PDA

View Full Version : ideas please

elastic band
11-May-08, 20:18
we have a polish student (age 16 we think) coming to stay for a week in June and wondered if anyone had any interesting suggestions on where to take him and what to do. Think most things will have to be during the weekend or evenings as school are organising during the days i think (well hope).

thanks again guys

Kevin Milkins
11-May-08, 20:21
we have a polish student (age 16 we think) coming to stay for a week in June and wondered if anyone had any interesting suggestions on where to take him and what to do. Think most things will have to be during the weekend or evenings as school are organising during the days i think (well hope).

thanks again guys

You could put him to build a fence, a week should be plenty.lol:lol:

mccaugm
11-May-08, 20:52

thanks again guys

Bowling, cinema, historical sites locally (dependant on the individuals interest), sports centre, spin to Inverness and its sites, along the west coast. You could ask your student what interests them and take it from there. Look at the whats on's on Caithness.Org for ideas for the week the student is over. There is bound to be something novel over June going on. Enlist the help of a teenager you know locally to see if they can help.

Julia
11-May-08, 21:18
How about John O' Groats, Reiss Beach, Camster Cairns, Whaligoe Steps, swimming pool, paintballing, quad biking, Black Isle wildlife park, Falls of Shin, Big Burn waterfalls at Golspie, forest walk at Dunnet

elastic band
11-May-08, 21:36
good so far folks -just keep them coming -just want the lad to have a good time and feel welcome.

trix
11-May-08, 23:18
when i wis in 'e school i went over til krakov for a week and then 'e polish lascie came an stayed wi me....

'e school sorted oot 'e days aye, an' at nite we choost knocked aboot 'e hoose an hed a laugh....she even hed a kiss wi ma brither....

funny, when i stayed wi her i hed a kiss wi her brither :lol:

teenagers can entertain themsels alrite...hopefully yel no hev til worry...

on seconds thoughts, hev ye got any daughters?? [lol]

sjr014
12-May-08, 09:22
Day trip to Orkney fae Groats, done it twice and its fab xxx

poppett
12-May-08, 22:04
Wick Heritage Museum