PDA

View Full Version : Threads getting moved

TBH
12-May-08, 01:43
This is confusing: I type a thread about the uefa cup and post it in the sports sub-forum, it gets moved to General forum. Macdwight posts in the General forum about the uefa cup and it gets moved to the sports sub-forum.
What is going on folks?:confused

DeHaviLand
12-May-08, 11:25
Aye, and we need to be more confused:roll:. The sports sub-forum is supposed to be for Caithness sports only. Obviously chatting about something like the UEFA cup lowers the tone of the forum.

Wasn't it the case that we would be promised explanations whenever a thread was moved or removed?

This thread will be removed in 10 - 9 - 8 - :lol:

Bobinovich
12-May-08, 12:15
No, a thread being moved needs no explanation as there should be a link left to follow to its new location. Threads being deleted should, where the action is by a Moderator, have an explanation unless it is where only the OP has posted, in which case a PM (or warning/infraction if justified) is usually sent to the OP to explain why it was removed.

TBH
12-May-08, 12:27
No, a thread being moved needs no explanation as there should be a link left to follow to its new location. Threads being deleted should, where the action is by a Moderator, have an explanation unless it is where only the OP has posted, in which case a PM (or warning/infraction if justified) is usually sent to the OP to explain why it was removed.I'm not really fussed where the thread ended up just curious as I thought the sports forum was the proper place for a thread relating to a sporting matter.
That is why I posted it there. Yes I know the forum is for matters relating to Caithness sports but I thought as it is a special occassion with a scottish team in a European final then nobody would mind.

theone
12-May-08, 14:43
I PM'd bill about this.

One of the mods doesn't realise the sports section is for local sports only.

Kevin Milkins
12-May-08, 16:28
I was a bit mistified when the post about names just disapeared. I could not see anything heavy duty on or the Org going wonky again. Can anybody shine a light in that dark corner?

hotrod4
13-May-08, 13:55
This happened to me as well when I started a thread about Artur Borucgate.
The thread was closed without so much as an explanation.
If a moderator doesn't like the subject then they can close a thread?
There was no malicousness by anyone in the thread just healthy constructive pros and cons.
I have seen threads with words in them that should be removed and there not!!!!
An explanation would have been nice and courteous(after all isnt that on the forum rules or are mods exempt?) :(

MadPict
13-May-08, 14:18
I was a bit mistified when the post about names just disapeared. I could not see anything heavy duty on or the Org going wonky again. Can anybody shine a light in that dark corner?

You mean this thread? - http://forum.caithness.org/showthread.php?t=47111

As far as I can see it is still open - it just dropped off the 'front page' (current position is bottom of page 8)...

Buttercup
13-May-08, 14:52
You mean this thread? - http://forum.caithness.org/showthread.php?t=47111

As far as I can see it is still open - it just dropped off the 'front page' (current position is bottom of page 8)...

I may be wrong but I don't think it's that one he means. There was one about favoutrite names etc that seems to have vanished. :confused (or perhaps I'm needing glasses.:lol:

Bobinovich
13-May-08, 16:17

It turned out that the Names thread was started as the result of a personal spat between two Orgers, hence why it ended up being removed. It is unfortunate because a lot of other members had contributed to it but that's how it goes when petty behind-the-scenes one-upmanship is going on.

Kevin Milkins
13-May-08, 16:30
It turned out that the Names thread was started as the result of a personal spat between two Orgers, hence why it ended up being removed. It is unfortunate because a lot of other members had contributed to it but that's how it goes when petty behind-the-scenes one-upmanship is going on.

Well that explains it .I must admit I think I go through life with my head in the clouds as all I noticed was a bit of qaulity banter. I was begining to wonder if I said somthing untowards,but I got no red box's so I must be in the clear.lol :lol:. Thanks for that B/B

Buttercup
13-May-08, 17:00
Thanks for clearing that up Bobinovich, but that doesn't appear to follow with what you said, or did I miss the explaination? :confused
Quote "Threads being deleted should, where the action is by a Moderator, have an explanation"

Cedric Farthsbottom III
13-May-08, 17:17
Threads and posts disappear all the time.The Moderators are in charge.As I said to a good pal of mine on the org,"ye get out of it what ye want out of it."UEFA Cup tomorrow night,won't be near the org to type.To busy watchin.

Bobinovich
13-May-08, 21:37
Thanks for clearing that up Bobinovich, but that doesn't appear to follow with what you said, or did I miss the explaination? :confused
Quote "Threads being deleted should, where the action is by a Moderator, have an explanation"

In this case the thread was moved by Admin, not a Moderator.

Buttercup
13-May-08, 22:15
OK Bob, thanks.