PDA

View Full Version : Caithness Auctions Calling

Frey
11-May-08, 17:45
Hi everyone,

As most of you will know, we have been organising an auction to take place in the Weigh Inn's Pentland Suite on 14th/15th June weekend. This will hopefully be the beginning of a permenant auctionhouse for the county.

We have a telephone number for registering items for the auction on 01847 871 364. We have posters around the county advertising and we have designed a website where you can also register at www.caithnessauctions.co.uk (http://www.caithnessauctions.co.uk).

The auction date is drawing closer, a month away, and as of this moment it is touch and go whether we have enough items to go ahead with the sale and our venture. I am hoping it is the matter of it being such a beautiful week weather wise this past seven day and people are waiting off a bit before registering items.

For all of you who do wish to register items for the auction, give us a wee message of faith. We need to know if it is all still full steam ahead as we had a huge positive response when it was first mentioned.

Thanks guys

unicorn
11-May-08, 17:52
The website looks great and a fantastic idea to have the item list online.

martin macdonald
11-May-08, 18:46
all the best for your auction venture. sundays not a good day for me so i wont be there

BIG A
11-May-08, 19:53
Sunday not the best of Days for me so will have to stick with QuoyBrae sales

Torvaig
11-May-08, 22:11
Have you done an advert in the local press; Groat and Courier? That's where the others who run auctions always advertise.
I would think many people won't register right away; my bet is that it will all be left until the last week!
Good luck and I hope you get overwhelmed with items.....

TBH
12-May-08, 01:22
all the best for your auction venture. sundays not a good day for me so i wont be thereEven for 3 scooby snacks?:lol:
On a serious note I hope everything goes well for you Frey and you and yours have every success in the future.

anneoctober
12-May-08, 18:16
Hi everyone,

As most of you will know, we have been organising an auction to take place in the Weigh Inn's Pentland Suite on 14th/15th June weekend. This will hopefully be the beginning of a permenant auctionhouse for the county.

We have a telephone number for registering items for the auction on 01847 871 364. We have posters around the county advertising and we have designed a website where you can also register at www.caithnessauctions.co.uk (http://www.caithnessauctions.co.uk).

The auction date is drawing closer, a month away, and as of this moment it is touch and go whether we have enough items to go ahead with the sale and our venture. I am hoping it is the matter of it being such a beautiful week weather wise this past seven day and people are waiting off a bit before registering items.

For all of you who do wish to register items for the auction, give us a wee message of faith. We need to know if it is all still full steam ahead as we had a huge positive response when it was first mentioned.

Thanks guys
I think the majority of folkies, will want to "sus" out your operation Frey, before taking the plunge. I'm afraid I'm a buyer and me OH won't sell anything - unless it's a car :lol:......Take heart, as they say "it'll be alright on the day" !! ;)