PDA

View Full Version : Caithness Fm Toy Appeal

CFM
22-Nov-05, 12:06
Caithness FM are once again running a toy appeal for less fortunate children in Caithness. New, unwrapped toys can be delivered to our studio in Neil Gunn Drive, Thurso any evening between 7-12pm.

This year, toys can also be delivered to the Somerfield stores in both Wick and Thurso or if you'll be in Thurso on 3rd Dec for the fun day why not visit CFM outside McAllans shop and deliver your present in person - every little can make a big difference.

Every toy donated will be distributed to a child in Caithness.

Thank you

pedromcgrory
23-Nov-05, 01:18
nice ,never new about it before hope everyone one who uses the forum will donate ,as i dont like the thought of a child waking up on christmas to find nothing whoever they are ,as i guess you who is reading, didnt when we were young ,

CFM
23-Nov-05, 11:01
thanks for that pedromcgrory

BT Global Services in Thurso have also agreed to have a box for donations in their office so if any of you work at BT/Manpower you can donate there

Don Quixote
25-Nov-05, 11:00
Great to see that CFM are running this again this year!

Can anyone tell me the age groups that are being catered for so that I can buy something appropriate.

Was wondering if perhaps a Woolies Token or some such token would be acceptable for older children?

Best of luck with your appeal!!

CFM
27-Nov-05, 10:59
we take donations for all ages of children, older children are some times forgotten about and a voucher or perhaps toiletries for teenage girls etc would be most welcome

thank you for your interest

Don Quixote
28-Nov-05, 10:25
Sorry - me again!!

What is the closing date for your appeal?

CFM
28-Nov-05, 13:00
we'll be collecting in the boxes on 16th Dec so that they can be delivered to the social work department in Wick in time for their staff to distribute them

Don Quixote
28-Nov-05, 13:35
Thanks, after all those questions I will make sure that I contribute something.

CFM
28-Nov-05, 19:56
thank you for your interest - every gift helps

laguna2
29-Nov-05, 17:27
... will look for something on Saturday and hand it over to you then!!!!

CFM
30-Nov-05, 13:36
thanks laguna2 - come and introduce yourself!

laguna2
30-Nov-05, 14:56
If you are not too busy I certainly will.

Don Quixote
01-Dec-05, 09:36
I know this is maybe not the correct place to ask this - but why is the reception on MFR during the day so erratic? Sometimes there is a lot of interference.

It is OK at night though when CFM is on.

CFM
01-Dec-05, 10:38
Just to clarify things - MFR and CFM broadcast on the same frequency but using different equipment, their signal is nothing to do with CFM but I can tell you that about two weeks ago their receiver at the mast broke down, as a temporary measure they have put in a replacement receiver however this one is not specifically for that location and has a wider band width and is consequently picking up a lot of interference from other equipment on the mast. Unfortunately their signal will continue to be of poorer quality until they can get the proper receiver repaired/replaced - these machines need to be specially made and it can take time but they do hope it will not be much longer.

CFM
04-Dec-05, 10:16
just like to say a big thank you to everyone who came and gave toys at the Thurso Fun Day - it was much appreciated

evelyn
04-Dec-05, 14:27
Are there any particular age group /sex that you are short of gifts for?
evelyn

CFM
04-Dec-05, 16:47
we are told that teenagers are most likely to be forgotten about so perhaps a gift suitable for teenage boys would be a good idea. thanks for your interest

Viva Diva
05-Dec-05, 22:24
This is a great appeal, so worth a discreet bump I feel...
I donated at BT, there wasn't a lot in the box but there's still time people!

CFM
06-Dec-05, 09:25
thanks for the reminder to everyone viva dive - we should however point out that the collection box at BT is for employees only, members of the public wishing to donate can visit either the Caithness FM studio or the Somerfield stores in Wick and Thurso

CFM
12-Dec-05, 09:20
last week of the toy appeal folks and a big thank you to everyone who has already given.

collection points at both Somerfield shops and of course the CFM studio. There is also a box at BT for employees

thanks again

Liz
16-Dec-05, 19:08
Caithness FM are once again running a toy appeal for less fortunate children in Caithness. New, unwrapped toys can be delivered to our studio in Neil Gunn Drive, Thurso any evening between 7-12pm.

This year, toys can also be delivered to the Somerfield stores in both Wick and Thurso or if you'll be in Thurso on 3rd Dec for the fun day why not visit CFM outside McAllans shop and deliver your present in person - every little can make a big difference.

Every toy donated will be distributed to a child in Caithness.

Thank you

I went to Somerfield in Wick today with toys for the appeal and they knew nothing about it?:confused:

Afraid I can't manage up to Thurso with them by tomorrow!:(

Liz
16-Dec-05, 19:21
Oops! I thought the 16th was tomorrow so it looks like I am too late.Would have thought the staff member in Somerfield would have known this though!

CFM
18-Dec-05, 18:39
Sorry to hear you had difficullty donating to the toy appeal.

We spoke to the Manager of Somerfield to make arrangements for toys to be donated there and were unaware that there may have been a problem.

We will try to ensure that this is sorted out for next year, If you have already bought a gift for inclusion this year, you can still drop it off to the social work department in Wick.

Than you for your interest and We hope you have a Very Merry Christmas.

CFM
23-Dec-05, 11:55
just a final word on this topic to thank everyone for making this year's toy appeal a terrific success, we'd especially like to thank the Dounreay Charities Board, staff and management at BT Global Services, Management, staff and customers of Somerfield in both Wick and Thurso and of course all Caithness FM listeners. The amount of toys collected this year was amazing and we hope to send Bill some photos for posting to let you see. thanks again and a very Merry Christmas to you all