PDA

View Full Version : A lazy day

dellwak
11-May-08, 21:07
Thought I would tell yoos lot about my day today, tucked away as I am in my little corner of south west Germany.
I decided to bring this beautiful sunny day out on our patio watching the world go by.
I was kept company by a bunch of sparrows, called spatze in the local lingo. I call this lot the Spatz Gang. They come every year and I know them well.
A black bird and his mate spent the entire day hopping around the bushes and telling us off for invading their territory when they were only too sure we had better things to do.
A magpie pair were into the construction business all day, building a nest in a neighbours tree.
As I don’t have a telephoto lens for my cheapo camera, I laid some very enticing twigs on the lawn and added a piece of silver paper to grab their attention and tempt them down. But the Spatz Gang nicked the silver paper.
A couple of redstart passed through to see what all the noise about.
And the absolute highlight of the day was when a big red kite floated over and glided in circles for ten minutes checking me and the cat out to see if we were dead yet. We had to disappoint him cos neither of us into dead at the moment.
Then a bunch of crows came over and mobbed him until he went away.
And how was your day?