care that much.:mad:
yeap one orger who is happy thank you.silverfox.

trix
12-May-08, 17:28
ma moan for 'e day is that am missin ma friend :~(:~(

EDDIE
12-May-08, 17:34

Nobodys asking u to read them and u have the same right as everyone to join the messageboard as well as the same right to leave if your not happy

rob murray
12-May-08, 17:37

It all depends doesnt it ? Some people start threads to get a bit of debate going so as to provide information / inform / educate. So when you say moaning maybe you should seperate moans out from legitmate concerns that currently occupy Caithnessians..such as

1 The loss of government jobs in Wick
2 The first large scale Dounreay redundancies ( in 5- 6 years time ) and the lack of any alternative jobs to take their place
3 The political neglect of Wick High School
4 Loss of local government and local decision making and how this has badly hit local communities

Apart from that, life is great and the weather is fine

EDDIE
12-May-08, 17:40
big issue

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

i am sick of going into that co-op and being asked to buy the big issue by the foreign girl outside. does any one else think she needs to be moved from there? she does my head in! i am sure she must irritate other people who go into the co-op on daily basis.

The above statement is a post started by u look whos moaning now kingkeithy84
all i can say is pot kettle black?.

DeHaviLand
12-May-08, 17:54
ma moan for 'e day is that am missin ma friend

I told you, I'll be back a week today ;):lol:

Lord Flasheart
12-May-08, 17:55

Am I the only one that sees the irony here ?? ...... *Edit : Sorry Mad Pict*

You start a thread moaning about the people on the Org who are moaning on the Org.

Standby for my thread moaning about the people on the org who go on the org moaning about the people on the Org who are moaning .. ;)

And before the outrage heads my way .. Im kidding Ok ?? .. :roll:

kingkeithy84
12-May-08, 17:56
yeah i did start that post about the big issue girl EDDIE, to see if any one else was getting annoyed about it, you bringing that thread back up just proves to me how sad some of the people are on the org. It just annoys me how people on the org wont face their problems with teenagers ect, face to face with the people who they are annoyed about. instead they just hid behind their pcs. Moaning on the org is not going to change anything.

i like caithness.org i just dont like it being filled with people gurning and being toff nosed about thurso. It seems like everyone on here think they are better then everyone.

kingkeithy84
12-May-08, 18:02
I did face my problem with the woman selling the big issue, but when i asked her to move and not to ask me,she couldn't understand a word of english apart from "money" and "big issue" surprise surprise. I am just glad she is no longer there begging. I am in favor of people coming over to scotland from other countries as long as they can provide a skill and are useful to the country, i dont think standing out side the co-op selling big issue is befitting our country. any idiot can do that and they should be shipped back asap.:mad:

kingkeithy84
12-May-08, 18:04
i wont be posting any more moans as i will be contradicting myself.

trix
12-May-08, 18:15
i wont be posting any more moans as i will be contradicting myself.

i thank ma goddess :roll:

am doon enough as'ed is withoot ye moanin.....

I told you, I'll be back a week today

ha ha - very funny....ye make me laugh oot loud fast boy.....or is'ed 'e image i hev in ma heid o' ye in yer shorts thats crackin me up :lol:

spose it could o' bin worse....could o' bin hotpants....

Lord Flasheart
12-May-08, 18:22
I did face my problem with the woman selling the big issue, but when i asked her to move and not to ask me,she couldn't understand a word of english apart from "money" and "big issue" surprise surprise. I am just glad she is no longer there begging. I am in favor of people coming over to scotland from other countries as long as they can provide a skill and are useful to the country, i dont think standing out side the co-op selling big issue is befitting our country. any idiot can do that and they should be shipped back asap.:mad:

RANT ON .. *CLICK*

So if you cant provide a skill and be "useful" to the country you should be "shipped back" ??

Paid a lot of Tax lately have we ??, bring a lot of useful skills to the country do we ??, exactly how useful are you as an individual to the country ??

The woman is selling the Big Issue because she is homeless and trying to get out of that situation. Im sorry if her presence offends you but it is not "begging".

Life has many twists and turns my friend and one day that might well be you. I discovered a few years back an old colleague was homeless, the stigma and sense of worthlessness is almost unbearable. He was a changed man, I wouldnt wish it on my worst enemy.

RANT OFF ... *CLICK*

Nothing personal mate .. just having a moan .. ;)

kingkeithy84
12-May-08, 18:45
yes lord flasheart they should be shipped back ,Scotland doesn't need another homeless person, not one from another country anyway we find it hard to help the Scottish homeless. Come to Britain land of free money! if they are struggling in their own country don't come over here and beg stay in your own country and beg there, dont make it scotlands problem! they see britian as a bunch of mugs who give everything out for free.

I would love the opportunity to go to another country and make four times what i get in Scotland.then save it all and take it back to my country. like all the foreigners are doing, its destroying our economy. Its a terrible state of affairs!

i do provide a skill to the country i am a chef and have been for the past 6 years, i pay all my taxes for these idiots coming over from poland, czeck ect, give the jobs to scottish people, not some person from europe who will work for £1 an hour. its ridiculous and its seems every one is happy to let this happen to our country.

Ash
12-May-08, 18:47
yes lord flasheart they should be shipped back ,Scotland doesn't need another homeless person, not one from another country anyway we find it hard to help the Scottish homeless. Come to Britain land of free money! if they are struggling in their own country don't come over here and beg stay in your own country and beg there, dont make it scotlands problem! they see britian as a bunch of mugs who give everything out for free.

I would love the opportunity to go to another country and make four times what i get in Scotland.then save it all and take it back to my country. like all the foreigners are doing, its destroying our economy. Its a s***e state of affairs!

i do provide a skill to the country i am a chef and have been for the past 6 years, i pay all my taxes for these idiots coming over from poland, czeck ect, give the jobs to scottish people, not some person from europe who will work for £1 an hour. its ridiculous and its seems every one is happy to let this happen to our country.

well said :D:D

kingkeithy84
12-May-08, 18:55
thank you least i am not alone. I bet plenty people agree with me but are too scared in case they are classed as a racist. I am not a racist, i just feel very strongly about it.:mad:

Tighsonas4
12-May-08, 20:07
MOANING
got to say i studied the forum long before i joined so that when i did i came with an open mind [lol]them on here could range in age from 9 to 90 and you can never tell male from female [lol]
was chatting to someone night before last and next its says suspended
initially you think has that anything to do with me.
i feel for the ones who run thhe shoow here regards to alll tony

Tighsonas4
12-May-08, 20:09
no moans about the spelling remember [lol] tony

silverfox57
12-May-08, 20:21
MOANING
got to say i studied the forum long before i joined so that when i did i came with an open mind [lol]them on here could range in age from 9 to 90 and you can never tell male from female [lol]
was chatting to someone night before last and next its says suspended
initially you think has that anything to do with me.
i feel for the ones who run thhe shoow here regards to alll tony
I agree with you tighsonas we need to kept a open mind on here,as life is to short for moaning, live and let live:lol:

trix
12-May-08, 20:34
i feel for the ones who run the show here regards to all tony

hi tony, sorry, corrected yer spellin by accident....!

am feelin sorry for masel enite...

im up til ma eyes in homework an im misin ma friend terribly :~(:~(

balto
12-May-08, 20:58
i for one dont really think of it as moaning but expressing your opinion, slight difference to moning me thinks.

bobandag16
12-May-08, 21:29
live for today as tomorrow never comes moaning and groaning keeps us going, as you grow older u willask y me

twiglet
12-May-08, 21:51
Well, I am generaly happy. If I don't like it, I try and change it, if I can't change it, what's the point of moaning about it. Must admit to the odd gripe on occasion. I'm only human.

Some people enjoy a good row on the boards which is fine but often the origional thread gets way off track in the hijack process. This really annoys me. Someone should start a thread for arguments sake.

Life is too short for petty arguments, sometimes you just need to sit back and let others get on with it.

padfoot
12-May-08, 22:27
i would just like to say i agree with keith on the big issue lassie who has now gone and is replaced by an old woman (coz she was pissin me off ask u wen u go in ask u wen u go out sumone ask me and my mum wen we came out my mum said no and out the trolley away and asked again as my mum came bk round rediculus)that wat is the point in them cumin over here to b homless better off stayin in there own country

northener
12-May-08, 22:39
I would love the opportunity to go to another country and make four times what i get in Scotland.then save it all and take it back to my country. like all the foreigners are doing, its destroying our economy. Its a terrible state of affairs!

Nice tantrum. Could you back up any of this with fact or is this just you moaning on the .Org?[lol]

EDDIE
12-May-08, 22:48

who on earth do u think u are asking someone to move?.People that sell big issue are people that are homeless and have problems so its not fair to call them an idiot it could happen to anyone the idiot is the person who asks them to move on with no thought behind there actions.

DeHaviLand
12-May-08, 22:57

Can we assume you'll be applying for the job, as you appear to have the necessary qualifications?

trix
12-May-08, 22:58
[quote=twiglet;382972]Well, I am generaly happy. If I don't like it, I try and change it, if I can't change it, what's the point of moaning about it. Must admit to the odd gripe on occasion. I'm only human.
[quote]

aye, i totally agree twiglet...im usually 'e happiest person ye'l ever meet, full o' e' joys o' life....but im so stressed oot wi ma studies ifanow, am crackin up :eek:

iv got less than a month til go an am on deadlines...so frustrated :mad:

roll on june...

EDDIE
12-May-08, 23:04

They maybey make for times more in there own currency but buy the time they pay all there bills and live here its not that much reallywhen then send money back .
whether u provide a skill to the country like being a chef a binman has just as important role to play as a chef imagine if there was no binmen to take away your rubbish there would be disease all over the place point being skilled and unskilled workers play vital roles in the community.
Local business would be more than happy to take on local workers but the problem is they cant get workers for the hourly rate for that type of job because some people are more happy to sign on and polish people get the same hourly rate as locals.And these foriegn workers are good for the econemy they are paying all the taxes the locals are paying and yes there taxes goes towards paying for unemployed locals that dont want to work as well.
And like everything else in life there is going to be a certain percentage of bad foriegners as there is in locals and from what ive seen polish workers are good workers.

Lord Flasheart
13-May-08, 07:14

Perhaps if some of the fat lazy scroungers from our own country got of their backsides and took the jobs that were available then we would not need the migrant workers who are coming in and on the whole working hard and paying taxes just like you. so what if they send the cash home to their families ??, I dont care what they do as long as they pay tax on their earnings. All the poles I have met have a serious work ethic and dont seem to whinge and moan as much as the native workers, and dont forget the Poles were some of our staunchest allies in the last war. The way they were cast aside after VE day was a disgrace. So what if they are taking jobs at a lower rate than the Brits expect ??, its a big bad world out there and if you arent prepared to work for a certain amount then dont complain if someone else does. The world does not owe a you a living and certainly not because you are a native. Plenty of times in Wick I saw people who couldnt be bothered to work complaining about what those that did had.

You seem to be a bit confused as you are classing migrant workers who are paying tax and contributing with those looking for a free ride. I would agree that those looking for handouts (the vast majority are ayslum seekers) should be told to get knotted, but then so should the lazy natives who are nothing more than benefit sponges, and we have plenty of those with a scottish accent. Or is it alright to scrounge because you were born here ??

And I still think you were out of line regarding the woman selling the big issue, courtesy costs you zero.

MadPict
13-May-08, 11:23
i would just like to say i agree with keith on the big issue lassie who has now gone and is replaced by an old woman (coz she was pissin me off ask u wen u go in ask u wen u go out sumone ask me and my mum wen we came out my mum said no and out the trolley away and asked again as my mum came bk round rediculus)that wat is the point in them cumin over here to b homless better off stayin in there own country

I didn't know having a good memory for faces is a requirement for selling the Big Issue. They just ask whoever walks towards them...

As for foreign workers coming to the UK and 'stealing all our money to send home', if they pay their taxes then they are aiding the economy of this country. What they do with that money once it is theirs is none of our business. Far better ethic to send money home to support your family than to spend it all on drink and drugs.
And where is the difference between someone moving from Wick to London, or even further afield, and 'sending money home' to their bank account in Wick for their other half to pay the bills, clothe the kids and feed the family, and a Pole moving from Krakow to Peterborugh, working in a job no Brit wants to do, and doing the same with his income?
All part of a free borderless Europe - many want to be closer to Europe so expect more foreign workers.

And I'd rather live on a street of Polish workers than next to an illegal encampment of landgrabbing freeloading pikeys....

Some people enjoy a good row on the boards which is fine but often the origional thread gets way off track in the hijack process. This really annoys me. Someone should start a thread for arguments sake.

Well this thread has been well and truly hijacked...:D

hotrod4
13-May-08, 13:17
Sometimes people are happy (very rarely though)
There are some who lie in the Bushes waiting for someone to come along so they can have a good snipe at them!!!!! and hijack the thread.
Sad but true :(

hotrod4
13-May-08, 13:20
Just noticed the thread had been hijacked again!!!.
Why do people have to veer away from the topic?
Ah well maybe its a new rule that I havent been informed about!

balto
13-May-08, 16:04
just dont make eye contact with her, thats what i do and so far i have escaped, mind you mayby she does ask but i have switched of from her.

DeHaviLand
13-May-08, 17:13
just dont make eye contact with her, thats what i do and so far i have escaped, mind you mayby she does ask but i have switched of from her.

Wow, you would rather do that than just be polite and say " no thank you"? What an impression you must be leaving her with.:(

Cedric Farthsbottom III
13-May-08, 17:40
What I liked about the org was the humour and the moaning.The humour was given the hee-ho,the moaning rules.

balto
13-May-08, 20:28
Wow, you would rather do that than just be polite and say " no thank you"? What an impression you must be leaving her with.:(sometimes it is the only way to get these people to understand that you mean no.

Kismet
13-May-08, 21:07
I say no thank you and once bought one, but find having to say no thankyou within ten seconds of just having said it mildly irritating.

Nothing wrong with a good moan though just to take the topic back to what it was, as someone said just people getting stuff off their chests as did the thread starter get off his chest about all the other people getitng stuff off their chests [lol][lol][lol]

trix
13-May-08, 21:30
Nothing wrong with a good moan though just to take the topic back to what it was, as someone said just people getting stuff off their chests as did the thread starter get off his chest about all the other people getitng stuff off their chests [lol][lol]

exactly...if everyone is choost hevin a moan an getin stuff off their chests....i fail til see far aboots 'e thread wis 'highjacked' :confused

Tilter
13-May-08, 23:46

Aye well, back to the beginning. They should rewrite the BT ad and say "It's Good to Moan." In fact I belong to a Moaning Club and we meet for lunch every day at work. We have such a good moan we end up laughing our heads off at ourselves and everyone we're moaning about, and feel lots better afterwards.