PDA

View Full Version : Male or Female Boss

Anne x
11-May-08, 14:31
A Male or Female Boss
Who do you prefer to work for ?

I personally prefer a Male boss maybe I just had a bad experience and my judgement is a little clouded I always found male bosses more fair and understanding

what are your experiences ?

Anne x

Angela
11-May-08, 14:42
lol Anne, I was about to say my experience was similar when I remembered one man I worked for for a whole 5 weeks!

The one time in my life that I left without giving any notice....:eek:

Most days at about 4pm he would take off his glasses very carefully, then bang his head hard on the desk until his forehead looked bruised and sore.

Then he very carefully replaced his glasses.

Of course it might have been me who was driving him mad! ;)

golach
11-May-08, 14:47
Have worked with both male and female bosses, some were great some were not so great.
In my last few years at work, I had a female Line Manager, and she had a female Line Manager, I got on well with both, but they did not like each other [lol]
As an owld married man, I know who my boss is, and she must be obeyed [lol]

Anne x
11-May-08, 19:18
lol Anne, I was about to say my experience was similar when I remembered one man I worked for for a whole 5 weeks!

The one time in my life that I left without giving any notice....:eek:

Most days at about 4pm he would take off his glasses very carefully, then bang his head hard on the desk until his forehead looked bruised and sore.

Then he very carefully replaced his glasses.

Of course it might have been me who was driving him mad! ;)

lol Angela I got me thinking as well

must say though all my female bosses were not bad just the odd bad apple [lol]

NickInTheNorth
11-May-08, 19:28
I don't care about the gender of who ever I work for. All I ask is that they are fair and capable of doing the job they are paid to do.

I currently work for an overwhelming female dominated management team, and can honestly say it's one of the best management teams I've ever had the pleasure to work for.

mccaugm
11-May-08, 19:34
I'm female and I prefer to work for a bloke as (in general) they are fairer, more sympathetic and have less to prove personally. Some of the women I have worked for in the past have been unfair, unpleasant and out for themselves, not all I hasten to add.

I like someone who understands all the in's and outs of management and not someone who got the job because of who they were friendly with at the time. Someone who motivates because its in their nature and not because its expected of them.

helenwyler
11-May-08, 22:37
I'm self-employed Anne, so have a female boss.

There's just no pleasing her....she tells me off, then makes me tea. Praises me for a good job done, and then asks why I haven't cleaned the kitchen floor yet. She follows me around all day, and won't even answer the phone when I'm in the loo :roll:.

alanatkie
11-May-08, 23:00
I agree with NickInTheNorth
I don't care about the gender of who ever I work for. All I ask is that they are fair and capable of doing the job they are paid to do.

Well i've worked for both female & male bosses,it dosen't matter on the gender it matters on the individual.

TBH
12-May-08, 01:20
I think prefering a female or a male boss depends on if you are male or female.

Anne x
12-May-08, 01:22
I think prefering a female or a male boss depends on if you are male or female.

Not at all it depends on your experience in life and what you Think

TBH
12-May-08, 01:29
Not at all it depends on your experience in life and what you ThinkMost girlies if they are good looking will get an easy time from a male boss and a hard time from a female boss, ergo, the same will apply to men and female bosses.:D All depending on the good looks or otherwise of the worker involved.

Anne x
12-May-08, 01:35
Most girlies if they are good looking will get an easy time from a male boss and a hard time from a female boss, ergo, the same will apply to men and male bosses.:D

Do qualifications count !!! or good on the eye is it male or female gosh I thought those days had long gone

Anne x
12-May-08, 01:39
I'm self-employed Anne, so have a female boss.

There's just no pleasing her....she tells me off, then makes me tea. Praises me for a good job done, and then asks why I haven't cleaned the kitchen floor yet. She follows me around all day, and won't even answer the phone when I'm in the loo :roll:.

Helen dinna worry her hormones she is probably in awe of you females can be like that when they are insecure [lol]

TBH
12-May-08, 01:39
Do qualifications count !!! or good on the eye is it male or female gosh I thought those days had long goneUnfortunately Anne, they have not gone. Progression is still proportional to how easy on the eye your face is.:D

Anne x
12-May-08, 01:45
Unfortunately Anne, they have not gone. Progression is still proportional to how easy on the eye your face is.:D

lol
well maybe thats what happened me and my experience what did the Duchess of Windsor say and I quote ""A woman Can never be to thin ""
unless up against a larger lady who worries about it and can cause havoc in Real life

TBH
12-May-08, 01:50
lol
well maybe thats what happened me and my experience what did the Duchess of Windsor say and I quote ""A woman Can never be to thin ""
unless up against a larger lady who worries about it and can cause havoc in Real lifeWise words from the Duchess.

Anne x
12-May-08, 01:55
Wise words from the Duchess.

I Right !!![lol]

Angela
12-May-08, 08:12
Most girlies if they are good looking will get an easy time from a male boss and a hard time from a female boss, ergo, the same will apply to men and female bosses. All depending on the good looks or otherwise of the worker involved.

There may be something in that TBH, though I'd hope not! Having been a female boss for most of my life and often been involved in interviewing prospective employees, I've not consciously chosen staff on the basis of their looks.

Whether it's made a difference without me being aware of it -well, maybe it has! :eek:

I've always tried to be a fair boss, but in recent years I've noticed my maternal side taking over when I've had young guys working for me. I've had to remind myself that they should be just as capable of good work as young women, and not to be too soft on the poor laddies.....:o