PDA

View Full Version : Hours now

Boozeburglar
12-May-08, 02:59
I have just got in after 8 hours of hearing search and rescue scouring the firth.

These guys are still airborne.

Nearly 3 am and God knows when they will get to lay their heads.

Send your prayers to those in peril and those in the same out to rescue them.

horseman
12-May-08, 06:46
amen to that bb

Margaret M.
12-May-08, 15:03
I hope whomever you were searching for is found safely. Where would we be without the courageous folks who are willing to put their own lives on the line to help others? Thanks to you BB and everyone who partakes in search and rescue.

northener
12-May-08, 22:48
.....Ditto.

jings00
12-May-08, 22:48
yip indeedy. on yersels.

domino
12-May-08, 22:51
You have to admire them .i do not know if I could do it. we have a lot to be grateful for

DeHaviLand
12-May-08, 22:52
Maybe I've got this completely wrong, but I dont think BB was doing the search and rescue. More than happy to be corrected though.

Fran
13-May-08, 03:49
I think they were looking for a young german man, they found his car unlocked with keys in the ignition but havent found him.

Boozeburglar
13-May-08, 11:16
I was in and out hearing and seeing them, not involved, lol!

Totally amazes me the tireless efforts these people put in, and a lot of them get very little support in their efforts.

:)

balto
13-May-08, 16:07
it is these men and woman that deserve the medals, for risking their lives to go and rescue folk, who do things without thinking of the trouble they are going to get themselves into, therefore risking the people who are snet out to save them.

dirdyweeker
13-May-08, 18:10
it is these men and woman that deserve the medals, for risking their lives to go and rescue folk, who do things without thinking of the trouble they are going to get themselves into, therefore risking the people who are snet out to save them.

sad to say but some of these people who risks their lives,certainly do not think of the rescuers at the time, or of the trouble they are getting themselves into, as their mind is not how it should be. It is sympathy they need not criticism. Mental illness can be difficult for some folk to understand.The despair they must feel at times.
Bravo to those who do help.

balto
13-May-08, 20:26
sad to say but some of these people who risks their lives,certainly do not think of the rescuers at the time, or of the trouble they are getting themselves into, as their mind is not how it should be. It is sympathy they need not criticism. Mental illness can be difficult for some folk to understand.The despair they must feel at times.
Bravo to those who do help.aye i am not saying that everyone that needs help has done it without any thought to the people that rescue them, but the people that go out say to sea without proper equipment or climbers that dont have the correct equipment, those are the people that are risking their rescuers lives.

dirdyweeker
13-May-08, 22:12
aye i am not saying that everyone that needs help has done it without any thought to the people that rescue them, but the people that go out say to sea without proper equipment or climbers that dont have the correct equipment, those are the people that are risking their rescuers lives.

you are right. There are folk who could help themselves by taking precautions in the first instance. No rescue operation team are happy to rescue folk who ignore advice.